Who do you want Jack Hughes to play for?

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
31. Oilers. They received the greatest bounty of draft picks ever and they should not be eligible. I feel bad for their fans and McJesus but enough is enough. You got the best player since Sid.
I hate the Oilers as much as (probably more than) the next guy, but to say they shouldn't be eligible to win the lottery is just silly.
The rules are the rules, we don't want this to be a dictatorship.

To answer the question, I obviously want my Canucks to get him. We have his brother's rights, the draft is in Vancouver, and we should end up with some of the best (if not THE best) odds at the 1st OA. It would be too perfect...so I'm sure it won't happen.

Honestly though, I'm sure he'll be a good, impactful player for a long time, but I don't think he's going to be in the Crosby/McDavid category

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I mean obviously the Wings but that's just because i'm a Wings fan

other than that i'm mostly pretty indifferent,I guess Edmonton or Colorado would be nice just because it would be funny

other than that....maybe Arizona?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
My rooting interest for a seemingly great prospect is always as follows:

1) Chicago
2) If not Chicago, then at least for a team not in the Western Conference,
3) If it has to be a team in the West, at least not for a team in the Central Division.

Reactions: pvr

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I hate the Oilers as much as (probably more than) the next guy, but to say they shouldn't be eligible to win the lottery is just silly.
The rules are the rules, we don't want this to be a dictatorship.

To answer the question, I obviously want my Canucks to get him. We have his brother's rights, the draft is in Vancouver, and we should end up with some of the best (if not THE best) odds at the 1st OA. It would be too perfect...so I'm sure it won't happen.

Honestly though, I'm sure he'll be a good, impactful player for a long time, but I don't think he's going to be in the Crosby/McDavid category
They should be eligible I just don't want them to win another lottery. They won 4 and got other high picks #3 Drai and #4 Pulju so it ain't just #1s

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Honestly, Vegas.
Stanley Cup final in their 1st season and a lottery winner with a primo #1 in their 2nd year.
Oh so Golden.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Three teams I'd like to see get him:
Canucks:Never had 1st overall, draft is in Vancouver, they already have Quinn, bad luck in lotteries.
Arizona:Bad luck in lotteries, they need to make the playoffs to gain fan support.
Islanders:Really rough last couple of decades, and this would make up for the Tavares incident.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Detroit I hope.

Otherwise, as long as it's not Edmonton. NHL doesn't need another young star wasting away.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I'm a Canadiens fan who also happens to have season tickets to the US NTDP, so I'd love see to Hughes in a Habs uniform after watching him play for two seasons here in Plymouth.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Detroit don't look very good this year, but they have Zadina + others coming soon. I can see them having a shot at landing Hughes. Hughes in hockey town. Would be fitting when I think about it for personal reasons.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Canucks:Never had 1st overall, draft is in Vancouver, they already have Quinn, bad luck in lotteries.

To be fair...Canucks at one point owned the 1st overall pick in the 1999 draft, but traded it to the Thrashers on the condition that they not choose a Sedin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->