who do you think is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SedinFan*

phil76 said:
who do you think was to be a awesome prospect for your team and at the end did absolutely nothing

for ott=alexandre daigle :shakehead
for mtl=brian savage :banghead:

Totally wrong board.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
phil76 said:
who do you think was to be a awesome prospect for your team and at the end did absolutely nothing

for ott=alexandre daigle :shakehead
for mtl=brian savage :banghead:

Brian Savage was good for the Habs. If you want to know some bust for the Habs, just think our first rounder in the 90': Chouinard, Ryan, Matt Higgins...

PhillyNucksFan

Dec 27, 2002
Philadelphia
Wrong board.

But.

you can almost name one on every first pick out of Vancouver drafting history.

4 out of 5 first pick (1st round or 2nd) are busts.

Since 1990, 14 first picks.. since the last 1 was too recently, lets try 13 picks, only Sedins (2 first picks though), Ohlund, Allen came out of first pick. you do the math, 10 out of 13 are busts..

:banghead:

RJ8812*

Flyers have a few:

-Zubrus (15th OA '96)
-Boucher (22nd OA '95)
-Ryan Sittler (7th OA '92)

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Aitken did put Tripp in the hospital last year with a single shot though :D

For the Hawks: Cleary, Jones, Royer, Nabokov, Lecompte, Krivokrasov, Dykhuis, Bennett :banghead: :banghead:

And those are only 1st rounders from the last decade :banghead:

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
theBob said:
Aitken did put Tripp in the hospital last year with a single shot though

For the Hawks: Cleary, Jones, Royer, Nabokov, Lecompte, Krivokrasov, Dykhuis, Bennett :banghead:

And those are only 1st rounders from the last decade :banghead:

Dykhuis :lol

For the Habs I hav to say Chouinard, Terry Ryan, Matt Higgins, Stevenson, Wilkie, Bilodeau, Ward and that's jsut in the 90's :shakehead

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Vancouver: Kru"boo"tov

I remember on HNIC they were talking about Terry Ryan, they showed a clip of him recieving his jersey at the draft and the commontators said that he with be a very physical player that will help the Habs for years to come.

Then Scott Oake mentions that his NHL career lasted a whopping 8 games! But he didn't say why exactly. I don't know if he went to the AHL and decided to retire or what.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
Canadian_man said:
Vancouver: Kru"boo"tov

I remember on HNIC they were talking about Terry Ryan, they showed a clip of him recieving his jersey at the draft and the commontators said that he with be a very physical player that will help the Habs for years to come.

Then Scott Oake mentions that his NHL career lasted a whopping 8 games! But he didn't say why exactly. I don't know if he went to the AHL and decided to retire or what.

If I remember correctly, he was really lazy and wanted alot of money. If he would have played to his full potential and been less greedy then he would have been a really good player for the Habs. It's sad actually to see how much 1st rounders the Habs have wasted in the last 15 years. Atleast it's all turning around now. :yo:

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
The Leafs have made this an art form! They could just as easily have folded their team for the entire 80's and then come back in and may have been better off. Former Leaf GM and now radio host in Toronto, Gord Stellick said this about the '89 draft, where the Leafs had 3 first round picks..."Harold Ballard gave our scouts just enough money to get as far as Belleville, Ontario" How true, and how dissapointing!

regdunlap7

Sep 28, 2003
lowell, ma
Visit site
I always thought both Cameron Mann and Jonathan Girard would be good players for the Bruins (Girard still has a shot).

And I thought Ron Hainsey and Marcel Hossa would have break out seasons for Montreal last year.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
x-bob said:
If I remember correctly, he was really lazy and wanted alot of money. If he would have played to his full potential and been less greedy then he would have been a really good player for the Habs. It's sad actually to see how much 1st rounders the Habs have wasted in the last 15 years. Atleast it's all turning around now. :yo:

I think it was more about concussion problems and rumoured drinking problems...the guy was a helluva scrapper...knew how to throw them...but he also knew how to receive them...(no D in his fighting style).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Wild have had a ton:

Kyle Wanvig- Budding PF but might be his last year to crack the NHL for the Wild.

Christoph Brandner- Later round pick but was suppose to be a good player coming from the DEL. Struggled and is now playing in the AHL.

Mikko Koivu- Was suppose to be either a 1 or 2 center but might not even crack the top 6.

Maxim Sushinski- Is putting up great numbers in the Russian Supers but couldn't make it in the NHL.

Mike Erickson- Big named signed for the Gophers but injured himself and found himself in the USHL. Don't even know where he is going to end up.

Marcin Kolusz- Our Polish Prince of Mystery. Was also suppose to be a very solid player but got released by the Giants this summer.

degroat*

The answer to this question for the Blues would be Marty Reasoner.

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
regdunlap7 said:
I always thought both Cameron Mann and Jonathan Girard would be good players for the Bruins (Girard still has a shot).

And I thought Ron Hainsey and Marcel Hossa would have break out seasons for Montreal last year.

Hainsey and Hossa should have broken out last year, but I think it was just delayed a year. Both guys have the talent, it's just a question when their heads arrive :D

Seriously though; Bilodeau was just disappointing, as for Terry Ryan, injuries were a part of the reason he never made it as well. Hows about Matty (2 points in 43 GP) Higgins :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad