Who do you want to KEEP on the Summer Prospect List?

Who do you want to KEEP/REMOVE on the Summer Prospect List (This would be their final list)

• Total voters

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Just seeing where they rank within the team. Both are about as eligible as Chytil and Howden.

Not sure how a 19 year old Chytil with 84 games, and 21 year old Howden with 66 games are the same as a 25 year old with 247 games and a 26 year old with 240 games but ok..

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
To me if anyone has a case to stay on it's Bigras. We've always taken players off the list when they've passed certain thresholds. It happened to DeAngelo and Pionk last year. Neither of those players have probably reached their upside either.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Looking at things an alternative way---because I've said it often enough and think this is also true--players like Andersson, Chytil and Howden would have spent most of last year in the AHL if they were property of most other organizations. It's questionable how ready for the NHL they were last year and they're all big question marks going into next season or at least as far as what can be expected from any of them.

Still if 65 games is the cutoff I'd stay within that parameter.

Reactions: Mac n Gs and darko

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I think a U23 talent ranking could be fun. I don't know if everyone has the appetite for two long rankings processes.

For the prospect one, I always prefer to just stick with the old HF rules. I know they seem rigid at times, but either you go with rigid guidelines or generalized recommendations on who should be on there. Given that I'm an HR person, I live by the rules I have written and implemented and are the basis for how my company operates. :laugh:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
To me if anyone has a case to stay on it's Bigras. We've always taken players off the list when they've passed certain thresholds. It happened to DeAngelo and Pionk last year. Neither of those players have probably reached their upside either.
That is not true. Boo Nieves and someone else i'm forgetting remained on list after they were considered graduated. But why would Bigras have a case? He is too old. If anyone has a case it's the guy who played 2 extra games.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Point is it's HF boards and we should stick to their criteria and not make up the rules as we go.
HF got rid of their "prospect" section years ago, there is no rules anymore. We kept what they did because it was just easier, now we have players who are right on the line of what was considered a prospect or not which we never did before (aside from Boo which we ALLOWED to stay on the ranking an extra year). Things are meant to change over time.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think a U23 talent ranking could be fun. I don't know if everyone has the appetite for two long rankings processes.

For the prospect one, I always prefer to just stick with the old HF rules. I know they seem rigid at times, but either you go with rigid guidelines or generalized recommendations on who should be on there. Given that I'm an HR person, I live by the rules I have written and implemented and are the basis for how my company operates. :laugh:
Yea, maybe in the Winter we will do that.

Like I said though, we'll have a couple "bonus" polls this time around to put the top young players in the ranking on an unofficial list so everyone is happy since the polls are pretty split for a couple players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad