Who Do You Consider To Be The Jets Biggest Rival?

Who Do You Consider To Be The Jets Biggest Rival?

• Total voters

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Thought it'd be Minnesota, but at the moment it's Nashville. It's the current version of the Colorado/Detroit rivalry. Canucks were, but soon Seattle will be their biggest rival. I deem San Jose and Vegas rivals since Anaheim and LA are.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
At one time we did have a rivalry with Edmonton dating back to the time both teams entered the NHL from the WHA. However, I would say that outside of that final WHA season, there really wasn't a rivalry with the Oilers as the Jets were such a dominant team. Our main rival in the WHA was the Houston Aeros. The NHL rivalry that developed during the years of the Gretzky led Oilers and the Hawerchuk led Jets was a good one fueled by being in the same division.

Even though Winnipeg and Minnesota are geographically close, I don't really sense any hatred towards them so I don't know if there'll ever be a real rivalry with them

:jets
Yes, the Oilers in the WHA were kind of a big nothing. Of all the teams, they’d have to be the one I remember least. The Wild, oddly, are sort of the same ... a middle of the road, starless team that doesn’t leave much of an impression. I’d say Nashville is looking like a potential rival.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Nashville and Vegas.

Vegas especially irritates me because of how lucky they were in that playoff series and stealing/blocking us from getting players

Reactions: SUX2BU

Blackmon

Mullet
Jun 23, 2018
Cambridge Bay, NU
Definitely Nashville. Minnesota is in the group too, and I feel like Edmonton & Calgary will become natural rivals if they’re ever good again.

Leafs fans are so desperate to have a rivalry with us, and I think it’s adorable.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nobody like the old days yet. It will take one more season for me to feel it burn enough for me to call them rivals.

Nashville is a great team so they are probably my odds on favorite at this point but with the cap and the parity this can all change pretty quickly.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Vegas! The city of Quebec was building up tension with sponsors for the return of les Nordiques, they built an arena - the Videotron with the LNH in mind, everyone was behind it then BAM a hockey appears in the desert again. Vegas in my mind stole the Nordiques from its rightful location.
I'm actually offended by their very existence!

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Thought it'd be Minnesota, but at the moment it's Nashville. It's the current version of the Colorado/Detroit rivalry. Canucks were, but soon Seattle will be their biggest rival. I deem San Jose and Vegas rivals since Anaheim and LA are.

No, it's not

Any rivalry today is not even close to the Colorado/Detroit rivalry of the 90's

GMpuckFan66

Jun 25, 2018
Playoffs and bad blood build rivals. Even though it was vegas that ultimately knocked them out i would have to say Nashville is the jets closest team to a rival, even though there really was nothing to cause "bad blood" in that series.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
The way the summer is going, Vegas. Blocked the Jets on the Brassard trade, beat them in the WCF, and then lured away the one player pretty much everyone wanted to retain.

Don't forget James Neal Joe-Carter'ing Helle in the face leading to a goal, then losing in OT during the season. That was brutal too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad