Who do you want to be our backup Goalie?

Who do you want as backup goaltender?

• Total voters

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Marty Biron mentioned trading for Subban or Delia today. I wonder whether Chicago will be able to trade them, or if they will be available on waivers.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Maybe we should claim Hutchinson from Toronto just to ef with them by clearing out their minor league goalie depth like a couple years ago.

Reactions: CrazyMonkey1208

Deleted member 331730

UPL as 1a goalie... we have nothing to lose in the coming season. That's how he gets enough playing practice and improves

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Take Koskinen for 1 year, and get a draft pick from Edmonton who don't want him and are up against the cap.
I'm not sure this would good, but I think there's a possibility the Sabres do this. Edmonton still looking to upgrade in goal.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I didn't realize Alex Stalock (waiver claim candidate) has played 151 NHL games. I'm not sure whether he would still be a good backup or not.

The Real JT

The slate is clean. LGI
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
geico-walrus-goalie-small-7.jpg

Closet Sabres fan here in peace.
How about Duncan the walrus from the GEICO commercial?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Craig Anderson mentioned having to change his training in his mid-20's and decide to do what he needed to do to be in the NHL.

Is there another goalie like this that has potential but needs mentoring to take the next step?
Trade?
Waivers? (Ingram, Montembeault, Subban?)

We could carry 3 goalies and Anderson can mentor.

I know many fans want to trade for a starter, but I just don't see it happening this season, unless a young goalie comes via Eichel trade.

Reactions: K8fool

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
KA might have a cool ace up his sleeve w first chouce on a waiver wire w three teams w better goalies than us not giving up an asset , two might keas to a great competition or our cap lends to one waiver a cap claim w a pick..havent looked who might have issues..

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I really hope Sabres decide to have 2 competent goaltenders next year.

With the "early" signings of Cal Petersen and Merzlikins, and Stalock now out due to Covid related heart issues, it just reaffirms for me how much short supply not only starting goaltenders are, but even competent backups.

I still want to push the idea of picking up another goalie on waivers to see if they can establish themself as a competent backup goaltender for the future.

Two possibilities that are still in their RFA years are Ingram and Montembault.

Are either of them ready? I read one Nashville post that said Ingram looked close to the NHL but then really dropped off and also went to rehab.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I think we start Anderson/Dell in Buffalo Between UPL/Tokarski/Houser, one of them will hit Buffalo as early as is needed. Maybe 5 games in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad