Who do you want to get Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwOOsh*

Jaded-Fan said:
Send some positive energy for a tie or loss tonight against the Thrashers. Would be in your interest too, as then the Pens will have locked and with the Caps management wanting to position themselves draft-wise, Pens having nothing to gain by 'creative maneuvering', and it being the last home game, shirts off our backs night . . . it could get ugly . . . but in the end would net you number 3 I think. So join me now even if you need to wash your mouth out with soap after, just for tonight . . . 'Gooooooooooooooo Pens, lose or tie tonight'

Sure can do. We can also help cheer on Chicago and Columbus to win together :)

gallagher

Columbus, Chicago or Phoenix

these teams can develop young talent.

the Rangers would just wreck him/slow his progress like Brendl, Malhotra, Blackburn and Lundmark. I know they're 'rebuilding' and giving the youngsters the keys to the Caddie, but I'll believe it when I see it.

the Caps haven't helped any of their youngsters to excel recently, so until they do, I fear for any young talented guy.

and Pittsburgh would probably be fine, but I just don't like the Pens, so I don't have a rational reason to exclude them.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Dallas Drake said:
Columbus, Chicago or Phoenix

these teams can develop young talent.

the Rangers would just wreck him/slow his progress like Brendl, Malhotra, Blackburn and Lundmark. I know they're 'rebuilding' and giving the youngsters the keys to the Caddie, but I'll believe it when I see it.

the Caps haven't helped any of their youngsters to excel recently, so until they do, I fear for any young talented guy.

and Pittsburgh would probably be fine, but I just don't like the Pens, so I don't have a rational reason to exclude them.

C'mon Drake, have faith in Hanlon. We've had an all-vet roster since the Wilson era, and we have done well with what we've had, Zednik, Halpern, etc.

GoaLiE12

Mar 14, 2004
DarthSather99 said:
Rangers - 7 years out of the playoffs. The NHL needs a successful team in NYC.
the NHL needs a successfull team everywhere, small and large markets, which is why theyre pondering the cap....

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Coyotes Winnepeg/Phoenix have never won a cup. Nice new arena, loyal fans, time for that franchise player.

Pittsburgh-has had their time in the sun. They will ultimately mis-managed and that is why they suck so bad now.

Columbus-a new team to the league they haven't endured the many years of futility. Their future is already pretty bright with Nash

Rangers- Have won a cup in the last ten years. A team that has totally been mismanaged as well. Tried to buy a cup, that didn't work. Decide to have a firesale so they can get a franchise player? I don't think so.

Washington. Never won the cup....But see the second half of the Rangers.

Chicago. Well the people of Chicago deserve something nice, but Wirtz sure doesn't deserve jack ****.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Legionnaire said:
Coyotes Columbus-a new team to the league they haven't endured the many years of futility. Their future is already pretty bright with Nash Thats a helluva statement.. bet the Aves fans are laughing there collective arses off at this.. you have to suffer first in this league... nah.

Thanks for that fine assessment of the state of hockey in Cbus.. guess I'm glad my faith is in the hands of a ping pong ball rather than the posters here.

As one of the first posters said... Nash, Ovechkin, Zherdev could be a financial windfall to the the sport of hockey. A #1 line with the composite age of 56..

Pachoo

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Rangers are now out of the running. They are picking 6th right now so even if they win the lottery, they only pick 2nd, missing out on Ovechkin.

I personally hope the Pens get Ovechkin. I would love to see what Lemieux could teach the kid.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Blew Smoke said:
As one of the first posters said... Nash, Ovechkin, Zherdev could be a financial windfall to the the sport of hockey. A #1 line with the composite age of 56..

But who'd play center in that line? All those players are wingers. If CBJ were to land Ovechkin I doubt all of them would play on the same line. How would Nash-Malkin-Zherdev sound instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->