Speculation: Who do you want as backup: Peter Budaj or Louis Domingue?

Who do you want as a Backup?

• Total voters

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I'm picking Dom, we've seen veteran goalies in Tampa before that come off strong seasons before it all crumbles (Roloson). That said, I'm not super confident going into the playoffs with only Dom as the safety net. He's been good, bad and okay in his few games so far.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I rather have Budaj for the playoffs. No kidding. I don't think he's as bad as he was this season. Hopefully none of them have to play much though.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Dom
Who knows how long / if / when Buudy can get back to form. Dom is already in the swing of it, just keep it going.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I cannot come up with one reason to go with Budaj, his injury was the nail in the coffin. Seems to be a great guy but it just didn't work here.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Budaj is just too slow. Domingue is obviously still backup caliber but he is athletic enough to make the tougher saves without being too floppy. I like his game overall and trust him to make a start in a pinch.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Dom. His lateral movement is so much better than Budaj's.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Dom - he has the potential to be a starter somewhere else (stressing the somewhere else part) after a "true" development period. Budaj is a great guy, but he's just not an NHL caliber goalie anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad