Speculation: Who do you see being waived from your team?

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Hopefully the Canucks waive granlund/Gaunce/motte/Goldobin

Leaving them with

Baertschi horvat boeser
Dahlen Pettersson virtanen
Eriksson sutter leipsic
Gagner beagle Roussel
Schaller

Edler stetcher
Hutton tanev
Pouliot gudbranson
Mdz biega

But the Canucks probably end up keeping Goldobin/granlund up, waive biega and send down dahlen
Man our defence looks horrible.Even be worse when Tanev is injured again.
We all know thats gonna happen.

Reactions: 7th round pick

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
At some point this season we're probably going to have to waive two goalies. It might hurt our depth, that's life, I'm sure we can find an AHL vet to put on the Marlies. McElhinney is the best bet to make it through waivers and if not he's the easiest loss to swallow. He was fantastic last season but let's be real, he's 34 and played well above his career averages. We shouldn't be banking on those results going forward.
A wise man.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Beaulieu is likely at the top of the list - Borgen & Guhle are coming along nicely.

Agree with Larsson and Girgensons. This is likely Girgs last chance to resurrect the Nolan era version of himself.
Beaulieu back with the Canadiens, unless Arizona/Ottawa grabs him first ?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Depends on how the season goes but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kadri waived and bought out by 2021. He’s already on the decline and it’s only going to get worse by the year end

The TML ( Two Million Losers) fans don't even have a sense of humor . I get ya. Funny . These fools won't even say that to you.
Keep on keeping on. Another poster wrote it must be a misprint and bolded Kadri . Yeah should have read Nylander. 50 years of frostbite and no championships . For those that read this and don't understand anything except nothing, Kadri and Nylander are both superb players and won't be waived

LGI

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
At some point this season we're probably going to have to waive two goalies. It might hurt our depth, that's life, I'm sure we can find an AHL vet to put on the Marlies. McElhinney is the best bet to make it through waivers and if not he's the easiest loss to swallow. He was fantastic last season but let's be real, he's 34 and played well above his career averages. We shouldn't be banking on those results going forward.

No it wouldn't hurt our depth it would destroy our depth there is a huge difference.

I was never on the mcbackup bandwagon myself but I am of the opinion that you need to earn your spot and that needs to be done in camp, after the year Mac had Sparks or Pickard need to take his job in camp.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hopefully the Canucks waive granlund/Gaunce/motte/Goldobin

Leaving them with

Baertschi horvat boeser
Dahlen Pettersson virtanen
Eriksson sutter leipsic
Gagner beagle Roussel
Schaller

Edler stetcher
Hutton tanev
Pouliot gudbranson
Mdz biega

But the Canucks probably end up keeping Goldobin/granlund up, waive biega and send down dahlen
Motte does not need to clear waivers.
Why go after the low hanging fruit?

It’s the likes of eriksson and gagner that would put management to the test for them to make room for the kids. Gaunce is a checker so you’re not putting dahlen or gaudette in that spot. They need to be in scoring roles. That’s gagner and eriksson. Granny can go up and down but if they moved on from him no big deal.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
For the Habs, waiver eligible and battling for 14th forward (depending on Byron's shoulder):

Froese, McCarron, Peca. (likely Peca stays)

... battling for 7th D:

Schlemko, Valiev, Lernout, Ouellet

It wouldn't be a complete shock if Mete not having a great camp, starts in the AHL so the Habs can get a longer look at Lernout/Valiev.
Is Reilly making the team for sure?

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
It's not ideal but in this situation it would appear that in this case you have to keep 3 goalies

It could happen, but it is doubtful. If the Leafs put two goalies on waivers at the same time the chances of them both being picked up would be extremely slim.

I don't who will be kept, but keeping a 35 year old who just came off a career year that he is astronomically unlikely to repeat, over a 25 year old AHL goalie of the year seems beyond stupid to me. The chances of the Leafs organization having too many goalies is much more likely than the chances that they will have a shortage. They could easily see both McBackup and Pickard pass through waivers (I don't see Sparks getting through waivers) and then need to trade one as they also have Kaskisuo on the Marlies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Toronto;

1-2 of McBackUp, Pickard and Sparks
Leivo (if they want to give him a chance)
Ennis (if he fails to impress)

I am sure there are other less notable players but these are the ones that might entice another team to claim them.

What does your potential waiver wire look like?

I wish there was a way to like a post more than once.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Calgary.png

Curtis Lazar or Garnet Hathaway or both

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Only thing I can see for the Caps is if Shumakov completely tanks and sucks it up horribly. I don't see that happening cause I think he'll be given a chance to play with other high skill players but there's always the chance with a KHLer who doesn't want to go to the AHL...Although his agent claims he's willing to do so if need be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad