• C - Cole Perfetti

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Cole Perfetti had 74 pts and 37 goals in his underage season. Came back and put up 8 goals and 12 pts in 5 games at the Hlinka. Currently sitting at 81 pts in 45 games for the year. All while playing for a OHL franchise owned by Chris Osgood and Jimmy Devallno.

I think he’s going to be in the mix at 3/4 as much as anyone else. Bob’s mid-season list comes out this Thursday, and I think we will see Perfetti come in pretty high on that list. He reminds me of a young Zach Parise with his hands around the net and how quick he can get the puck off his stick.

I think the 3/4 spot could have around 5 or 6 worthy names in the discussion. Stutzle, Raymond, Rossi, Drysdale, and Perfetti would all have arguments to be selected at 3rd or 4th and you could also make a case for Lundell if he continues his recent surge in the Liiga. My pick would be Rossi as he has been a dominant player at every level he has played at and is having a season that is too good to ignore. Overall, I'd be happy with any of those listed above though Drysdale would likely be at the bottom of my list.

I like him. I’ve heard people have questions about his offense, so I don’t know we can expect him to be a Getzlaf style center, but maybe he could be like fellow countrymen Mikko Koivu? Not flashy but good at everything?

That's the comp that I would make, though his statistically profile is quite a bit different. While he hasn't necessarily produced a ton of points he has been a dominant player at ES and that's what makes me okay with the "lack of production". I think he's someone that could end up falling to the end of the top 10 or early teens and in 3 years time everyone is wondering how he fell that far.

Reactions: Lil Bert

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Leaning toward centers.
Too early for me to say who's best.
But if there's a C with elite zone entry, playmaking ability, I want him.
I like a lot of what I've read of Perfetti.
I've not seen much of Stutzle yet. Underwhelming at the WJCs, when I watched.
I want to learn more about Lundell, too.
What? Stutzle had a great Juniors

TimIsRetired

Jun 22, 2019
Drysdale is just a kid. So is Quinn Hughes. Yzerman is playing the long game. Wouldn't surprise me.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I love Stutzle, so he’s my choice. Raymond may be a bit more talented but I see Stutzle as being able to be a full-time C in the NHL a la Zetterberg. I see Raymond as a pure winger. We need another quality center.

Draft Stutzle.
Sign Greiss in the off-season.
Trade for Drai by mid-season 2021 as Edmonton burns out again and Katz and Connor lose their collective shit...

Ya know, basic stuff. Easy peasy.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We need the German engineering to help our struggling Detroit product.

Just hope they are more BMWs than Volkswagens.

I would rather have Volkswagen's luxury brand which is an Audi for sure...

Though I will never own anything that wasn't made by the big three so I guess that is moot anyway.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I would rather have Volkswagen's luxury brand which is an Audi for sure...

Though I will never own anything that wasn't made by the big three so I guess that is moot anyway.

Bad experiences with those cars... but I am very on board with Stutzle/Seider regardless.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Something I’ve been thinking about:

There are like 10 guys after Lafreniere that could arguably be taken around 4th or 5th.

In that Yzerman interview, he really seemed to want to drive home how old Lafreniere is for his class.

Ottawa has two picks that have a good chance of being top 10. Standings wise, they’d currently be 4th and 6th, but of course still subject to the draft.

Knowing this, should the Wings land the 1st overall, Ottawa lands 3-4 + 5-10, and Laf is still the unequivocal top pick, I genuinely wonder if Yzerman and company aren’t setting the table for the possibility that the Wings trade the coveted 1OA for Ottawa’s picks...lots of conditions there, but it’s something to seriously consider.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I like what I'm hearing from Team Stutzle, so for now I'd be fine with him at #3...

... provided that New Jersey and Chicago aren't the teams leapfrogging Detroit. If either of those goofballs get yet another favor on lottery night, there might be BMWs, Volkswagens, AND Audis thrown at the television.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

There are like 10 guys after Lafreniere that could arguably be taken around 4th or 5th.

In that Yzerman interview, he really seemed to want to drive home how old Lafreniere is for his class.

Ottawa has two picks that have a good chance of being top 10. Standings wise, they’d currently be 4th and 6th, but of course still subject to the draft.

Knowing this, should the Wings land the 1st overall, Ottawa lands 3-4 + 5-10, and Laf is still the unequivocal top pick, I genuinely wonder if Yzerman and company aren’t setting the table for the possibility that the Wings trade the coveted 1OA for Ottawa’s picks...lots of conditions there, but it’s something to seriously consider.

No.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The 80's sudden accelerator was disproved... Time to update your stats... :laugh:

This is all one big reach of a joke, but I was actually referencing Volkswagen committing outright fraud for their emissions testing. They straight up programmed cars to lie.

Volkswagen: The scandal explained

It's been dubbed the "diesel dupe". In September, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) found that many VW cars being sold in America had a "defeat device" - or software - in diesel engines that could detect when they were being tested, changing the performance accordingly to improve results. The German car giant has since admitted cheating emissions tests in the US.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan

I will be saying this pretty much until the draft lottery, or until draft day in the unlikely event Detroit gets 1OA, but you cannot afford to get cute with it when you have the opportunity to select a player who flashes elite skill and compete. Lafrienere is easily the best player in this class at this stage, AINEC. Now, things are subject to change but Detroit needs high end talent regardless of position, and Laf has proven to very much be that caliber of prospect.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Matthews was also very old to his draft class and still is the best from his class.

Elite of all elites, will stay as elites.

Lafreniere is same thing.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I think Seider and Stutzle would have advanced chemistry together right off the bat. Whether or not their familiarity would, in the long-run, benefit the Wings more than drafting Drysdale, Byfield or Raymond, I am not sure. However, he's definitely in that 2-4 range and, according to the latest rankings, THE guy most likely to go third if we did the draft today.

The one wrench that could get tossed into the system would be if Byfield drops. If Byfield drops, then it probably means Stutzle went second. And I'm not too sure I wouldn't prefer Stutzle, Raymond or even Drysdale over Byfield.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArmChairGM89

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019

Ive been considering this for a long time. I do it if the top pick is at least 4 and the bottom at least 8.

I love lafreniere, but the thought of getting stutzle + drysdale, Raymond + Perfetti, byfield + askarov

I just couldn’t pass that up. And I don’t think Ottawa is willing to either. I don’t think they would make that trade.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
The interesting part comes to play if the wings have second overall.

Byfield vs Stuzzle would be closer then people think.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This is all one big reach of a joke, but I was actually referencing Volkswagen committing outright fraud for their emissions testing. They straight up programmed cars to lie.

Volkswagen: The scandal explained

BMW and Daimler were also implicated in that same scandal just so you know...

BMW, Daimler and VW charged with collusion over emissions

Second time Daimler has been caught in the last decade.

Anyway, buy American folks!!!

The Wings can draft German hockey players though, I am all for that.:laugh:

I do probably lean Raymond over Stutzle but that is probably the closest spot on the board for me. IF I drop Askarov out of the picture and don't include goalies just for the purpose of discussion.

I go:

Byfield
Lafreniere
Drysdale
Raymond
Stutzle

At least that is how I look at it right now.

Last edited:

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands

Ottawa is not gonna trade 2 of their top 10 picks for our 1st overall pick.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I feel like there’s a lot of blind confidence that Stutzle is a center in the NHL. I see the urge to just assign confidence in Steve going back to Mannheim and taking their poster child v2.0 because he’s Steve and it seemingly worked out amazingly the first time.

Just feel like some caution needs to be exercised collectively. He’s played on the wing for Mannheim all year. He played wing for the German U20 team at the WJC. Not saying he can’t convert to center, or the team won’t hope to convert to center, but at this point he’s a winger with a hope of being able to play center. I find it hard to give him too much of a positional boost at this stage. Still like his game a hell of a lot. Still hold him in high regard as a prospect. Just don’t think you can put Stutzle in the same group as Byfield or Lundell in terms of “this guy is a center through and through.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad