who do you think is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

db23

phil76 said:
who do you think was to be a awesome prospect for your team and at the end did absolutely nothing

for ott=alexandre daigle :shakehead
for mtl=brian savage :banghead:

If you regard players who have played 10 years in the NHL, 600 games, 300 points and are STILL ACTIVE as failures, then 95% of the players drafted into the league are failures.

Brian Savage was a 9th round draft pick I think. Show me all the 9th rounders who have had better careers than him.

Alex Daigle has yet to turn 30. He could play in the league another 10 years. I beleive he was the top scorer on his team last season.

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
NYRangers said:
Pavel Brendl

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

UGH!!! I was waiting since his draft day for him to make the impact they suggested he'd make in the NHL someday... I'm still waiting!!!

Here's one for the Cap fans that I remember well, Alexander Volchkov

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Carolina in order of bust-ness: 1) Jeff Heerema, 2) Nikos Tselios, 3) Igor Knyazev (he still has a fraction of a chance with the Yotes)

Suprising Omission: David Tanabe (he had the skills, however, Maurice's system stifled his creativity and offensive ability)

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Pavel Brendl

i had a post written up awhile back that mentioned him...then the hfboards server went down so i couldn't post it :shakehead

but i saved it so i'll throw it up again:

pavel brendl immediatley springs to mind...high draft pick, put up TONS of points in the WHL...then comes to camp out of shape his first year, then in his second doesn't even show what he showed in his first camp, then there was the rumor of his comment along the lines of "why should i waste my summer training?". kinda all gave birth to the scathing remarks about krispy kream brendl from rangers fans...he was supposed to be the next great sniper for them but never showed a lot in camps and got traded...clarke tried (desperatly to me it seems, to justify the lindros trade) to make him produce in philly...then traded him to carolina. he still has a chance to get on track but he's a pretty big dissapointment in the rangers community...oh and he's an attrocious skater

thomas kloucek is another big dissapointment...i think every rangers fan was hyped as hell about this guy and he showed a lot in his first stint with the rangers...huge hitter, had good skills as well...would have been the tough physical defenseman the rangers needed. but injuries after injuries (ripped up his knee, several concussions) and his game definatly regressed...traded off to nashville where he never got it going (and got another concussion i think) then off to atlanta where he's got some playing time but doesn't seem to be fulfilling the potential he could have. he's still got time too but i fear he is a walking injury case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad