Not open for further replies.

outKast*

Ovechkin ----> Gordie Howe
Schremp ----> Doug Weight
Thelen ------> Rob Blake (poor mans)

Maverick

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I've heard Thelen compared to Paul Mara, but I've never seen him play.

I liken Parise to Drury with more offensive potential.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
outKast said:
Your Howe comparison, uhhh...

When I see Alexander drop his gloves 2-3 times a game then it would be valid. But Howe was as mean as they come.

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Ovechkin? Forsberg (faster, better goal scorer, same kind of player IMO)
Parise? Kariya
Shremp? Comerie
Suter? ???
Jessimen? ???
and Thelen? Mara

Note That i'm talking about style...

BJ21

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
BlackJack21 said:
Ovechkin? Forsberg (faster, better goal scorer, same kind of player IMO)
Parise? Kariya
Shremp? Comerie
Suter? ???
Jessimen? ???
and Thelen? Mara

Note That i'm talking about style...

BJ21

You could be talking about attitude too in this case. :D

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Bileur said:
You could be talking about attitude too in this case. :D

In fact yes I was... but they also have similar style IMO.

I know a lot of poeple think Comerie is fast and quick, but I cant figure out how it came to their mind.

He's more an inteligent player with a lot of vision. He's not that fast and dosent have a really quick release...

BJ21

Vipers

May 17, 2002
Visit site
outKast said:

To me Thelen has all the tools to be the equivalent of Blake and not poor's man Blake.
Future will tell us.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
Moskau said:
Your Howe comparison, uhhh...

When I see Alexander drop his gloves 2-3 times a game then it would be valid. But Howe was as mean as they come.

I think Gordie Howe was more of a "drop your gloves once a game" player, coupled with a goal and assist. Hence the term "Gordie Howe hat Trick"

But I agree with you though, we should probably hold back from the Gordie comparisons for now.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Minnesota Norse Star said:
I think Gordie Howe was more of a "drop your gloves once a game" player, coupled with a goal and assist. Hence the term "Gordie Howe hat Trick"

But I agree with you though, we should probably hold back from the Gordie comparisons for now.

Gordie dropped his gloves every other shift. Now, notice I didn't say fight. Gordie was notorious for getting a glove loose during a scrum and punching a few unsuspecting people.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I think Ovechkin is like Lemieux. Only quicker, better defensively, and obviously a better goal scorer.

Jessimen is Jeff Toms without the deft passing touch.

XxPhaneufxX

Jul 1, 2004
theBob said:
There will never be another Gordie Howe type player in today's game. Few guys would ever have the balls and coachs wouldnt allow it.

Jarome Iginla? He doesnt fight as much, but hes not too far off. :dunno:

Sammy*

Everything I have read about Suter (having never seen him play) makes me think he plays a very similar game & physically resembles his Uncle Gary.

Unknownbutfamous

Apr 11, 2004
Jacobv2 said:
I think Ovechkin is like Lemieux. Only quicker, better defensively, and obviously a better goal scorer.

Have you seen Jessiman play? Jeff Toms??? You cant even spell his name right and your calling him smilar to Jeff Toms???????

X-SHARKIE

Jacobv2 said:

I hope your being sarcastic. Ovechkin is a damn damn good player, could be on the same level with Lemieux when it's all said and done, but he's not as powerfull or skilled as Lemieux. Mario made my jaw drop hundreads of times, Ovechkin never has. I think Mario was a special player and may be the best of all time, he's definitly in the top 3.

I think saying Ovechkin could be around Mario's level is a good call, but saying Ovechkin is a better goal scorer is unfounded.

Better defensively...yes....Quicker...yess.... the rest...no way.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Scottkmlps said:
I think he was looking for a serious answer. :shakehead

A Pro Scout compared Ovechkin to Howe right before the Draft, and Malkin to Beliveau. I think they're fair comparisons.

CapsCrazy

Mar 27, 2004
Harrisburg, PA
I think the comparison of Ovechkin to Forsberg is accurate. Will score a lot, but can also play physical and is responsible defensively.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Some of my favorite comparisons:

Alexander Ovechkin - A russian Joe Sakic
Zach Parise - Daymond Langkow
Rob Schremp - Mike Comrie
Ryan Suter - Brian Leetch
Hugh Jessiman - I don't know a great deal about this kid unfortunatly, so I'll pass on this one.
A.J. Thelen - I heard him compared to Tom Poti actually. I suspect they meant his offensive skills only - or at least let's hope ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad