Who do Winnipeg draft 7th?

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
Wow, was weird writing that.

This will probably be the story of the draft, despite the #1 pick being so up in the air.

TSN panel seems to think they need a center. They do have a lack of a legit #1 center, with Antropov and Burmistrov, but not much else.

Do they take Zibanejad, perhaps Couturier if he slips?

The Kremelin Wall*

BPA. You don't draft on current need in the top 10..

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Strome, Hamilton, or someone ranked high than those two.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
1st draft as the Jets?

Reach out to the Oilers find out what it would take to get #1 overall and make a big splash.

Considering the draft is in St. Paul, there's going to be alot of Jets fans, pull the trigger and continue to make the statement that the Jets are back.

zeus3007*

BPA. You don't draft on current need in the top 10..

In this draft, when you get to the 7th spot, it may be a toss up on BPA anyway, in which case need comes into play. That said, I could see Ryan Murphy dropping, and even though they seem to have a bigger need at center, I would be surprised if they pass him up if available.

zeus3007*

1st draft as the Jets?

Reach out to the Oilers find out what it would take to get #1 overall and make a big splash.

Considering the draft is in St. Paul, there's going to be alot of Jets fans, pull the trigger and continue to make the statement that the Jets are back.

I don't know if they have the pieces to get Edmonton to pass on the 1st. At least not pieces they would be willing to give up. I could see Tambellini asking for the 7th overall, Bogosian and something else. Atlanta and Edmonton having similar needs is an issue here (number on center).

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
If Couturier drops to 7, they'd be absolutely foolish not to take him. Same with Murphy. But in all likelyhood Dougie Hamilton will be a good way to bolster that defense.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
I don't know if they have the pieces to get Edmonton to pass on the 1st. At least not pieces they would be willing to give up. I could see Tambellini asking for the 7th overall, Bogosian and something else. Atlanta and Edmonton having similar needs is an issue here (number on center).

That would be grand larceny on the Oilers part if they pulled that off, especially in a weak draft

dem

Mar 17, 2002
That would be grand larceny on the Oilers part if they pulled that off, especially in a weak draft

Why?
Bogosian hasn't shown anything.. and apparently has character issues.

Its a big step up from 7 to 1..

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Why?
Bogosian hasn't shown anything.. and apparently has character issues.

Its a big step up from 7 to 1..

In most other draft years, yes. In this year's not so much. There isn't even a concensus top 4, let alone a #1. Depending on how the chips fall, the 7th overall has a (small, but still realistic) chance of being the best player in the draft.

zeus3007*

Agreed, but I think Tambellini is set on trying to fill that number one center spot, Coutourier and Huberdeau won't be around at 7 I am guessing, and I don't know if they like Strome enough to consider him their future number one, or if they would see him as another Gagner.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
While I'm not sure Winnipeg can grab that #1 pick from the Oilers I do think it'd be interesting if they try to move up. First draft as the new team and could see them wanting to make some kind of splash. How far up they can go I'm not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad