Who comes out of the Pacific division?

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
I honestly don't think it matters in the WCF from the West with the three-headed monster that is Jets, Pred and Wild in the Central.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I expect Dallas to be the WC crossover team or the Wild

Yeah they could but Dallas or Minnesota beating Vegas and either San Jose, LA, or Anaheim is a bit of a stretch. You can say what you want about their regular season performances but all three of those teams are going to be very tough outs in the playoffs and I don't think Dallas or Minnesota are really going to win a seven game series against both Vegas and one of those teams. They're not better than any of those four teams. They're roughly equal and they could win but I wouldn't put their odds any better than any of the four out of the Pacific.

Reactions: Getz2perry

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yeah they could but Dallas or Minnesota beating Vegas and either San Jose, LA, or Anaheim is a bit of a stretch. You can say what you want about their regular season performances but all three of those teams are going to be very tough outs in the playoffs and I don't think Dallas or Minnesota are really going to win a seven game series against both Vegas and one of those teams. They're not better than any of those four teams. They're roughly equal and they could win but I wouldn't put their odds any better than any of the four out of the Pacific.

Yeah it's a crapshoot but that's what I just predicted. Nobody knows

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I don't think it'll matter much aside from bragging rights, but my pick would be San Jose. Vegas is a complete wild card in terms of how they'll do. Fleury has "been there, done that" but has also had some bad playoffs before. I don't think any of skaters would have been considered even top 5 most important players on their former teams when they made deep runs (aside from maybe Neal?). It'll be interesting to see how Vegas does. But no matter who makes it, I don't see anyone beating Nashville this year (at least in the West). Preds/Jets might be a good series though.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I honestly don't think it matters in the WCF from the West with the three-headed monster that is Jets, Pred and Wild in the Central.

im sure ANA LA SJ can and HAVE challenged WIN / MIN time and time again

Nashville though, i'd have to agree on that one

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lol 3 headed monsters
Winnipeg 0 playoff wins, not series... games
Wild are the team id love to draw in round 1

Only team in the central that can boast is the Preds, I would honestly take Ana, SJ, or LA over Minnasota pretty easily... and Winnipeg might put up a fight but I think ultimate they lose to all 3 of the California teams.

As for who comes out of the pacific, Ill go with
1. Sharks
2. Vegas
3. Kings
wc: ducks

I feel like vegas is going to be knocked out of top spot by end of season.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Im going with a sleeper team. I'm picking the Kings.

They are actually my pick to come out of the west this season. Yeah It's a gutsy pick I know, but Hockey is unpredictable

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Dallas is going to cross over and clean the house in Pacific. Then get swept by the Preds in WCF

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Oilers will win every remaining game and squeek in the playoffs. They will sweep there way to the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad