Who do you protect at the Expansion Draft - Poll

Who do you protect at the Expansion Draft?

• Dermott

• Holl

Results are only viewable after voting.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Holl will be protected... and I don't think it's a really tough decision.

We are a team that's interested in winning now. The guy is a perfect fit in our top 4, logs big minutes. In his prime. Our only right shot in the top 4, and under contract for $2m for 2 more years.

Dermott has been an NHL regular for 3 full seasons now, and has failed to cement himself as a top-4 guy.

He undoubtedly has the potential, and he will probably go on to do so wherever he ends up next year. In a year or two, Leafs fans will probably say to themselves, "I can't believe we let Dermott go for X"... but the timing just isn't right for us to keep him. Sandin's gotta play; and I think the Leafs really like having a Zach Bogosian-type as a regular in their lineup.

I can see the arguments for Seattle to take Kerfoot, I can also see the argument for them to take Dermott... ultimately even if they take Kerfoot, wouldn't suprise me to see Dermott be traded, maybe to a team that just lost their 4th best defenceman to Seattle.

Reactions: Menzinger
Mar 14, 2011
No way Seattle pass on a top 4 RHD making 2 mill for Kerfoot. Dman surplas or not, the difference between the 2 is pretty significant, a top 4 RHD is still one of the most common needs among the teams in the NHL, much more so than a #3 C, especially one making 3.5 mill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad