Proposal: Who do you trade for an impact Dman?

Who would you trade to land a top pairing Dman or picks to draft potential in that area:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Would absolutely look at trading Boeser for an impact young defender.

I initially had Makar and Heiskanen in mind as early as last year, but those ships have long sailed.

@dim jim made what I thought was a pretty good suggestion on the T&R board: Charlie McAvoy.

Once the Canucks make a trade like that, you could then go hard after a high profile UFA forward on July 1st. We’d have some pretty good selling points as well in my opinion.

1) The opportunity to play with Pettersson on the top line.

2) Money and Term. 7 years + a huge AAV that the Canucks would be able to afford since they wouldn’t need to re-up Boeser immediately.

3) A promising future with a now well balanced team thanks to the new young defenseman. Guys like Panarin, Stone, and Duchene would likely be impressed by the future outlook of this team.....and would very likely consider themselves to be a missing piece......a missing piece that would now get the opportunity to make some magic with Elias Pettersson for the next 7 years.

Last edited:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I think its important to keep in mind just how ****ty the west is this year. Credit to the Canucks for a surprisingly entertaining season, but the reason we are "playing meaningful games in February" also has a lot to do with the state of the western conference.

Note: playing meaningful games in February turned into playing meaningless games in March and April. Yay they didn't completely find themselves out of it until a few days before the deadline! In a weak west. In the East or any other year they would have been done before the all star break. Same as always.

The weak west, Pettersson, and Markstrom being a top 5 WAR goaltender is the only reason they aren't well behind last years point pace.

Think about it: you have a 55-60 point two-way force in Horvat, a 80+ point potential rookie of the year center, a 30+ goal scoring winger (who is clearly not at the top of his game), two younger D-men who have stepped up to form a legitimate second pairing, a top 5 WAR goaltender AND an incredibly weak west and they managed to put themselves out of the race before deadline day! That is actually one hell of an accomplishment by management to assemble a supporting cast over the past several years that can be this bad.

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
Note: playing meaningful games in February turned into playing meaningless games in March and April. Yay they didn't completely find themselves out of it until a few days before the deadline! In a weak west. In the East or any other year they would have been done before the all star break. Same as always.

The weak west, Pettersson, and Markstrom being a top 5 WAR goaltender is the only reason they aren't well behind last years point pace.

Think about it: you have a 55-60 point two-way force in Horvat, a 80+ point potential rookie of the year center, a 30+ goal scoring winger (who is clearly not at the top of his game), two younger D-men who have stepped up to form a legitimate second pairing, a top 5 WAR goaltender AND an incredibly weak west and they managed to put themselves out of the race before deadline day! That is actually one hell of an accomplishment by management to assemble a supporting cast over the past several years that can be this bad.

#TheSkyIsFalling

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
if our draft pick falls outside the top 2 this year, I'd consider packaging it for a top 2 RHD if possible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->