Who do you take at 9th Overall

Who do you take at 9th Overall

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
If we are at 8, and Wahlstrom does not fall to 8 (as I said he will)...I believe it'll be another forward (Kotkaniemi, Lundestrom) - and not a DMan.

Good thing we'll have a seat seven spots up at #1.

Christ. Is it April 28th yet?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I agree. Dobson or Bouchard would be a good addition to the pool. I'm still hoping we grab Bokk and Kravtsov late in the first

For us to get either of those guys we're going to have to move up. Cost permitting I'm for that by the way but it might mean packaging a 1st and a 2nd or both late 1st's to move into the 12-15 range. I don't think either of these guys will be around by 20. I have both in my top 16. The other thing is I'd like us to use an early pick on a defenseman. If we take a forward at 8--I'd be much more inclined to take a d-man with our next pick.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I see Hughes falling I do.

I think if you can get Edmonton’s pick somehow you can come away with one of Bouchard or Dobson and probably wahlstrom.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
This draft has 9 great picks and then Farabee who is a borderline great pick so if we're at 8 or 9--I'm absolutely fine with us getting one of Bouchard, Dobson or Hughes and one of them should be available. If not someone like Tkachuk, Boqvist or Wahlstrom will be. So it all works as far as I'm concerned. Then Wilde, Smith, Kotkaniemi and Bokk are borderline great picks too. Where the Rangers will be in the draft order for their first 1st rounder it's almost impossible for them to f*** it up.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Hughes will fall to us.

Or

Get this.
RUSSIAN FACTOR
We start spreading rumors that svech wants to go back to Russia rather than stay in juniors or go to AHL.

Svechnikov falls and we pick him up
I think you are overestimating our influence

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
This draft has 9 great picks and then Farabee who is a borderline great pick so if we're at 8 or 9--I'm absolutely fine with us getting one of Bouchard, Dobson or Hughes and one of them should be available. If not someone like Tkachuk, Boqvist or Wahlstrom will be. So it all works as far as I'm concerned. Then Wilde, Smith, Kotkaniemi and Bokk are borderline great picks too. Where the Rangers will be in the draft order for their first 1st rounder it's almost impossible for them to **** it up.

It would seem we are in a good spot. If we don't win a lottery hopefully we don't fall...but if someone leapfrogs us it won't be terrible if we end up at 9. While we could fall further, that would be unlikely...and if we end up at 10 we could draft Farabee as a "consolation prize". Heck, for all we know the Rangers like him enough to select him at 8 or 9, right?

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I see Hughes falling I do.

I think if you can get Edmonton’s pick somehow you can come away with one of Bouchard or Dobson and probably wahlstrom.

Why do you think that? Size concerns? He seems like a great pick at 8 if he managed to fall.

Hughes now sits with five goals and 29 points in 36 freshman games and is being considered by many as the second best defensive prospect in this upcoming draft. For comparison sake, the 5'10 rearguard outproduced fellow 2018 draft pick and forward, Brady Tkachuk and has more points than 2017 fourth overall pick, Cale Makar as a first year NCAA player. Hughes blends exqusite edgework with blistering acceleration and a mind for creating offense. He's a one man breakout machine and could challenge Filip Zadina for third overall when names are being called in Dallas this June. Cam Robinson

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
He’s tiny. I think it’ll hurt him. Not a great wjc either. Not saying he should just think he will be the guy that drops

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Just happy the top 10 is defense heavy. I hope the bpa with our 1st round picks end up being defensivemen. I would love to stockpile on that end. Then go heavy on offense rest of the draft and over the years. I would love to do what Nashville has, that d core is filthy

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Just happy the top 10 is defense heavy. I hope the bpa with our 1st round picks end up being defensivemen. I would love to stockpile on that end. Then go heavy on offense rest of the draft and over the years. I would love to do what Nashville has, that d core is filthy
We can easily land a great D at 8, great forward/sniper next pick then another D man with our 3rd pick. Would be quite a haul. Something like Dobson/Bokk/Sandin

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
He’s tiny. I think it’ll hurt him. Not a great wjc either. Not saying he should just think he will be the guy that drops

If he drops to our spot that would be great. Same really goes with Bouchard, Dobson or Boqvist. Nice that the top 8-9 is so D heavy. None of those would be a reach and any could be seen as a steal at 8.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Anyone have good player comparisons for the D guys? Boqvist, Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard, Wilde, Lundkvist, Sandin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad