Speculation: Who do the Habs Pick, at the 2018 Draft??

Who do you Take #4 Overall?

• Total voters

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Some one we don’t currently have a need for but management will force fed him to us for the next 20 years.

Will be chill and relax he will play with absolutly no sense of urgency or show any kind of emotion on the ice.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Chose Wahlstrom.

Would be happy with Boqvist or Hughes.

Wahlstrom
Zadina
Boqvist
Hughes
Dobson

That is my top-5 starting at the 3rd overall pick.

Maybe Montreal picks Walhstrom with their 1st rounder and, when Islanders surprise everyone by re-signing Tavares, they trade Pacioretty to his home state for one of the Islanders' 1st round picks (10th or 12th, pre-lottery). With that pick, they choose Veleno!

Wahlstrom and Veleno in the first round and, with their 2nd rounders galore, MTL loads up on Ds. I wouldn't be upset by that, personally. Would be a bit rough on D again next year (unless they somehow signed Carlson) and MTL would need to patch the C-line with medium term UFAs (Stasny, Bozak?)

Everyone thinks Tavares, but what if Montreal spent the big cash on Carlson instead and traded Petry and picks for some help at C until Veleno and Poehling matured? By then, perhaps the C Petry is trade for is still around and Danault is traded. Who knows.

Drouin - ??? - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Stasny/Bozak - Scherbak
Hudon - Danault - Lehkonen
Byron - Evans - Shaw

Alzner - Carlson (reunited)
Mete - Weber
Schlemko - Juulsen

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Only the 1st overall should be up for lottery, after that teams slot where they ranked

Make a rule that once a team picks 1st overall they cant pick 1st for 3 years or something. Then tanking can be addressed without penalizing the entire fanbase of hockey teams. Imagine the habs draft 7th after this horrible season my Goodness it couldnt get worse

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I want Hughes. I think he's NHL ready, will have some bumps in the road defensively, but I think he can step in and compete for the Calder. Plug him in beside Weber and let him grow.

Hughes-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner/Juulsen/Reilly

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I thought Boqvist and Hughes were well a head of Dobson?

After Dahlin, there’s no defender that is clearly ahead of others in the group that follows.

But wait for the U18 because maybe that changes things for Boqvist.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
I would want Dalhin
Or
I would grab Zadina and trade Pac to Carolina for Necas and slight extra.
Or
with 4th, I would grad Hughes, we are out of prospect in the back, hes american and has the talent to be a dominant player.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How? You are fourth last in the league, so don't you have the highest odds of drafting 4th OV?

I think, and I could be wrong, the logic here is that because there are more teams behind you that could jump ahead of you than there are teams ahead of you that could jump behind you, percentage wise, there are more chances you get pushed back than move up and even more chances you get pushed back than stay where you are.

Again, this is the thinking I have.

Last edited:

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I think, and I could be wrong, the logic here is that because there are more teams behind you that could jump ahead of you than there are teams ahead of you that could jump behind you, percentage wise, there are more chances you get pushed back than move up and even more chances you get pushed back than stay where you are.

Again, this is the thinking I have.

Odds are we draft 6th Overall. Hopefully we get lucky though!

Reactions: HailMcJesus

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Every teams most likely scenario is dropping a couple of spots since every team has a shot of moving into the top 3.

In this draft, I don't mind it. I think unless you are pick top 2, the next 6 guys are pretty similar grades, it just depends on who you like and what you want.

Reactions: Redux91

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I hope they draft PBA and not by position

After Zadina, it’s not really a clear cut BPA.

Hughes has the highest upside, Boqvist still has great upside but is likely a safer pick, Walhstrom is a great pick too.

Either way we should walk out with a player

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Capture_d_e_cran_2018_04_08_a_09_20_02.png
I don’t know who came up with this and who approved it but it is very messed up!
AZ have more % for the top pick then they do for #2 or #3... and they are the only team like that. What??

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I want Hughes. I think he's NHL ready, will have some bumps in the road defensively, but I think he can step in and compete for the Calder. Plug him in beside Weber and let him grow.

Hughes-Weber
Mete-Petry
Alzner/Juulsen/Reilly

"Some bumps in the road defensively" is exactly what this coach likes and is patient for

He'll do great I'm sure :)

f*** I hate that dipshit

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
undersized Amercian defensemen under 6 feet ,that's right up Montreal's alley ..Quinn Hughes 2018

Then we get Jack Hughes in 2019.....who is also undersized under 6 feet

How can you lose with 2 Hughes?

Well, honestly, I'm fine with Q Hughes. He's the quintessential PMD in the new NHL. He'll be better than VM and VM will be alright as a 3-5 PMD. Pair Q Hughes with Weber and you actually have a very nice top pairing, even though I'm not a huge Weber fan.

Right up MTL's alley? I thought immobile, feet of concrete, offensively inept D were right up MTL's alley? Looking at Benn, Alzner and to a lesser extent Weber, I think you have it wrong.

And if they get J Hughes, it will have been another very bad year since he will be going in the top 3. He's an absolute stud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad