Speculation: Who do the Habs Pick, at the 2018 Draft??

Who do you Take #4 Overall?

• Total voters

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Provided we stay at number 4 , Hughes, Wahlstrom and Boqvist are the only logical options. It's between those 3, simple as that. I think i'm going Wahlstrom personally, we need skill up front.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
We are so inept offensively at forward, I have to go with Wahlstrom.

Reactions: Redux91

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I don’t know who came up with this and who approved it but it is very messed up!
AZ have more % for the top pick then they do for #2 or #3... and they are the only team like that. What??

Buffalo and Ottawa are also like that.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Maybe Montreal picks Walhstrom with their 1st rounder and, when Islanders surprise everyone by re-signing Tavares, they trade Pacioretty to his home state for one of the Islanders' 1st round picks (10th or 12th, pre-lottery). With that pick, they choose Veleno!

Wahlstrom and Veleno in the first round and, with their 2nd rounders galore, MTL loads up on Ds. I wouldn't be upset by that, personally. Would be a bit rough on D again next year (unless they somehow signed Carlson) and MTL would need to patch the C-line with medium term UFAs (Stasny, Bozak?)

Everyone thinks Tavares, but what if Montreal spent the big cash on Carlson instead and traded Petry and picks for some help at C until Veleno and Poehling matured? By then, perhaps the C Petry is trade for is still around and Danault is traded. Who knows.

Drouin - ??? - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Stasny/Bozak - Scherbak
Hudon - Danault - Lehkonen
Byron - Evans - Shaw

Alzner - Carlson (reunited)
Mete - Weber
Schlemko - Juulsen
Max is not from New York, he is from Connecticut

This team is as bad as this years group. Alzner as a first pairing dman? Please. Don't think Carlson is the solution on the back end either . He is more of a 35-45 point scorer that has had two outlier seasons of 68 this season and 55 a few years ago.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
If he is still around in the second round, I'd be pleased if we took Calen Addison at #35. A little small but very smart with the puck. Does everything well. I wish he was a lefty.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
I think people haven't seen enough of Boqvist. Hughes is a good choice but undersized. He's not built like PK Subban or Drew Dougthy. It's basically a Clayton Keller version of a defenceman. In the new NHL, undersized offensive puck moving defenceman can thrive.

It's hard. Honestly, Brady Tkachuk hasn't been scoring a lot at every level. But, he's a gamer and a player that impacts the game. I think he can develop better and our attack needs a power forward like him. He's overrated because of his last name but I think that people don't give him enough credit for his skillset with that size. His hockey sense is probably among the best of his class and he has soft silky hands around the net. I think I'd go with Brady Tkachuk or Adam Boqvist.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I honestly think the Habs have a shot at Dahlin. I don't know why, but I've got a feeling about it... Who knows? If they don't win the lottery, I figure the Habs will take Bouchard. He's a right handed shot defenseman which both Bergevin and Timmons love, he's played for the London Knights (another Timmons and Bargain Bin plus) and he's played with Mete before.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
System was devised to help make sure tanking and teams like the Oilers stop getting 1ovr picks, so you just know they’ll somehow win the lottery. :laugh:

Or even better Stl a team that should have made the playoffs will win it and add an elite dman to what is already a good team.

The lottery system ****. A lottery is a necessity but the current system is very badly designed. IMO teams outside the last 10 should not be part of the lottery. And the chances to draft high should be higher for the last 5 teams. The system should be there to prevent (attempt to prevent) a team from drafting 1st ad vitam aeternam not to give already good teams a chance to draft a generational player by barely missing the playoffs.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I honestly think the Habs have a shot at Dahlin. I don't know why, but I've got a feeling about it... Who knows? If they don't win the lottery, I figure the Habs will take Bouchard. He's a right handed shot defenseman which both Bergevin and Timmons love, he's played for the London Knights (another Timmons and Bargain Bin plus) and he's played with Mete before.

I'll be happy with a top 5 pick. We dodged a bullet by losing yesterday. Winning this game would have given us a good chance to draft 7th, 8th or 9th and a very small chance to draft top 5.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

No.

Just like in 2016, we have opposite views.

Boqvist and Hughes will both be better than Dobson. Look this post up in 4 years. Not saying Dobson will be a dud, but he won't be what you're expecting.

Can't believe you were so low on Serge, yet so high on Dobson.

The guy with the skillset and vision has more chances to be more complete with time. A lot harder to teach offense than D.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I think people haven't seen enough of Boqvist. Hughes is a good choice but undersized. He's not built like PK Subban or Drew Dougthy. It's basically a Clayton Keller version of a defenceman. In the new NHL, undersized offensive puck moving defenceman can thrive.

It's hard. Honestly, Brady Tkachuk hasn't been scoring a lot at every level. But, he's a gamer and a player that impacts the game. I think he can develop better and our attack needs a power forward like him. He's overrated because of his last name but I think that people don't give him enough credit for his skillset with that size. His hockey sense is probably among the best of his class and he has soft silky hands around the net. I think I'd go with Brady Tkachuk or Adam Boqvist.

One thing that worries me with him is that he is a full year older almost then some other guys but didn't really out produce them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->