who do we target in FA ?

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm all aboard the Donskoi train, SJ's cap decisions will be interesting. He shouldnt break the bank, but we could perhaps offer him a bit more than what SJ could.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
I'm so scared of free agency after Leino, Ehrhoff, Moulson, and Okposo. I'd be good with the extension for Skinner around the term and dollar limit most posters here think. Other than that, I'd much prefer limited action to adding another contract with term and dollars. But there's always an exception and I'd be open to listening to anything

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Need a Pominville replacement to keep Sam on the second line. Someone who can finish like Pominville does, but actually contributes in other ways too.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Forwards.

Hayes, Nelson, Johansson, Zucc, Dzingel, Ferland.

Give me some real 2nd line talent.

Clearly a huge need.

The problem with going after 2nd line level talent in UFA is that these guys tend to fall off pretty fast. See: 2016 class.

I'd sooner explore trade options. Granlund today would have been amazing to get, but we don't have a Fiala.

Or even go on the hunt for Duchene

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
I'm expecting to miss out on the big dogs, get one of the next-tier guys who ends up Leino-ing, and proceeds to get played as an all-situations guy over CJ, Olofsson, Casey...

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Tough to really determine how many of these guys will actually hit the market, but for shits and giggles I'd say: Hayes, Ferland, Nyqvist, Dzingel, Johansson. Maybe a guy like Brassard if he came cheap. It's fun to dream about the higher end guys like Duchene or Panarin, but they won't come here. Wouldn't mind Pavelski either if SJ can't afford to keep him, but again he likely stays in SJ.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
The answer for second line talent will come from Roch. No need to worry as we are not doing a Leino, Okposo, Ehrhart or Moulson deal this off season.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
I hope the secondary scoring comes via trade. If Risto is out, I'd love to see a Stralman brought aboard to anchor a pair and for leadership.

Ideally, and subject to change:

Re-sign Skinner
Sign Stralman (or someone like him)
Trade for a Tierney
Sign/Trade Sobotka replacement

Last edited:

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Olofsson takes pommers spot. Wouldn’t mind a guy like johansson to upgrade sheary. Would take a year of brassard as a stop gap while mitts/asplund develop into our 2/3

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The answer for second line talent will come from Roch. No need to worry as we are not doing a Leino, Okposo, Ehrhart or Moulson deal this off season.

No? Skinner is not going to make them regret signing him in a few years? You have far more optimism than I do.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Re-sign Skinner. Stay pat and give the kids a chance one year wiser and better. If opportunity arises go fetch an upper level middle six center without handiCAPping us long term.

Unfortunately the center options are Hayes and Duchene which maybe means none are available as it is likely they are signed before hitting UFA IM(.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Re-sign Skinner. Re-sign all of our big clubs RFAs. Re-sign O’Regan too. He could replace Sobotka on today’s roster, I hope he doesn’t get pissed and leave.

Hayes is the biggest name I would look at. But don’t overpay which likely means he doesn’t sign.

Doubt anyone else worth signing hits FA. Glad we don’t have to rely on FA to fix this team this season. It’s a good year to stay quiet.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->