Who do you think is going to have a leap in development this year?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Of course, the answer could be no one.

It could be one of the prospects.

It could be one of the younger guys on the roster getting to the "next level".

Or maybe you are feeling feisty and thinking the Ritchie can pull a Knuble.

Who do you think is primed for a leap in development this season?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
DeBrusk has showed us in his first two seasons he can produce both goals and assists. His numbers flipped from his first season to his second season:

First Year = 16 Goals -- 27 Assists -- 43 Points
Second Year = 27 Goals -- 15 Assists -- 42 Points

With that, I think he finds the consistency all year and gives the Bruins a 30G/55+ Point season.

**Hasn't played a full season yet (68 GP, 70GP) so staying fully healthy is also a key here**

jangerhofer

Dec 22, 2018
New Hampshire

How much of an opportunity do you suppose he will get? I expect (and hope!) that player-game load management becomes a hot-button topic this season on the B's and across the league, so I could imagine him playing 20-25 games with Chara or Krug out of the lineup and resting, but I'm not sure I see where he fits in given current personnel.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I'm going bold here and I know many will think I'm crazy....Zach Senyshyn.
I agree with you - my second choice is Carlo. He's going to handily have his best offensive year.

Seny I think is a guy who will thrive with NHL caliber players around him. I don't think he's a guy who will create offense himself, but he is a guy who has the speed to get to the right spots and score goals - put him with Krejci or Coyle and I bet he pops 10-15

Trent Frederic I think will make the team. Lot of people down on him after 15 games and no points....sounds like a familiar situation for Bruins fans.

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Imo Senyshyn he's not ready for 3rd line duty in the NHL.
Highly doubt he'll even sniff it in a top 6 role.
That's just wishful thinking.

Lots of opportunities for guys like Kuhlman, Bjork, Cehlerick, Ritchie, and others might surprise as well.

Reactions: JOKER 192

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I have a feeling Lauko will really impress many as a prospect who won`t make the big club but develop nicely in Providence. I say that having only limited viewings of his game (mostly during the Memorial Cup) but just seems like a kid has "it". Likely take some time to adjust in Providence but around Christmas we`ll start seeing him become more comfortable

I have not one bit of evidence to support this but like some others here, my gut tells me Seny has an excellent camp and even if he gets sent down, he`ll be one of the last one`s to be sent to Providence and he`ll be the first called up when an opening occurs at his position

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
What kind of season would you expect from him? I could see this happening:

3rd Line Role (To Start):

13-15 Goals
30 Points

Something around there. I think it could be more if he gets a look on the #1PP unit as a net front guy. I know some like the LS in front, but Seny has the size and hands to be what you need. If he got hot on the #1PP, I could see like a 20G/15A season. I think what you have is pretty realistic expectation.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I have a feeling Lauko will really impress many as a prospect who won`t make the big club but develop nicely in Providence. I say that having only limited viewings of his game (mostly during the Memorial Cup) but just seems like a kid has "it". Likely take some time to adjust in Providence but around Christmas we`ll start seeing him become more comfortable

I have not one bit of evidence to support this but like some others here, my gut tells me Seny has an excellent camp and even if he gets sent down, he`ll be one of the last one`s to be sent to Providence and he`ll be the first called up when an opening occurs at his position

I still have Lauko as a dark horse to make the team lol. I know what you mean about that "it" comment though. He kind of reminds me of a more two-way version of Pasta. The kid just seems to enjoy playing the game and just wants to be at the rink. Now I don't think Lauko puts up Pasta numbers, but he'll give you better defense than Pasta does. Maybe a taller/poor mans Marchand w/ Pasta's personality is a better comp lol.

Reactions: ODAAT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad