Who do you take at 9th Overall

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Stepan was several years younger and had term on his contract.

If Stepan had 12 months left on his contract;

and the 7th pick was the 4th pick;

and the 2017 draft was the 2018 draft;

Arizona is not making that trade.

We simply cannot keep comparing the Stepan trade to a potential Zucc trade. That is a recipe for disappointment.

The Stepan trade is not, nor will it be the barometer for a Zucc trade.
I would say the Nash trade is far more comparable.

And, honestly, I question if Zucc holds the same value around the league that Nash.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
What kind of picks do you think we'll end up with from Tampa after Stevie Y poaches Zucc? :sarcasm:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Stepan was several years younger and had term on his contract.

If Stepan had 12 months left on his contract;

and the 7th pick was the 4th pick;

and the 2017 draft was the 2018 draft;

Arizona is not making that trade.

We simply cannot keep comparing the Stepan trade to a potential Zucc trade. That is a recipe for disappointment.

I didn’t use the Stepan trade as a barometer for a Zuccarello deal. My point was that Arizona is a team, based upon moves they have recently made, looking to add veterans to become a playoff contender. Zuccarello by himself doesn’t get a top ten pick, and I have not suggested that in any of my proposals.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Funny how many of us were initially disappointed with Stepan trade (some still are) before taking a moment to be able to rationalize it.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I didn’t use the Stepan trade as a barometer for a Zuccarello deal. My point was that Arizona is a team, based upon moves they have recently made, looking to add veterans to become a playoff contender. Zuccarello by himself doesn’t get a top ten pick, and I have not suggested that in any of my proposals.

Arizona will not take a chance on acquiring Zuke (for a value that Gorton would seek) if his extension with them is not in place.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I would say the Nash trade is far more comparable.

And, honestly, I question if Zucc holds the same value around the league that Nash.
I agree, and I think it's crazy, Zucc is so much more valuable than Nash these days that he should double what we received from Nash.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Yzerman has a late 2nd this year. Effectively he has both his 1st and 2nd for next year tied up because of his deal with us--unless his team wins the Cup this year which will mean he'll probably have another late 2nd next year. Zuccarello as a rental IMO is worth more than both of those 2nd's combined. I think so anyway. We've cut way into their stockpile of prospects. Yzerman's not trading for Zuccarello.

Reactions: haveandare

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I can't really see Yzerman identifying Zucc as a need.

He had a chance to acquire him this deadline and passed.

Zucc's value is in his contract (esp with retention) for teams who are looking to make some noise in the post season and don't want to break the bank in UFA or by going bonkers by trading for a bigger name. LA/CBJ/DAL all seem like reasonable landing spots with Calgary as a dark horse but they'd have to get creative.

Fox and a small add for Zucc would be a coup.

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
He had a chance to acquire him this deadline and passed.

Zucc's value is in his contract (esp with retention) for teams who are looking to make some noise in the post season and don't want to break the bank in UFA or by going bonkers by trading for a bigger name. LA/CBJ/DAL all seem like reasonable landing spots with Calgary as a dark horse but they'd have to get creative.

Fox and a small add for Zucc would be a coup.
Yep, I get the whole thing about his value for the right team, I just never thought that the Lightning would be a candidate. I definitely could see a team like Dallas as being a team that feels some pressure to produce. That is the kind of the team that the Rangers will try to identify and take adantage of.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->