Who do you want to get Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
Either

In terms of helping a team that needs him the most, Pitts or the Rangers or Capitals. The Rangers could afford to keep him long term obviously but the other two teams, after time they will have to dump him.

A team that has some talent, Columbus, man that would give them a
very very very talented first line, Nash-Ove-Zherdev.

Phoenix has young talent a fair bit of it. He would help them and fit in nicely there.

Chicago, what ever is happening to that team, man thats a sad situation. I think he would be just ruined in Chicago.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
daynus said:
Rangers could afford to keep him long term obviously but the other two teams, after time they will have to dump him.

Alot depends on the new CBA . . . Most seem to think that revenue sharing and a Cap is coming even if it takes a year long lockout. At minimum there will almost certainly be cost control on rookie salaries and likely year 1-3 or 4 year players so any team would ahve him that long. Add in revenue sharing and a Cap and there is no reason Dallas, the Rags, or Detroit would have any advantage in keeping Ovechkin or any other player.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
craig1 said:
Pittsburgh
Chicago
Phoenix
Columbus............

........If none of the above 4 win the lottery, he decides to play in Russia!

Sorry Caps and Rangers fans.... ;)

Its karma like that which is going to be the reason why WSH or NYR wins the lottery ;-). Keep it coming! :joker:

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
daynus said:
In terms of helping a team that needs him the most, Pitts or the Rangers or Capitals. The Rangers could afford to keep him long term obviously but the other two teams, after time they will have to dump him.

I'm sorry but I can't hold my tongue on this one.....thinking that the Caps are even in the same league financially as the Pens is unbeleivably clueless. As u obviously didn't know, the Caps came into this season with the 5th highest payroll in the league and would have gladly kept it that way if team put together hadn't gotten wiped out in the first round the year before and showed that it was a complete disaster the first few months of the season. The Caps have a decent arena deal that will get much better in a couple years when Pollin finally gives up on the Wizards or kicks it and Leonsis and co (who combinded have a net worth of around $2.5 billion) will finally buy out the rest of MCI and start getting much more revenue. Trust me, the Caps can afford to keep any player in the league....especially one that (if he can only partially live up to the hype) will generate as much interest as he will. The Pens OTOH are hanging on by their fingernails financially.....hopefully the new CBA will be able to keep them afloat until they get out of that awful lease they're stuck in (I think someone told me 3 more years). Actually as much as I hate the Pens after getting knocked outta the playoffs by them every friggin year and being so damn jealous seeing such talent as a still motivated Jagr and the unbeleivable talents of Lemiuex when we had to settle for a bunch of pluggers and one sniper I really hope they get either Ovechkin or Crosby (only if the Caps miss out on 'em of course) because I think that's the only way they're gonna get a new arena....something that without I don't see any way of them staying in Pittsburgh, and that fanbase deserves a team.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
George Harrison said:
Anyone but the Crapitals.

"Crapitals"...did u you come up with that all by yourself? I guess mommy and daddy are finally letting u use the computer by yourself.
Well, now that u can get on the internet u stay away from those nasty sites your mommy told you about. :lol

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
b-mad said:
I'm sorry but I can't hold my tongue on this one.....thinking that the Caps are even in the same league financially as the Pens is unbeleivably clueless. As u obviously didn't know, the Caps came into this season with the 5th highest payroll in the league and would have gladly kept it that way if team put together hadn't gotten wiped out in the first round the year before and showed that it was a complete disaster the first few months of the season. The Caps have a decent arena deal that will get much better in a couple years when Pollin finally gives up on the Wizards or kicks it and Leonsis and co (who combinded have a net worth of around $2.5 billion) will finally buy out the rest of MCI and start getting much more revenue. Trust me, the Caps can afford to keep any player in the league....especially one that (if he can only partially live up to the hype) will generate as much interest as he will. The Pens OTOH are hanging on by their fingernails financially.....hopefully the new CBA will be able to keep them afloat until they get out of that awful lease they're stuck in (I think someone told me 3 more years). Actually as much as I hate the Pens after getting knocked outta the playoffs by them every friggin year and being so damn jealous seeing such talent as a still motivated Jagr and the unbeleivable talents of Lemiuex when we had to settle for a bunch of pluggers and one sniper I really hope they get either Ovechkin or Crosby (only if the Caps miss out on 'em of course) because I think that's the only way they're gonna get a new arena....something that without I don't see any way of them staying in Pittsburgh, and that fanbase deserves a team.

Very Very Very Classy Post, and i too think we deserve a team, but are politicians aren't to sure we do. Anyway, Lets go pens (in the lotto atleast) :banana:

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
George Harrison said:
No, it has been the caps nickname for years in my book. Check profiles before making comments on people's age.

If not age then maturity level.....I mean with a power ranger as your avatar I figured it was age. I really can't imagine anyone over 16 saying "Crapitals", but maybe that's just me. :)

Ric Flair

Feb 27, 2002
Stylin and Profilin
www.surfrider.org
b-mad said:
If not age then maturity level.....I mean with a power ranger as your avatar I figured it was age. I really can't imagine anyone over 16 saying "Crapitals", but maybe that's just me. :)

I guess some people judge posters on one word in one reply or by their avatar, which by the way is not a power ranger, I however go by quality of posts.

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Herb_Brooks said:
Very Very Very Classy Post, and i too think we deserve a team, but are politicians aren't to sure we do. Anyway, Lets go pens (in the lotto atleast) :banana:

I hope the Pens get Ovechkin. Fans of the Penguins need good news of any sort these days. And if there's not a lockout then a Ovechkin-Lemieux-Morozov line would look pretty great.

As far as a Ovechkin-Zherdev-Nash line, that would be awesome. However, aren't they all wingers? It would still be dangerous but they wouldn't win that many faceoffs especially when going against the top defensive line.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Herb_Brooks said:

Considering they just put up new stadiums for the Steelers and Pirates (both of which cost alot more than they should've.....they coulda given the Pens one with the money they saved if they were halfway responsible building the other two), coupled with the weak teams and less than anticipated revenue the politicians will see this year I think it hurts the Pens chances even more.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
SwOOsh said:
Capitals then the Pens.

Will put a positive Malkin thought in for you all, as I said in another thread a few days ago, if we did end up with Ovechkin, Caps with Malkin, would be very cool to see both go at it year after year in the same division. Playoffs would be a bit more fun too as both came from this draft so always that connection.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Jaded-Fan said:
Will put a positive Malkin thought in for you all, as I said in another thread a few days ago, if we did end up with Ovechkin, Caps with Malkin, would be very cool to see both go at it year after year in the same division. Playoffs would be a bit more fun too as both came from this draft so always that connection.

Caps and Pens aren't in the same division.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Whoever called Jet Jaguar a Power Ranger should be ashamed of themselves.

My friend, don't ever get a fine character, who had a find battle with Godzilla mixed up with the power rangers.

Jet Jaguar would have kicked the power ranger's asses!!

Btw, we'll take Ovechekin here in chicago thank you :p:

-fullmetalninja

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
EroCaps said:
Caps and Pens aren't in the same division.

I type too fast at times . . . Conference, and we do seem to play one another in the Playoffs an amazing number of times (though remembering back that far . . . playoffs, almost a foreign word . . . is getting harder to remember).

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Jaded-Fan said:
I type too fast at times . . . Conference, and we do seem to play one another in the Playoffs an amazing number of times (though remembering back that far . . . playoffs, almost a foreign word . . . is getting harder to remember).

It would be something wouldn't it? At this point I'll be happy with Ovechkin, Malkin, or Barker. Cam would give us one of the better, if not best young defensive cores in the league w/ Eminger, Morrisonn, Barker, and Yonkman. If the Pens have any mercy, they'll come out guns blazing on Sunday. ;)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
EroCaps said:
It would be something wouldn't it? At this point I'll be happy with Ovechkin, Malkin, or Barker. Cam would give us one of the better, if not best young defensive cores in the league w/ Eminger, Morrisonn, Barker, and Yonkman. If the Pens have any mercy, they'll come out guns blazing on Sunday. ;)

Send some positive energy for a tie or loss tonight against the Thrashers. Would be in your interest too, as then the Pens will have locked and with the Caps management wanting to position themselves draft-wise, Pens having nothing to gain by 'creative maneuvering', and it being the last home game, shirts off our backs night . . . it could get ugly . . . but in the end would net you number 3 I think. So join me now even if you need to wash your mouth out with soap after, just for tonight . . . 'Gooooooooooooooo Pens, lose or tie tonight'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->