Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Wahlstrom has a chance at being there at 8th, same with Hughes
Although for the purpose of this thread, Dobson, Bouchard, then Farabee
I would be happy with Dobson or Bouchard though but Dobson is what we need more

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
bouchard has a different dimension to his game that is obvious when you watch him.

hes fast enough, quick enough and certainly smart enough to play defense. he's not a bruiser or a guy who is going to play defense first even but he can defend with talent and counter punch. also, he's very tough to beat one on one- almost never happens. he skates so well, pivots with ease and has excellent gap control ability. he's a cerebral defender.

offensively, what he can do it create from the blue line, score goals like a forward, man the pp point with purpose and skate pucks out of danger plus he's a terrific passer as well. he's exactly what this organization needs on the back end.

our defense has been a barren wasteland of offense. its time to change that.
Bouchard isn’t a great skater, he’s solid but nothing special. Dobson is much better at skating and defending although Bouchard is better offensively

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Assuming the draft order stays the same, I'm making a mock draft based on the fanbases preferences. Obviously it is unlikely that the draft order stays the same, but interesting nonetheless. Results so far:

1: Buffalo - Dahlin (99%)
2: Ottawa - Svechnikov (88%)
3: Arizona - Zadina (77%)
4: Montreal - Wahlstrom (48%)
5: Detroit - Boqvist (52%)
6: Vancouver - Hughes (58%)
7. Chicago - Tkachuk (62%)
8. NYR -

Really gonna start this poll at 3AM???

But I agree, Dobson for sure.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
There is zero chance Tkachuk doesn't go in the top 4.

Based on how probability works alone, there is almost zero chance you are correct.

I’ve seen some mocks where Walstrom drops. If he’s there at 8, not sure I’d pass on him.

Don't see it happening. It's possible but teams that finish this poorly love selling a goal scorer to their fanbase.

Reactions: Catbug

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Bouchard isn’t a great skater, he’s solid but nothing special. Dobson is much better at skating and defending although Bouchard is better offensively

disagree.

bouchard is a solid skater. he doesnt have real fast feet, he isnt a fast straight ahead skater based on his stop start times, but he's fluid and his edge work is solid. his hip turn, ability to change direction and his overall skating fluidity is very good.

his skating isnt a minus at all. in fact, his intuitive play and his very good skating- albeit somewhat upright style and lacking a real top end, won't be an issue at all. he's an offensive man who can push the play and finish while also able to defense with solid technique and on ice awareness.

this organization is lacking a guy just like evan bouchard. a pp point man who can join the rush and create from the blue line while defending with smarts and the ability to counter punch.

to me, his ability to play the pp and generate points there is a huge plus. add to that his ability to join the rush and finish makes him my primary target for a dman in that 6-10 range.

Reactions: trilobyte and Bozle

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
disagree.

bouchard is a solid skater. he doesnt have real fast feet, he isnt a fast straight ahead skater based on his stop start times, but he's fluid and his edge work is solid. his hip turn, ability to change direction and his overall skating fluidity is very good.

his skating isnt a minus at all. in fact, his intuitive play and his very good skating- albeit somewhat upright style and lacking a real top end, won't be an issue at all. he's an offensive man who can push the play and finish while also able to defense with solid technique and on ice awareness.

this organization is lacking a guy just like evan bouchard. a pp point man who can join the rush and create from the blue line while defending with smarts and the ability to counter punch.

to me, his ability to play the pp and generate points there is a huge plus. add to that his ability to join the rush and finish makes him my primary target for a dman in that 6-10 range.
He can always get better too regarding speed. He's still young and it isn't like he can't train to become a better skater. If he didn't have good edge work or good coordination/smoothness then I would be more scared to draft him. having dexterity in his role=very good

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
disagree.

Never said it was a minus but it's certainly not a positive. His skating won't hold him back though, it's nothing to be worried about just saying he isn't some great or even really good skater. He's solid. I've seen a lot of Bouchard games and his skating never struck me as a strength, just something that's average. He's money offensively, but defensively he has some work to do although he has the tools. Dobson on the other hand has literally every tool you need in a defenseman and he is good offensively as well although not as good as Bouchard. Dobson is also one of the best skaters in this draft and one of the best defensively. That is something we need, not another offensive dman but a TWD who can skate the puck. He has legit Pietro upside and I don't see any flaws in his game. His shot is very good and he can skate the puck up the ice very well but also knows when to. We don't need more PMD/OFD. They're very close though and I have Bouchard 1 spot lower than Dobson. I used to have Bouchard like 2-3 spots higher but after watching him more something just isn't there which makes me weary of drafting him over Dobson. Bouchard has all the tools and a very high hockey IQ but something seems off to me

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Never said it was a minus but it's certainly not a positive. His skating won't hold him back though, it's nothing to be worried about just saying he isn't some great or even really good skater. He's solid. I've seen a lot of Bouchard games and his skating never struck me as a strength, just something that's average. He's money offensively, but defensively he has some work to do although he has the tools. Dobson on the other hand has literally every tool you need in a defenseman and he is good offensively as well although not as good as Bouchard. Dobson is also one of the best skaters in this draft and one of the best defensively. That is something we need, not another offensive dman but a TWD who can skate the puck. He has legit Pietro upside and I don't see any flaws in his game. His shot is very good and he can skate the puck up the ice very well but also knows when to. We don't need more PMD/OFD. They're very close though and I have Bouchard 1 spot lower than Dobson. I used to have Bouchard like 2-3 spots higher but after watching him more something just isn't there which makes me weary of drafting him over Dobson. Bouchard has all the tools and a very high hockey IQ but something seems off to me

He's stiff.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Poll is closed unfortunately but id have selected Bouchard. From what I've read he's been absolutely dominating this season in the OHL and we'd be lucky to have him fall to us at 8

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Why was the poll closed so fast? Bouchard could have easily won this still. Another vote here for him.

3AM - 11:43AM lol. Should be redone.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Can’t honestly say I know enough about Bouchard and Dobson to say which, but I’d go with either first then Farabee. Would love to trade up with the late picks to get Farabee if he’s still there in the teens. Seems like a real puck hound which we could use.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Couldn't vote, but I would vote Kotkaniemi. Seems like the next Kopitar. I would also see either Bouchard or Dobson, too.

Reactions: Bozle

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Drafting for position is dumb, especially in a sport like hockey where the players could take a year or two to develop
Absolutely but what if need and BPA align very closely? Don't both Bouchard and Dobson have first pairing d potential?
Not saying its a slam dunk but rather a very tough call between Wahlstrom, Bouchard and Dobson. Obviously one of them won't be there at 8 possibly 2 of them. I guess that makes the decision easier?!

Reactions: trilobyte
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad