Speculation: Who do the Habs Pick, at the 2018 Draft??

Who do you Take #4 Overall?

• Total voters

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Everything except Brady Bust Trachuk and Joe Veleno

Lol. Brady Bust Tkachuk? He may not become an elite offensive force, but he's going to be a player, and a good one at that.

And this is coming from someone who's not even in favor of drafting him top-6...

Reactions: Redux91

pitcher

Jun 18, 2012
The saddest thing about the habs situation right now is that just a few years ago we thought we were set on defense and should be aiming for centers and offense since our offense was really lacking and we had Subban and Sergachev + Markov and Petry. Now our offense is still lacking as much if not more, but Bergevin managed to put the team in a situation where our defense is lacking too, even more so than our offense.

And he's still there next year.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
No.

Just like in 2016, we have opposite views.

Boqvist and Hughes will both be better than Dobson. Look this post up in 4 years. Not saying Dobson will be a dud, but he won't be what you're expecting.

Can't believe you were so low on Serge, yet so high on Dobson.

The guy with the skillset and vision has more chances to be more complete with time. A lot harder to teach offense than D.

Well, TT1 wasn't low on Serge, he spent half the year and his posts selling him and telling everyone he was a top 10 pick :laugh:.

Dobson is more skilled than you seem to be giving him credit for. He's a fantastic puck carrier with a good shot. He's considered "safe" because he's excellent as far as keeping mistakes low, but that's just one less developmental hurdle to go through.

I don't see the D rankings after Dahlin as clear personnally. Some people have Bouchard as a clear no.2, I have him a notch after a group of 4 (Smith, Dobsob, Boqvist, Hughes). Theres not a lot of seperation in that group and I'm having a harder time ranking them, I feel any order could be legimitately argued.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Voted Boqvist, then Walhstrom.

I'd be happy with both, but I tend to think Boqvist is really underrated. Call me crazy, but I think there's a chance he goes #3 before Zadina

If my scenario becomes true, you jump on Zadina & be happy.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I hope they draft PBA and not by position

Agreed. If there was a center projected to go in the top 6, then I'd say it might be worth it to reach a few spots, but this isn't the case. Wahlstrom will likely be a winger.

A gifted PMD defenseman will contribute as much to team offence as a winger will. Might was well just pick the best player.

I went with Boqvist. Right shot, puck mover, good shot, good skater, late birthday.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Well, TT1 wasn't low on Serge, he spent half the year and his posts selling him and telling everyone he was a top 10 pick :laugh:.

Dobson is more skilled than you seem to be giving him credit for. He's a fantastic puck carrier with a good shot. He's considered "safe" because he's excellent as far as keeping mistakes low, but that's just one less developmental hurdle to go through.

I don't see the D rankings after Dahlin as clear personnally. Some people have Bouchard as a clear no.2, I have him a notch after a group of 4 (Smith, Dobsob, Boqvist, Hughes). Theres not a lot of seperation in that group and I'm having a harder time ranking them, I feel any order could be legimitately argued.

Top 10 pick, but he was far from sold on him vs Chychrun. Look it up.

Edit:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2016-nhl-entry-draft-thread-ii.2025557/page-32#post-115554481

Gauthier for me, i used to love Sergachev but he wasn't playing well in the last set of games that i watched him play (which was a 1-2 month slump). Haven't watched him recently so i dont really know if he picked his game back up, his d-zone coverage wasnt really good tho, just looked super lazy.

By the end of March, TT1 wanted a few players over Sergachev which I disagreed with, mainly Gauthier and Chychrun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
undersized Amercian defensemen under 6 feet ,that's right up Montreal's alley ..Quinn Hughes 2018

Then we get Jack Hughes in 2019.....who is also undersized under 6 feet

How can you lose with 2 Hughes?

I definitely DO NOT want size to be a consideration whatsoever in any of our picks. Take the highest talent available.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Top 10 pick, but he was far from sold on him vs Chychrun. Look it up.

Well, that's fine, Chychrun is great too :laugh:, though unlucky.

But anyways, I chimed in because I distinctly remembered TT1 selling Sergachev for weeks, so I was a somewhat surprised by that bit.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
For where we’re drafting I’d want

Dahlin
Svetchnikov
Zadina
Wahlstom
Boqvist

Stay positive.

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Had a little fun running the simulator 100 times.

1st: 7
2nd: 11
3rd: 18
4th: 3
5th: 27
6th: 25
7th: 9

So there you have it. 36% chance of top 3.

52% that it will be 5th or 6th.

That's pretty much bang on what our actual chances are:

Montreal9.59.69.72.826.134.08.3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So, in your trials we did a little better when it comes to getting a top 3 pick, which came mainly from doing a little worse at #6.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
I think its ridiculous and insane that we have a 2 % chance to finish at the spot that we actually finished in the standings ....
The best thing is out best odds is to drop back 2 spots .... Like what kind of a fudged up system is this lol
I know they want to avoid tanking but people still do it no matter what you do .

We have over a 50 % chance to drop 1 or 2 spots lol We are so dropping to 7th after this joke of a season and MB is still here .
The big Question is Veleno started to jump back up lately , where does MB have him on his list .
I am almost tempted to say if we are 4th or 5th he may even be tempted to get him so he gets some of the french media maybe back on his side briefly lol

Never know Veleno may end up being great but I am scared of where MB ranks him if we don't get top 3 and even top 5 .

This summer is scary when you start to think about it .

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
That's pretty much bang on what our actual chances are:

Montreal9.59.69.72.826.134.08.3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So, in your trials we did a little better when it comes to getting a top 3 pick, which came mainly from doing a little worse at #6.

We have more chance to get any pick that the 4th one? That's crazy considering that it's where the Habs should normally be picking up.

On another story...

That Brady Tkachuk kid has so many different views on him on this board. Some like him a lot and almost say he's elite while some say that he isn't much more than a future 3rd line center. Who should I believe? :dunno:

Reactions: DXStriker

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
my list would be

1 Dahlin
2 Svechnikov
3 Zadina
4 Boqvist
5 Wahlstrom
6 Hughes
7 Tkachuk

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
It's so sad and frustrating that we will most probably draft 5-6-7 than at our pick.

f*** these odds by the NHL.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I think its ridiculous and insane that we have a 2 % chance to finish at the spot that we actually finished in the standings ....
The best thing is out best odds is to drop back 2 spots .... Like what kind of a fudged up system is this lol
I know they want to avoid tanking but people still do it no matter what you do .

We have over a 50 % chance to drop 1 or 2 spots lol We are so dropping to 7th after this joke of a season and MB is still here .
The big Question is Veleno started to jump back up lately , where does MB have him on his list .
I am almost tempted to say if we are 4th or 5th he may even be tempted o get him so he gets some of the french media maybe back on his side briefly lol

Never know Veleno may end up being great but I am scared of where MB ranks him if we don't get top 3 and even top 5 .

This summer is scary when you start to think about it .

Those odds are not the real odds and don't base anything on it.
Mainly because as soon as the the 1st overall goes to one of the top 3 (which happened almost every years) every odds change drastically.

The odds of 3 teams below the Habs getting the top 3 picks are almost inexistant.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->