Updated: Who Do you want as coach? (Poll)

Updated: Who do you want as coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I one negative thing that I remember about AV was that he was stubbornly insistent on his dman opting for a long stretch pass up to a forward in the neutral zone vs carrying out themselves. He may change his tactics when he comes here, but I'd hate to be robbed of beautiful zone exits by Dahlin...

Plus our forwards are way to slow and lazy to get open in the NZ.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Anyone even slightly interested in Taylor taking over the reigns? Rochester has a stacked team, but he has qualities I like- seems respected by the team, allows young players to play through their mistakes, his teams dont underperform.

I wish Botts would've fired Housley once the team was in a clear free fall to see what Taylor has to offer. Maybe the team would've responded.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyone even slightly interested in Taylor taking over the reigns? Rochester has a stacked team, but he has qualities I like- seems respected by the team, allows young players to play through their mistakes, his teams dont underperform.

I wish Botts would've fired Housley once the team was in a clear free fall to see what Taylor has to offer. Maybe the team would've responded.

He is the coach to take over for the coach Botterill is about to hire. Taylor hasn’t had playoff success and this is the first year where it is easy to point to player growth. He is not without his detracting actions. It’s not like Keefe who is now 7 years into winning as a coach at a high level. If Taylor van do this for a few more seasons, yes, he is a good candidate. But right now? No.

Reactions: Rasmi and Mattilaus

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Not ready for him to be the coach yet. We have a good thing going in Rochester with development of players. I don't want to disrupt the one thing going well for this organization.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Tortorella is one of the more entertaining options for sure, but he's too sensitive to come here.

Harrington - Talk to us about the lack of effort in the second period that resulted in those three goals

Torts - Ask me that in the form of a question

Harrington - What are you talking about?

Torts - “Don’t say ‘talk about it.’ Ask me a question please. Because I’m not going to talk about it if it isn’t a question,”

For those of you who might not know - the above actually happened - just not with Harrington. I can't remember where or when. I'd love to hear the response when Harrington would lay the old - I have a Journalism Degree on Torts. o_O :popcorn:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tatre and Eichel9

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Harrington - Talk to us about the lack of effort in the second period that resulted in those three goals

Torts - Ask me that in the form of a question

Harrington - What are you talking about?

Torts - “Don’t say ‘talk about it.’ Ask me a question please. Because I’m not going to talk about it if it isn’t a question,”

For those of you who might not know - the above actually happened - just not with Harrington. I can't remember where or when. I'd love to hear the response when Harrington would lay the old - I have a Journalism Degree on Torts. o_O :popcorn:

Brooks.

Reactions: Buffaloed

Buf fan in Nash

Jul 18, 2018
Nashville, TN
Hire me as coach. I always go two big fat players and one fast skinny player. Works like a charm.

Ice_Hockey_NES_lineup.png

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Apparently I interviewed well a few weeks back when I got the job as the midget house head coach for next season if our rink has enough kids for a team.

Maybe I need to send Botts my resume...

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Apparently I interviewed well a few weeks back when I got the job as the midget house head coach for next season if our rink has enough kids for a team.

Maybe I need to send Botts my resume...

No, fans from your last team came here to say that you don't make in game adjustments, you favor the wrong players, you don't use analytics, your special teams are weak and they felt in your post game pressers you had no answers and didn't show enough emotion:D

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
No, fans from your last team came here to say that you don't make in game adjustments,

They don't know what they are talking about.

you favor the wrong players,

They don't know what they are talking about.

you don't use analytics,

I used all the analytics at my disposal last season and if analytics are your thing, you would like who I have reached out to be an assistant coach if we have a team this season.

your special teams are weak

That's true. But, I wasn't the STs guy.

and they felt in your post game pressers you had no answers and didn't show enough emotion:D

If you want a fiery coach, I am not your guy.

Well, unless getting ticked at quitting on the backcheck counts...

Reactions: flashsabre

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
It's patently obvious that associate coach Davis Payne is being denied an opportunity solely on the basis of having two last names. The Buffalo Sabres organization has demonstrated through past conduct that experience, education, and prior record, have no bearing on the hiring of personnel. If his name was David Payne instead of Davis Payne, he would be the front runner. The Sabres would do well to schedule associate Davis Payne for an interview to head off a nasty lawsuit, or worse.

I can understand the Sabres reticence. I too am wary of people with two last names. It makes me wonder what kind of parents would do that to a child. It sounds more like a corporate merger than a real name. You can bet other children teased and bullied them, "your parents are so stupid they couldn't come up with first name". What kind anger simmers beneath the surface just waiting to erupt in a torrent of violence given the right trigger. It doesn't have to end badly. Some can be saved if you get to them in time. That Johnson Tortorella is doing fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabremike

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
I hope they don't go after Maurice. The Jets have terrible metrics, i believe it's the coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad