Who does Chicago take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
if im them id take Olesz... Him and Ruutu would be brutal in 3 years, if that... Besides he's a big guy who plays a physical game i hear...

sounds like the typical hawk player...

JFPIV

May 18, 2002
Indianapolis, IN
Visit site
Chipchura, he's a big forward from the WHL. Unless brother Brent has something bad to say about him, that's who I see Brian Sutter and the Hawks taking...him or Cam Barker.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I wouldn't be surprised to see Cam Barker go third now with the Hawkins holding that selection.

TVanek26*

Barker-Babchuk or Barker-Seabrook looks like a killer top pairing.

CCMV

Fighting Aficionado
Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
The Hawks will trade there pick for Igor Larionov and a 9th rounder. O wait... Mike Smith is not GM. Hum, so they will trade the pick for Steve Thomas and a 9th rounder. Yea, thats it. :shakehead

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
if we can get a decent return, im all for trading the pick.

X-SHARKIE

I agree with leafaholix big time.

Rosty Olesz would fin it very well this the Sutter system and the Hawks in General. Although he may be adding another Ruutu there...witch is by no means bad at all.

I would think Barker would also be logical...i'm still as high on him as many were in the begining of the year. He's a stud.

Those are your best best in Chicago.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
I am not 100% convinced that Malkin is the surefire #2 pick. It DOES seem likely at this point, but not 100% sure.

well there was reports in the pittsburgh post-gazette not long ago that the pens want an unnamed north american at #2 over malkin

McMatty

Nov 9, 2002
North Bay ON
Teemu08 said:
if we can get a decent return, im all for trading the pick.
If you were GM for a day, what would you want for it? ... most noteably, from the Oilers. Some quick info:
- have the 14th and another 1st rounder (in the 25-30 range)
- have a major overload at forward, and especially on the LW. Could move one or more of Isbister, Chimera, Rita, Horcoff.
- have a minor overload on defense. Could move one of Smith, Staios (don't want to, but could), Woywitka (don't want to, but could), Lynch (see Woywitka), and well, pretty much anyone else not named Brewer or Semenov.

Could a package of what's listed do the job?

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
NYR469 said:
well there was reports in the pittsburgh post-gazette not long ago that the pens want an unnamed north american at #2 over malkin

But check there:

http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/04/210264.html

and you will read from Pens GM Craig Patrick :
----------
Ovechkin would see to that but, even if the Penguins don't get the No. 1 pick, Patrick is excited by No. 2 prospect Evgeni Malkin, another Russian forward.

"There are two really great players for sure, and we'll get one of them," Patrick said.
---------

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004

leafaholix*

Olesz would be the best pick... he's just very talented.

I'd be hesitent to take Barker... if you want a defenseman, move the pick for a mid-rounder and draft AJ Thelen.

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
ParisSaintGermain said:
But check there:

http://nhl.com/onthefly/news/2004/04/210264.html

and you will read from Pens GM Craig Patrick :
----------
Ovechkin would see to that but, even if the Penguins don't get the No. 1 pick, Patrick is excited by No. 2 prospect Evgeni Malkin, another Russian forward.

"There are two really great players for sure, and we'll get one of them," Patrick said.
---------

originally, the pens where pretty high on Chipchura (if they didnt get the #1) and thats where the post-gazette article came from about a week ago (i have the article, just need to find it in the post-gazette stash i have), but on espn radio 1250, reports the past couple of days of stated that the pens are high on malkin and are 99.9% sure he is there man now as stated by ParisSaintGerman above

CoolburnIsGone

Do you think Chicago would be willing to trade with FL for a package including their pick (#7)? My idea would be the #7 and right wing Rob Globke or center Kamil Kreps. I'm not sure if this is enough or not but the core players (Bouwmeester, Weiss, Jokinen, Horton, Stewart, Luongo) are not tradeable.

leafaholix*

RichPanther said:
Do you think Chicago would be willing to trade with FL for a package including their pick (#7)? My idea would be the #7 and right wing Rob Globke or center Kamil Kreps. I'm not sure if this is enough or not but the core players (Bouwmeester, Weiss, Jokinen, Horton, Stewart, Luongo) are not tradeable.
Chicago doesn't need Globke or Kreps.

And Florida could grap a great player at 7... there really isn't much of a drop between 3 and 7... the major drop in talent is between 1 & 2, then 2 and the rest.

spence___

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
tripledekehockey said:
originally, the pens where pretty high on Chipchura (if they didnt get the #1) and thats where the post-gazette article came from about a week ago (i have the article, just need to find it in the post-gazette stash i have), but on espn radio 1250, reports the past couple of days of stated that the pens are high on malkin and are 99.9% sure he is there man now as stated by ParisSaintGerman above

What happened to change their opinion so much in such a short time? Oh that's right nothing. That articles worthless.

Steve Latin*

spence___ said:
What happened to change their opinion so much in such a short time? Oh that's right nothing. That articles worthless.

Chipcura obviously was a smokescreen in case we didn't finish last overall and lost out on the lottery. Malkin is the consensus #2.

S L

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
JFPIV said:
Chipchura, he's a big forward from the WHL. Unless brother Brent has something bad to say about him, that's who I see Brian Sutter and the Hawks taking...him or Cam Barker.

I only saw Chipchura once, but I'm not seeing how he could be remotely considered for the #3 spot? Olesz does it all, and does it better, IMO. I wouldn't take Chipchura in the top-10.

st_roland

I think Chicago picks Olesz at #3 in a no-brainer. He's NHL ready with a ton of upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->