Who do you miss more, Nick or Zetts?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
From purely a hockey standpoint, Lidstrom AINEC.

A defenseman like him is so ridiculously valuable to have.
Agreed.

The logical choice, it's Lidstrom. But Z was the heart of the team. That dude just never took a shift off. It's good for young players to be around that.

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I definitely miss Z more. From a purely objective standpoint Lidstrom would better help us win games, but I miss Z's heart and soul more.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
I miss z more than Lidstrom just because I watched him for much longer

I kind of understand this sentiment. I became a regular hockey fan since 1995 and Lidstrom had already had a few seasons under his belt. With Zetterberg I got to see all the excitement about him when he was just a prospect. I've been around hfboards since 2002 when Z was not in the NHL, there was so much hype about him when some people were comparing his style to Forsberg. He did not become that but surely he did not disappoint, and it has been a pleasure watching him become the superstar player we were hoping he'd become. What I felt with Zetterberg's career is what I'm feeling with Larkin so far, he may be our next Zetterberg.

Reactions: TheMule93

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Lidstrom - franchises are built off players like him. I loved watching Pavel and Z and it would be a tough choice but I think I would have to go with Pavel out of pure entertainment value.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Lidstrom was definitely the better player, but I don't miss either one. I look forward, not backward. This team is about Larkin and Company, and the development of Rasmussen and Zadina and the kids on defense, and trying to load up for hopefully another great draft.

While it stinks for Hank that he had to hang them up due to a bad back, I don't shed a single tear about not having the great veterans of the past. This franchise is finally getting some kids worth watching, and I'm cool with keeping my focus there.

Reactions: Lil Bert

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Lidstrom without a second thought. Z might be number 5 on my favorite wings I've watched list. Might.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Lidstrom easily. 7 time Norris winner, 4 Stanley cups, and he is also the only defenseman that didn't play in the 1980s to reach 1000 pts.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Zetterberg played a style of game that hockey minds rave about and fans -at least casual ones- don't know how to appreciate.

My answer is Lindstrom, errr I mean Lidstrom, though. Odds aren't in our favor to ever see a defenseman like him play for the Red Wings in our lifetimes. In terms of just how good he was it'd be like trying to find another Barry Sanders. Good luck.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Lidstrom was my favorite player to watch an entire shift. It was insane how he was almost never out of position. Always made the right read. Incredible hands. Just the whole package. It's difficult to imagine someone playing the position better from a technical standpoint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad