Who do you take at 9th Overall

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Sure, but he's the next player on my ranking so i would take him.

I get it, but I think that sort of drafting has gotten us in trouble before, although more from what our scouts and GM wanted and less what fans have wanted drafted. I think we need to start taking some of the better overall players available instead of reaching for the "next on our list players".

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I get it, but I think that sort of drafting has gotten us in trouble before, although more from what our scouts and GM wanted and less what fans have wanted drafted. I think we need to start taking some of the better overall players available instead of reaching for the "next on our list players".

Then you don't get it. I have Bokk as the next best overall player, it's not just that he's next on my list... I Think he's a better player then for example Tkachuk or Farabee.

Reactions: Rongomania

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
What would make fans flip out more?

Bokk at 9 or trading up for tkachuk?

How far for Tkachuk? I could handle moving up to say, 7, to take him. That would be a push with Bokk at 9. Have read a good bit on Bokk thanks to Pronman and personally I don't mind reaching if it's for upside.

Anything beyond #7 for Tkachuk and I'd be hoping for Hughes/Wahlstrom so Tkachuk would be disappointing.

CaptBagel

May 2, 2018
Then you don't get it. I have Bokk as the next best overall player, it's not just that he's next on my list... I Think he's a better player then for example Tkachuk or Farabee.

So what's ur top 15 ranking?
I have Bokk 8th

Dahlin
Svech
Zadina
Tkachuk
Wahlstrom
Dobson
Farabee
Bokk
Hughes
Kotkaniemi
Bouchard
Kaut
Kravtsov
Boqvist
Berggren

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The consensus with Bokk is pretty much mid to late 20's. If the consensus is right he could still be around at 26. To me he's kind of a sleeper 1st though. I've made my own list and have him at 17. He'd be a primary target of mine if we could move up from the 26 into the teens. I wouldn't pick him at 9.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
I am too. Quality when it can be had over quantity.

In any case we have a backlog of prospects right now and the recent additions of Lindqvist and Meskanen added to that.
Now I'm not all for moving up to say 2/3, but say moving to 5 with Arizona to make sure we snag Wahlstrom of Hughes, yeah sign me up.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
The consensus with Bokk is pretty much mid to late 20's. If the consensus is right he could still be around at 26. To me he's kind of a sleeper 1st though. I've made my own list and have him at 17. He'd be a primary target of mine if we could move up from the 26 into the teens. I wouldn't pick him at 9.

He's going up in the consensus aswell, more and more people have him higher and higher. I Think his likely range right now is 17-23 rather then mid-late 20s

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He's going up in the consensus aswell, more and more people have him higher and higher. I Think his likely range right now is 17-23 rather then mid-late 20s

I like Bokk a lot. I would like the Rangers to move that 26OA up. My thinking if we can get between 15 and 18--we'll have a shot at one of three forwards--Kravtsov, Hayton or Bokk. Any one of them IMO would be a great pick up--but I'm also kind of thinking 9OA in the direction of a D--which to me is a big hole that needs filling. The D that might be available there that I'd be hoping for is at least one of Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard or Boqvist--though in Boqvist's case some more intel on the nature of his latest injury would be welcome. Head injuries make me really leery.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Pronman is definitely helping to pump his tires. IMO, he seems to be a better version of Kasperi Kapanen when Kapanen was in his draft year. You’ve obviously seen him way more than me, so I trust your opinion on him

Winston2018

Winston The Maltipoo
Feb 5, 2018
NNJ
Quick search on Bokk very impressive. He seems to be poised for a breakout inherting Pettersons minutes and a coach who will ride him as a top performer. I can see why he is rising..

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If we somehow nab Bokk and Kaut late 1st, I'd be ecstatic.

The #9 pick is a cluster**** here, whatever happens happens.
There SHOULD be at least 1 very good player left, possibly 2-3. There is no way they can f*** that up...right?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Now I'm not all for moving up to say 2/3, but say moving to 5 with Arizona to make sure we snag Wahlstrom of Hughes, yeah sign me up.
Depending on the price, I am in complete agreement. However... Who in the top 10 is realistically going to trade back?

Buffalo - We could hand over our entire farm system and they say no.
Carolina - Maybe. Waddell is a dumbass. I still don't expect it to be cheap and they desperately need Svechenkov.
Montreal - Lulz. Bergevin is an idiot but I can see him messing up this pick by reaching badly for a kid, not trading it.
Ottawa - Sure. That team needs everything. They need as many picks as possible after botching the Matt Duchene trade so badly.
Arizona - I don't think so. That team needs MOAR firepower. They also need defense. They have their choice of who they want at 5, be it Wahlstrom, Dobson, Bouchard, etc. I don't think they give that up and risk not getting one of their guys (depending on how the draft goes).
Detroit - Another team that needs a lot. Maybe they trade back but I don't see Holland moving that pick.
Vancouver - I don't see it. If Wahlstrom is still there, he would be a great start to replacing the Sedin's
Blackhawks - Possibly. They need as much depth as possible and an extra 3rd or something would go a long way to rebuilding their depleted farm system.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There SHOULD be at least 1 very good player left, possibly 2-3. There is no way they can **** that up...right?
Oh, I don't know. Where there's a will.........

I have been a Rangers fan for a long time now. I have no idea of how many times they have screwed up the first round. Far too many as far as I am concerned. And yes, I am including trading away picks as well.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
2 months have passed since this original poll; I would like to do a new one, so before I create it, please submit any other players that should be added to the current options.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
2 months have passed since this original poll; I would like to do a new one, so before I create it, please submit any other players that should be added to the current options.

Please add these to the Draft + UDFA thread. Auf and I realized that these two threads were completely overlapping so we are going to close this one.

Reactions: free0717
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->