Who do you take at 7th (now 8th) overall?

Who do you take at 7th overall?

• Total voters

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Assuming the draft order stays the same, I'm making a mock draft based on the fanbases preferences. Obviously it is unlikely that the draft order stays the same, but interesting nonetheless. Results so far:

1: Buffalo - Dahlin (99%)
2: Ottawa - Svechnikov (88%)
3: Arizona - Zadina (77%)
4: Montreal - Wahlstrom (48%)
5: Detroit - Boqvist (52%)
6: Vancouver - Hughes (58%)
7. Chicago -

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
Tkachuk ! If Tkachuk is available at 7 (which he wont) ... run to the podium

Most likely they select Bouchard

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Running that sim at Tankathon, the Hawks drop one or two spots more than they rise or stay at seven. Just the way the odds work out, unfortunately.

Agree with Enyaw...if Tkachuk is there at seven, no way Hawks pass on him.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Dobson and Bouchard have been neck and neck for me almost all year

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I know nothing about the players not named Tkachuk and Bouchard here. So out of those 2, think I would rather have Tkachuk.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Dobson and Bouchard have been neck and neck for me almost all year

Bouchard is just insane in the offensive zone. Love his shot, vision.. hate his skating (would be top 3, no question if he was a better skater). Dobson might be Trouba 2.0. All around stud d-man (though IMO, not as high of an upside as Bouchard). Both RH shots which we badly need here. Its tough...

I think Stan chooses the American born Tkachuk however and I'd be perfectly happy with it. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: HailMcJesus

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Bouchard is just insane in the offensive zone. Love his shot, vision.. hate his skating (would be top 3, no question if he was a better skater). Dobson might be Trouba 2.0. All around stud d-man and a RH shot which we badly need here (though IMO, not as high of an upside as Bouchard). Its tough...

I think Stan chooses the American born Tkachuk however and I'd be perfectly happy with it. :D

Not being a strong skater really concerns me.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We all know that the order will change via lotto ...If Hawks win top 4 via lotto then obviously we take Dahlin, Zadina,or Svechnikov ...Dahlin if we get #1 ...Stan's preference of Z or S at #2 and the leftover between Z and S if we land at #3 ...BUT of course we will not be so lucky in the lotto
..Rather the probability is that some team from 8-15 gets lucky and gets a top 4..that pushes us back to #8...

Now the question us which 2 of Tkachuk ,Hughes or Wahlsrton is still there at #8 ? Because I doubt Bouchard lasts till #8 ..if he does Grab him...but I rank him at #5 and he will go before #8 ,I am certain.

IF den are coveted ahead of forwards after Zadina and Svechnikov gone at 2 and 3 in what ever order you prefer,then 4 5 6 could all be dmen. ..Bouchard Boqvist Hughes ...that means we could get either Tkachuk or Wahlstron at #8 ...whichever remains
..If Tkachuk or Wahlstrom go instead 4-6 it means Bouchard or Boqvist is there at #7 and that leaves Hughes or Dobson for us at #8 if we want a dman...If would in that case consider trading down if a team preferred Hughes or Dobson over a remaining forward ...but only move down 1 or 2 spots ...the price would be a 2nd rounder and we could throw back a 5th ...at #9 or #10 I would draft Centre Jesperi Kotkaniemi ...If we could not pull a trade down from #8 to #9 or #10 to extract a price of a 2nd rounder and we thrown in a 5th) then I still would take Kotkaniemi at #8 over Hughes or Dobson...If we draft Hughes he us another smallish PMD ...we have too many of these coming already (though he is a LD) ...We cannot be a team of too many smallish PMD types..Ok you say take Dobson. ..he has the size ...though another RD ..but in my opinion he is pk but not in the difference-maker category that is the potential of a Bouchard or Boqvist which is why they a rank much higher in a big gap ...My point is this...Craig Button says Kotkaniemi reminds him of a young Kopitar..if that pans out..how can we afford to by pass that ? Centres who can impact are rare and Kotkaniemi is one of the younger guys in this draft
.If we really went out of the box at #8 ...maybe we swing for the fences...That would be Russian Vitaly Kravtsov a RW who absolutely had his coming out party to star and impact in the KHL playoffs ..The talent is there .Consistency the issue. .If he has solved that he could be the riser of this draft and somebody gonna get the steal of the draft . AGAIN..if we want to swing for the fences.. He would probably allow us to trade down even more so maybe trade 4-5 spots down instead of just 1 or 2 from #8..
The point this
..if we held at #7 we get a pretty consensus top 7 guy
.but if we get bumped to #8 the top 7 are gone and we have to start thinking a bit out of the box.

Reactions: clydesdale line

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Bouchard is just insane in the offensive zone. Love his shot, vision.. hate his skating (would be top 3, no question if he was a better skater). Dobson might be Trouba 2.0. All around stud d-man and a RH shot which we badly need here (though IMO, not as high of an upside as Bouchard). Its tough...

I think they badly need a LH shot now. They have Jokijaru and Mitchell as RH, and both have top 4 potential.

On the left side, they have Forsling, who is boom or bust depending on which poster you ask. Then there's Snuggerud, who hasn't sniffed the NHL yet, despite being the same age as Forsling. Then there's Krys, who may make the NHL.

Obviously you go best player available, even if he's a right-handed shot, but I don't think a RH shot Dman prospect is badly needed. Jokijaru and Mitchell are already a full year ahead in development than any rookie you take.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I've never seen Kotkaniemi play (nor will I say I know more about these prospects other than seeing some of them play maybe a couple of times) but I've seen a few posters on other boards say he might be the biggest sleeper pick. How good is he? I see 50 quoting Button saying young Kopitar which is music to my ears..

Last edited:
Reactions: HailMcJesus

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
looks like there is some Wahlstrom drama now as reports are he possibly cant get into Harvard - and Michigan, BC, and Europe his likely top landing spots...wow, kid better get shit figured out soon.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Maybe. But IMO it wouldn't be worth it. I think we need this pick to pan out more than we need to dump that contract.

Lol are you kidding me? That contract is killing the team and if you can get rid of it with a single first round pick not including 1st overall then you do it..

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
If Bouchard is there, you take him. Period.

I'm not sure what there is...NOT to like.

Seems to be of the Weber/Suter mold... I like it.

He fills so many needs on this team.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad