Who do you want to win the draft lottery?

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by PhoPhan, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. PhoPhan

    PhoPhan Registered User

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2002
    Messages:
    14,726
    Likes Received:
    99
    Trophy Points:
    176
    We all know how the percentages and all work, but who would you be happiest with winning the lottery?

    Penguins
    Blue Jackets
    Capitals
    Blackhawks
    Coyotes
    Rangers
     
  2. BrooklynCanuck

    BrooklynCanuck Registered User

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2002
    Messages:
    3,151
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    I ated the purple berries, they taste like burning
    Home Page:
    CBJ, my second team.
     
  3. Jacob

    Jacob Registered User

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2002
    Messages:
    43,167
    Likes Received:
    4,771
    Trophy Points:
    235
    Home Page:
    I want the Penguins to win it.
     
  4. #2

    #2 Registered User

    Joined:
    May 1, 2003
    Messages:
    1,285
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Home Page:
    I agree i think Pittsburgh fans deserve an exciting player to watch in Ovechkin
     
  5. Foppa_Rules

    Foppa_Rules Registered User

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2003
    Messages:
    2,019
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Occupation:
    Cheering for sports teams
    Location:
    Earth...how about you?
    CBJ or Chicago.
     
  6. Guig

    Guig Registered User

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2003
    Messages:
    1,446
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Qc
    Chicago. I hope Ovechkin will play with Tuomo Ruutu
     
  7. Big McLargehuge

    Big McLargehuge Registered User

    Joined:
    May 9, 2002
    Messages:
    68,935
    Likes Received:
    1,225
    Trophy Points:
    215
    Location:
    S. Pasadena, CA
    I'm not going to dignifiy this with a response...

    err...

    Penguins :gman:
     
  8. Clash*

    Clash* Registered User

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2003
    Messages:
    5,295
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Florida and they move up into the fourth spot.
     
  9. Big McLargehuge

    Big McLargehuge Registered User

    Joined:
    May 9, 2002
    Messages:
    68,935
    Likes Received:
    1,225
    Trophy Points:
    215
    Location:
    S. Pasadena, CA
    somehow that would not suprise me...
     
  10. DaveG

    DaveG Global Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2003
    Messages:
    41,179
    Likes Received:
    11,586
    Trophy Points:
    232
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Brewer/Medical Software
    Location:
    Winston-Salem NC
    Awards:
    either Pittsburgh so they can get Ovechkin, or Carolina so that the Canes move up and the Pens get Ovechkin anyway.... hey, the draft's in Raleigh, it could happen.
     
  11. X-SHARKIE

    X-SHARKIE Registered User

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2003
    Messages:
    9,362
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Janesville Wisconsin
    Home Page:
    Pittsburgh......or Chicago.
     
  12. vbox81

    vbox81 Registered User

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2004
    Messages:
    168
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Pittsburgh, they need something to save that franchise (him and mario could get them a new stadium, hopefully.....)
     
  13. Flames Draft Watcher

    Flames Draft Watcher Registered User

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2002
    Messages:
    4,793
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Calgary
    Home Page:
    Any team in the east is fine by me ;)
     
  14. usiel

    usiel Aegrescit medendo Sponsor

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2002
    Messages:
    10,900
    Likes Received:
    181
    Trophy Points:
    186
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    musician/ts
    Location:
    Klendathu
    Home Page:
    I agree with that.

    That leave pitt/caps/maybe rangers. If NYR could commit to rebuilding with some young players it would be nice for the NHL because of the market. Pitt...they have a terrible building and that franchise is on shakey footing from all the reports I've seen. Leonsis rolled the dice on Jagr brining the Caps to the promise land and lost and subsquently has now purged almost everyone sellabe veteran we had by the trade deadline.

    Pitt is going to get Ovec or Malkin so they are in a win win situation. Its my humble opinion that even Ovec is not going to be some messiah ala when they tanked to get Lemieux.

    So really its just a crap shoot now of one of the other top/worst teams jump up to get Ovec. I'm a caps fan and would love for them to land the #1 but hell we have such a great repository of prospects right now (and will even more so with 5 picks in the first 2 rounds of this draft) even dropping a spot is not going to make or break them. Pitt and NYR got their cups in the 90s. Maybe its either the WSH or CHI's turn to get a potential star ;-).
     
  15. Vagrant

    Vagrant The Czech Condor

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2002
    Messages:
    22,245
    Likes Received:
    2,385
    Trophy Points:
    231
    Location:
    North Carolina
    Home Page:
    Anybody but Florida. Not only are they in the southeast, but they stole the #1 overall away from Carolina last year. :madfire:

    I mean, how many times is Dudley and the gang going to get lucky?
     
  16. EroCaps

    EroCaps Registered User

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2003
    Messages:
    16,725
    Likes Received:
    366
    Trophy Points:
    199
    Location:
    Virginia
    all the anti-Cap karma is going to backfire on everyone, watch... :help:
     
  17. ES

    ES Registered User

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2004
    Messages:
    3,124
    Likes Received:
    72
    Trophy Points:
    101
    Location:
    Finland
    Pittsburgh is my #1 favorite. Of the western I would say Phoenix.

    If someone other than worst 5 wins, LA would be good.
     
  18. Blatny Spears

    Blatny Spears Registered User

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2002
    Messages:
    911
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Toxostoma rufum
    Home Page:
    I hope Atlanta wins the lottery, personally.
     
  19. hockeyGod

    hockeyGod Registered User

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2002
    Messages:
    1,139
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    139
    Home Page:
    I think Carolina should be pretty happy with Staal. Dont be bitter bout last years draft. Eric is gonna be great.
     
  20. Jaded-Fan

    Jaded-Fan Registered User

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2004
    Messages:
    43,914
    Likes Received:
    3,160
    Trophy Points:
    186
    Being from Pittsburgh I hope that Atlanta wins too (assuming the Pens get that missing one point to clinch last). Only Bottom five can win the lottery and Ovechkin(you can not move up more than four slots). Atlanta is not going to be in the bottom five. Therefore the #30 team would get the pick which I am hoping is the Pens.
     
  21. This always confuses me. When you factor in the odds of any non-bottom 5 team winning the lottery, and add those to the odds of the team who finished 30th (since they'll get the first pick if a non-bottom 5 wins the drawing), what are the actual odds of winning from the 30th spot?
     
  22. Jaded-Fan

    Jaded-Fan Registered User

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2004
    Messages:
    43,914
    Likes Received:
    3,160
    Trophy Points:
    186
    Picking from spot #30:

    25% chance + 23.2% (the combined chances of numbers 6-14) = 48.2%.

    In the last 9 years team #30 has won outright twice . . . and has won indirectly when a team from number 6 - 14 has 'won' twice, giving #30 the pick four times, only two of those by actually having their number drawn. However the team whose number is drawn does move up four places (example, number 14 would move to number 10).
     
  23. Bandwagoner

    Bandwagoner Registered User

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2003
    Messages:
    249
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Location:
    Canada
    Home Page:
    Isn't that what MA Fleury is supposed to do. Me personally I'd like to see Ovechkin end up in either C-Bus or Chicago, and Pittsburgh end up with Crosby.
     
  24. Jaded-Fan

    Jaded-Fan Registered User

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2004
    Messages:
    43,914
    Likes Received:
    3,160
    Trophy Points:
    186

    I would take that.
     
  25. SwOOsh*

    SwOOsh* Guest

    I think you should have put a disclaimer like "not including your fav team" but anyway I will pick the Caps :p:
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

monitoring_string = "358c248ada348a047a4b9bb27a146148"