• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I think it’ll come down to either Wahlstrom or Boqvist for them, with Boqvist getting the nod.

With the Sedins announcing their retirement, it wouldn’t shock me to see them go with Wahlstrom, despite Boqvist being the (slightly) better prospect.

And that’s what makes this draft so insanely unpredictable. Picks 3 ~ 7/8 could go in extreme directions.

I’d love to see teams boards right now. Where the scouts are ranking the kids. Must be some really exciting times in those war rooms.

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
I could see the Canucks going Boqvist seeing as how they have Pettersson. Two more potential Swedish stars. Plus Boeser and Wahlstrom feels a little redundant.

Reactions: Lays

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Have a feeling that the Canucks are gonna go off the board if Tkachuck isnt there and take Dobson

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think I’m leaning towards wahlstrom if he’s there at 8 over a D.

Think we can trade into the middle of the first round and get a very good dman there.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
If one of Wahlstrom, Zadina, Svech is available to us, we pick the FWD in the top 10. If not, it's RHD.

I'm starting to wonder if we risk the Merkley pick with the latest 1st?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
So no chance Wahlstrom falls to 8?
I think he has a chance of being there
People are already think the top 3 is set with Dahlin/Svech/Zadina (although I don’t agree)

After that there’s Montreal at 4th who could grab him but my gut is telling me they either trade back to grab Veleno, or just pick Veleno there. Can’t see them coming out of the draft without Veleno. Wahlstrom doesn’t really fit them. If not Veleno, I think their second choice is Tkachuk

5th overall is Detroit. Not a chance they don’t pick a dman. My guess is Boqvist

6th overall there’s Vancouver. This one I have no clue about. It shouldn’t be Wahlstrom because it is redundant, so most likely Bouchard/Dobson/Tkachuk. Hard to predict but I think they choose Bouchard. I could also see them reaching for Ty Smith

7th is Chicago. They need dmen and there goes Dobson/Bouchard (which ever Nucks don’t pick)

We could be left with either Wahlstrom or Tkachuk (if not selected by Montreal) and I could fully see us going with Tkachuk and then I’d probably cry. There’s a decent chance that we’re left with Wahlstrom though. I’d be really happy if we picked him up, his shot is Boeser level.
Was on Tankathon (like every morning) and I was running the sim, hit 2nd overall on my 1st try so there’s good news.
Noticed they had a mock draft and had Wahlstrom going to us

Edit-completely forgot about my 3rd ranked player, Quinn Hughes. Guess that gives us a better chance at Wahlstrom/a dman falling to us

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I think he has a chance of being there
People are already think the top 3 is set with Dahlin/Svech/Zadina (although I don’t agree)

After that there’s Montreal at 4th who could grab him but my gut is telling me they either trade back to grab Veleno, or just pick Veleno there. Can’t see them coming out of the draft without Veleno. Wahlstrom doesn’t really fit them. If not Veleno, I think their second choice is Tkachuk

5th overall is Detroit. Not a chance they don’t pick a dman. My guess is Boqvist

6th overall there’s Vancouver. This one I have no clue about. It shouldn’t be Wahlstrom because it is redundant, so most likely Bouchard/Dobson/Tkachuk. Hard to predict but I think they choose Bouchard. I could also see them reaching for Ty Smith

7th is Chicago. They need dmen and there goes Dobson/Bouchard (which ever Nucks don’t pick)

We could be left with either Wahlstrom or Tkachuk (if not selected by Montreal) and I could fully see us going with Tkachuk and then I’d probably cry. There’s a decent chance that we’re left with Wahlstrom though. I’d be really happy if we picked him up, his shot is Boeser level.
Was on Tankathon (like every morning) and I was running the sim, hit 2nd overall on my 1st try so there’s good news.
Noticed they had a mock draft and had Wahlstrom going to us

Edit-completely forgot about my 3rd ranked player, Quinn Hughes. Guess that gives us a better chance at Wahlstrom/a dman falling to us

I agree I think they reach on veleno. He’s the best pure center in the draft. I think they have no choice. Drafting for need is a terrible idea at the nhl level picking 18 year olds but they can’t come out of this summer without a top center prospect.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I agree I think they reach on veleno. He’s the best pure center in the draft. I think they have no choice. Drafting for need is a terrible idea at the nhl level picking 18 year olds but they can’t come out of this summer without a top center prospect.
Yup, AND he’s from Montreal. Plays a game that Julien would love and seems to check off all the boxes for the exact player Habs are looking for. He’s underrated though because people stat watch

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Can't believe the hate tkachuk gets here. If he's there at 8 and we took him I'd be over the moon. Very skilled player with snarl and net drive...literally everything we need.

He would be good value at 8, the question is whether NYR need a top pairing defenseman more.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Can't believe the hate tkachuk gets here. If he's there at 8 and we took him I'd be over the moon. Very skilled player with snarl and net drive...literally everything we need.

It seems our fanbase picks a certain player in each draft and proceeds to get the hate on.

Inferno, could you please sum up for me what it is that people hate this kid for?

NYRFANMANI

Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Tkachuk, his intangibles aren't exactly what we need. He's a play-making pest-ish guy. I guess, that's the reason, plus we may be sick and tired of the toughness narrative.

He doesn't fill a need, that simple.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If we end up signing the BU coach, as rumored he is one of the front runners, I could see the Ranger's moving up to draft Tkachuk. He is definitely getting some very unwarranted hate in here. I think people are just thinking McI in the back of their heads for some reason because he's a tough kid.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If we end up signing the BU coach, as rumored he is one of the front runners, I could see the Ranger's moving up to draft Tkachuk. He is definitely getting some very unwarranted hate in here. I think people are just thinking McI in the back of their heads for some reason.
Vomit

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Tkachuk, his intangibles aren't exactly what we need. He's a play-making pest-ish guy. I guess, that's the reason, plus we may be sick and tired of the toughness narrative.

He doesn't fill a need, that simple.
Tkachuk is fine at 8. He is actually a very good pick at 8. But he isn't worth a Top 3 pick, and he certainly isn't worth trading up for.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
If we end up signing the BU coach, as rumored he is one of the front runners, I could see the Ranger's moving up to draft Tkachuk. He is definitely getting some very unwarranted hate in here. I think people are just thinking McI in the back of their heads for some reason because he's a tough kid.

It's going to be next to impossible (and always is) to simply "trade up".

It's not like it's super easy. It's why it never happens.

To do it for Tkachuk as well, that's another story. He's a pretty safe bet to play in the NHL, but there's the potential for some of these Dmen to be top pairing guys.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It's going to be next to impossible (and always is) to simply "trade up".

It's not like it's super easy. It's why it never happens.

To do it for Tkachuk as well, that's another story. He's a pretty safe bet to play in the NHL, but there's the potential for some of these Dmen to be top pairing guys.
I mean trade up maybe 2 at max. Not jump into the top 3 and draft him.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Not worth trading up from 8th unless somehow Svechnikov is still available after top 3 (highly unlikely). There will be some very good options at the current spot and I’m not keen on losing a 2nd rounder or an equivalent.

Would have absolutely no complaints if it’s Tkachuk at 8th.

NYRFANMANI

Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Tkachuk is fine at 8. He is actually a very good pick at 8. But he isn't worth a Top 3 pick, and he certainly isn't worth trading up for.

I agree with what you say. He's fine or very good at 8 if everybody else we focus on is gone. Dahlin, Hughes, Svech, Zadina, Wahlstrom, Bouchard, Dobson, Tkachuck are the top 8 so far. If the D and other wingers are gone, yes, I couldn't argue with it then, I suppose.

We can only hope to rise in the lottery.

edit: BUT WAIT! If we pick 8th, wouldn't we rather have Farabee than Tkachuck?!

Reactions: Ori

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I agree with what you say. He's fine or very good at 8 if everybody else we focus on is gone. Dahlin, Hughes, Svech, Zadina, Wahlstrom, Bouchard, Dobson, Tkachuck are the top 8 so far. If the D and other wingers are gone, yes, I couldn't argue with it then, I suppose.

We can only hope to rise in the lottery.

edit: BUT WAIT! If we pick 8th, wouldn't we rather have Farabee than Tkachuck?!
I dont think anywhere has Farabee rated higher than Tkachuk

NYRFANMANI

Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I dont think anywhere has Farabee rated higher than Tkachuk

So what? In retrospect the ratings get like 50% of the talent-evaluation right. You say we shouldn't reach 3 spots maybe, to get an athletic talent like Farabee just because the ratings have'em ranked differently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->