Boston Bruins Who do you send down?

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Spooner possibly going on IR would clear one spot and Belesky needs to go, maybe just maybe it'll spark him..maybe. If not Belesky i'd do Postma don't like his game and wouldn't be a great loss if claimed.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Julien's 4th lines stunk from October 2014 onward.

Schaller has 2 points in his last 17 games.

And they haven't stopped doing anything. The current 4th line plays just as much as Julien's did.

Schaller, Nash, Kuraly are on pace to end up with 20 points. They are fine. They don't play that much outside the PK.

The only problem is none of them nor Acciari fight. Its a shame one of them isn't a legit Light Heavy.

How many games does Backes need catch and pass Schaller/Nash/Kuraly in terms of points? 30? 40?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Schaller, Nash, Kuraly are on pace to end up with 20 points. They are fine. They don't play that much outside the PK.

The only problem is none of them nor Acciari fight. Its a shame one of them isn't a legit Light Heavy.

How many games does Backes need catch and pass Schaller/Nash/Kuraly in terms of points? 30? 40?

Kuraly last 21 games, 4 points, - 4, averaged 12 mins per game

Schaller last 21 games, 4 points, -7, averaged 14 mins per game

Acciari last 12 games, 2 points, - 6, averaged 13 mins per game

Great, all 3 guys are on pace for roughly a collective 50 points, and a collective minus 90, averaging about 13 mins a game each.

That's ^%$&^ pathetic. How to people here defend these 3 brutal hockey players?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Well the thread is "who would you send down" and the prevailing opinion seems to be Schaller should be the one to go. It's not hate, it's answering the friggin' question.

It's not just what I see in this friggin' thread.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Great, all 3 guys are on pace for roughly a collective 50 points, and a collective minus 90, averaging about 13 mins a game each.

Again, these guys have had to play increased roles due to the injuries on the team. Look at how the TOI is spread among the forwards. Those three you mentioned are among the lowest on the team for the regulars. These are 4th line JAGS and just because they see increased ice time, does not mean it's going to turn them into something they aren't, so I don't understand the whining about them.

What are some of the 4th lines around the league that you admire?

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Again, these guys have had to play increased roles due to the injuries on the team. Look at how the TOI is spread among the forwards. Those three you mentioned are among the lowest on the team for the regulars. These are 4th line JAGS and just because they see increased ice time, does not mean it's going to turn them into something they aren't, so I don't understand the whining about them.

I don't want them to be something they aren't, but I want them to bring something to the table that helps this team win, and I don't see what that is.

Offense - Nope

Defense - Nope

Energy (whatever that is) - Nope

Physicality - Nope

Fighting - Nope

Wearing down the other team with forechecking pressure - Nope

Getting hemmed in it's own zone by the opposing team - Yup

Penalty Killing - Yup

Reactions: frickinbobby

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Well he's only 2 back of Kuraly and Schaller, so I'd say give him a week.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I don't want them to be something they aren't, but I want them to bring something to the table that helps this team win, and I don't see what that is.

Offense - Nope

Defense - Nope

Energy (whatever that is) - Nope

Physicality - Nope

Fighting - Nope

Wearing down the other team with forechecking pressure - Nope

Getting hemmed in it's own zone by the opposing team - Yup

Penalty Killing - Yup
I don't think any of the guys your talking about are completely useless for 82 games, but we definitely have too many of that type of player. I would like to see Vatrano and Acciari on the wings, Acciari is the lowest scoring of any of the guys but provides actual energy sometimes and does a good job controlling the puck. Kuraly or Nash could center the 4th line and I wouldn't have a problem with that. At least 2 of Kuraly, Nash, Acciari, and Schaller should be in the pressbox or providence any given night.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think any of the guys your talking about are completely useless for 82 games, but we definitely have too many of that type of player. I would like to see Vatrano and Acciari on the wings, Acciari is the lowest scoring of any of the guys but provides actual energy sometimes and does a good job controlling the puck. Kuraly or Nash could center the 4th line and I wouldn't have a problem with that. At least 2 of Kuraly, Nash, Acciari, and Schaller should be in the pressbox or providence any given night.

That's the model I want, basically room for 2 out of the 12 forwards dressed are of this ilk of player.

I love the way the Leafs use their group up front. Basically their 4th line is Martin-Moore-XXXX, and they make the young wingers compete against each other to see who gets to play on the 3 scoring lines, and who is on the 4th line. All 3 of Marner, Nylander, and Brown have seen time this season on that 4th line.

With the bevy of young wingers this team has, I'd like to see Cassidy adopt a similar model, rather than rolling a traditional 4th line and scratching young wingers who are better players. I don't buy the notion for one second that a Cehlarik, Debrusk, or a Heinen is wasted on the 4th line when the 4th line is getting 10-12 mins. a game.

Reactions: Tampbear

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
honestly wouldn't mind seeing Vatrano and Beleskey centred by Nash given a stretch on the 4th line with one or two of Schaller, Kuraly and Acciari going to Providence.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Not to defend the 4th line (because you are correct, they have not been good) but Kuraly, Schaller & Acciari are the top 3 forwards in hits. And Acciari has only played 13 games. Nash is 4th.

Schaller & Nash are also top 2 forwards in blocked shots.

I just threw in Nash because I love the guy and you, well, don't.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not to defend the 4th line (because you are correct, they have not been good) but Kuraly, Schaller & Acciari are the top 3 forwards in hits. And Acciari has only played 13 games. Nash is 4th.

Schaller & Nash are also top 2 forwards in blocked shots.

I just threw in Nash because I love the guy and you, well, don't.

I've decided to leave Nash alone as he's been productive lately, so I haven't included him in the conversation.

Kuraly, Schaller, and Acciari average about 5 hits between them a night. And while they are near the top of the list of forwards on the Boston Bruins, they are WAAAY down in the hit totals league wide (Schaller and Kuraly are in the 140 range). Acciari's overall total is down because he was hurt. And his average hits per game is very skewed by one 10 hit game and two 5 hit games. So IMO their physicality is overrated, as is their positive impact on this team (it's minimal if there is one)

Backes had he played every game would be on top for the team among forwards, and probably in the Top 20 in league overall.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
So by my count it's

Beleskey 2,472,043
Bjork 3

(does anyone actually see what I did there)

fry.jpg

Reactions: northeastern

Chiz1982

Feb 10, 2011
North Sydney, NS
Why are ppl suggesting trade Spooner to free a spot, do you want this team to crash and crumble... like come on. Sure I know his history but the games he played so far he has been solid even though its hard to get traction when in and out of the lineup due to injuries.

And No, do not waive anyone who might get picked up by another team, you don't know know what kind of injuries we will have down the stretch and playoffs, we could really use a guy like Schaller, Kuraly or Accuari... keep our depth, dont just dump them cuz we have a healthy team now and arn't needed.

Do not send down Bjork, such a dumb idea, he is relable enough to play in the NHL, move him down a line or sit him if it gets bad, but this guy needs the experience at the NHL level, stick it out for god sakes, and come playoff time or next season, it will pay off and he will be even better, he is only going to get better.

Beleskey is probably my choice, however I wont like to do that to a guy who is trying , trust me he is giving it his all, and sending him down isnt going to be a kick in the butt he needs cuz hes already trying his best, if anything it will be a kick in the gut and will drop his motivation a little. Give the guy some slack, hes trying and wants us to win, hes just not that great and can not get anything going offensively. Wish it was that easy to just flip him to another team but that wont happen with his Cap hit unless keep part of his cap, which I would consider. We do and will need a trade before trade deadline and if we can incorporate him in to make the cap and roster space to bring in someone that helps the team, then it will work great for us. I believe Sweeney will do this, he has scouts at most other games so you know hes working hard to find a trade that makes us better, hopefully for a top 6 guy.

It'll most likely be a non waiver guy and maybe Beleskey. Hopefully we stay healthy... team is looking good, just missing a top 6 forward to really push this team to a cup contender or atleast a better playoff run then last year.

frickinbobby

Sep 21, 2017
I've decided to leave Nash alone as he's been productive lately, so I haven't included him in the conversation.

Kuraly, Schaller, and Acciari average about 5 hits between them a night. And while they are near the top of the list of forwards on the Boston Bruins, they are WAAAY down in the hit totals league wide (Schaller and Kuraly are in the 140 range). Acciari's overall total is down because he was hurt. And his average hits per game is very skewed by one 10 hit game and two 5 hit games. So IMO their physicality is overrated, as is their positive impact on this team (it's minimal if there is one)

Backes had he played every game would be on top for the team among forwards, and probably in the Top 20 in league overall.

I actually don't think Acciari's physicality can be overrated. I do hope Butch puts together a line with Noel and Frankie on the wings, certainly at least before they give up on Frank. personalities do matter. those two personalities feed off each other, and they each still bring a reasonable skill level. i do wish more people could see the personality matrix like i do but what can i say? it's a gift.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I actually don't think Acciari's physicality can be overrated. I do hope Butch puts together a line with Noel and Frankie on the wings, certainly at least before they give up on Frank. personalities do matter. those two personalities feed off each other, and they each still bring a reasonable skill level. i do wish more people could see the personality matrix like i do but what can i say? it's a gift.

Hey, its your gift.

Just keep us informed about other possible PM matches.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

If they are JAGS, why do they get to keep their spots when better players return? Why not look to upgrade on JAGS? Improve a 4th line that is clearly missing something? Why would you worry about losing Tim Schaller on waivers if he's just another replaceable player?

I've never been a big Acciari guy. He's a black hole, especially when he's not hitting everything in sight. Kuraly is the one component of the 4th line I think I would keep. He's fast, good on the forecheck, and gets to the net. One of those guys who I think would produce more playing with better players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad