Speculation: Who do you see being waived from your team?

Rypien37

Aug 20, 2013
For Canucks I could see Gaunce or Granlund.. Possibly Biega and hopefully Nilsson because that means Demko is back up, which he deserves.

Brando

May 21, 2017
How do habs fans feel about a McCarron for bailey swap? Bailey brings speed and scoring potential, McCarron brings size and not much else. Sabres don't "need bailey" though giving up early is a meh choice...but they do need size and sandpaper...

Sure, I would do that considering McCarron's ceiling at this point is a 4th line winger.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I liked Wotherspoon in junior and thought he was a good pick by the Flames.
Do you see any hope for him becoming a regular NHL'er at this point?

I liked him too back then, but have not watched much of him since. So I cannot comment on him too much. However, I can comment on the blues. They have 8 NHL defensemen right now, all are waiver-eligible and all would probably be claimed if waived (and healthy). At best, Wotherspoon is 9th on the list. We brought Chris Butler up last year, and he is clearly no longer an NHL player. He made a few mind-boggling bad plays that cost us crucial games down the playoff stretch. Wotherspoon will fill that role as the veteran we can call-up in a pinch.

We do have some good young LD too that could push for call-ups. Mikkola is a beast of a European player who has Parayko's size and speed (but not shot). If he adjusts to NA, he could push for time. Walman was a hyped prospect in college but had a rough first pro-season. He rebounded well at the end though and could push for time too. They could easily pass Wotherspoon on the depth chart as well.

The Blues may trade a NHL D to get to 7 and not risk one to waivers. Gunnarsson is the most likely to be traded if they can once he shows he is healthy coming off of a surgery. If that happens, the youngsters falter and a couple other injuries occur, then Wotherspoon would get regular NHL looks. Most likely though,I would bet on mostly press-box/AHL time.

Reactions: bukwas

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Toronto;

1-2 of McBackUp, Pickard and Sparks
Leivo (if they want to give him a chance)
Ennis (if he fails to impress)

I am sure there are other less notable players but these are the ones that might entice another team to claim them.

What does your potential waiver wire look like?

This pretty much covers it, but do you see more than 1 being waived?

hilarnat

Jun 17, 2017
The Habs actually have enough plugs to make a whole 5th line (with the concording talent level). Some bodies will have to go for sure.

Not to mention the D pairing to go with it. Sorry if that's what you meant by 'whole'.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
This pretty much covers it, but do you see more than 1 being waived?

If you are talking about Goalies alone, I don't know at this point.

My personal opinion, is that Sparks is part of the opening day roster, along with Andersen and McBackup. Sparks will be given a few games as a trial, to see if he can backup. If he can, McBackup gets traded, or waived. If he can't, Sparks gets waived, and unlikely claimed, based on poor NHL play, and goes back to the AHL. Pickard likely gets waived.

I doubt Leivo is waived... I don't know if he finally gets a chance, but more likely a trade... they've been unwilling to expose him so far. Ennis... we shall see, probably rides the pine first.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
For #Sens, Mark Borowiecki would be the ideal candidate, but they don't have the stones to do this.
Probably Marion Gaborik if ever he returns from disc recovery.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
For #Sens, Mark Borowiecki would be the ideal candidate, but they don't have the stones to do this.
Probably Marion Gaborik if ever he returns from disc recovery.
Boro was solid last year, he is definitely an NHLer and honestly was a very good bottom pairing one. No way he gets sent down, nor should he.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad