Who do you want to win the draft lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
We all know how the percentages and all work, but who would you be happiest with winning the lottery?

Penguins
Blue Jackets
Capitals
Blackhawks
Coyotes
Rangers

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
either Pittsburgh so they can get Ovechkin, or Carolina so that the Canes move up and the Pens get Ovechkin anyway.... hey, the draft's in Raleigh, it could happen.

vbox81

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh, they need something to save that franchise (him and mario could get them a new stadium, hopefully.....)

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Any team in the east is fine by me ;)

I agree with that.

That leave pitt/caps/maybe rangers. If NYR could commit to rebuilding with some young players it would be nice for the NHL because of the market. Pitt...they have a terrible building and that franchise is on shakey footing from all the reports I've seen. Leonsis rolled the dice on Jagr brining the Caps to the promise land and lost and subsquently has now purged almost everyone sellabe veteran we had by the trade deadline.

Pitt is going to get Ovec or Malkin so they are in a win win situation. Its my humble opinion that even Ovec is not going to be some messiah ala when they tanked to get Lemieux.

So really its just a crap shoot now of one of the other top/worst teams jump up to get Ovec. I'm a caps fan and would love for them to land the #1 but hell we have such a great repository of prospects right now (and will even more so with 5 picks in the first 2 rounds of this draft) even dropping a spot is not going to make or break them. Pitt and NYR got their cups in the 90s. Maybe its either the WSH or CHI's turn to get a potential star ;-).

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Anybody but Florida. Not only are they in the southeast, but they stole the #1 overall away from Carolina last year. :madfire:

I mean, how many times is Dudley and the gang going to get lucky?

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Pittsburgh is my #1 favorite. Of the western I would say Phoenix.

If someone other than worst 5 wins, LA would be good.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Blatny Spears said:
I hope Atlanta wins the lottery, personally.

Being from Pittsburgh I hope that Atlanta wins too (assuming the Pens get that missing one point to clinch last). Only Bottom five can win the lottery and Ovechkin(you can not move up more than four slots). Atlanta is not going to be in the bottom five. Therefore the #30 team would get the pick which I am hoping is the Pens.

jacketracket*

Jaded-Fan said:
Being from Pittsburgh I hope that Atlanta wins too (assuming the Pens get that missing one point to clinch last). Only Bottom five can win the lottery and Ovechkin(you can not move up more than four slots). Atlanta is not going to be in the bottom five. Therefore the #30 team would get the pick which I am hoping is the Pens.
This always confuses me. When you factor in the odds of any non-bottom 5 team winning the lottery, and add those to the odds of the team who finished 30th (since they'll get the first pick if a non-bottom 5 wins the drawing), what are the actual odds of winning from the 30th spot?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
jacketracket said:
This always confuses me. When you factor in the odds of any non-bottom 5 team winning the lottery, and add those to the odds of the team who finished 30th (since they'll get the first pick if a non-bottom 5 wins the drawing), what are the actual odds of winning from the 30th spot?

Picking from spot #30:

25% chance + 23.2% (the combined chances of numbers 6-14) = 48.2%.

In the last 9 years team #30 has won outright twice . . . and has won indirectly when a team from number 6 - 14 has 'won' twice, giving #30 the pick four times, only two of those by actually having their number drawn. However the team whose number is drawn does move up four places (example, number 14 would move to number 10).

Bandwagoner

Nov 18, 2003
Canada
Visit site
vbox81 said:
Pittsburgh, they need something to save that franchise (him and mario could get them a new stadium, hopefully.....)

Isn't that what MA Fleury is supposed to do. Me personally I'd like to see Ovechkin end up in either C-Bus or Chicago, and Pittsburgh end up with Crosby.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Bandwagoner said:
Isn't that what MA Fleury is supposed to do. Me personally I'd like to see Ovechkin end up in either C-Bus or Chicago, and Pittsburgh end up with Crosby.

I would take that.

SwOOsh*

I think you should have put a disclaimer like "not including your fav team" but anyway I will pick the Caps :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->