Line Combos: Who comes out of the line up when fully healthy (playoffs)

Who comes out?

• Total voters

ShameOnYouZidlicky

Jun 4, 2010
Hyman Matthews Marner
Foligno Tavares Mikheyev
Galchenyuk Kerfoot Nylander
Thornton Spezza Simmonds

Engvall, Nash

We know the top line works. I think Tavares will play better with two guys who play a good cycling game. Nylander gets his own line with a good trigger guy. 4th line substitutes in Engvall for Thornton if its too slow

Hyman
Matthews Tavares Marner
Rielly

Foligno
Galchenyuk Spezza Nylander
Muzzin/Brodie

Reactions: 123offtheglass

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I don't think Spezza is gonna work out at center, while he works very well at W.

The bottom 2 centers have to be 2 of Kerfoot, Engvall, Nash...and I can see an argument for any combo of those 2 and I'm not sure which is best.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I don't think Spezza is gonna work out at center, while he works very well at W.

The bottom 2 centers have to be 2 of Kerfoot, Engvall, Nash...and I can see an argument for any combo of those 2 and I'm not sure which is best.
upload_2021-4-17_15-24-40.jpeg

Reactions: Eric bungay

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

Spezza too slow for center you think? I hope he works out there but I agree the bottom 6 centers have gotta be 2 of Kerfoot, Engvall, & Nash (Maybe Foligno too though, but ideally he's a wing)

:laugh: Christmas came early eh?

Reactions: Teeder Keon

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I have a feeling that Keefe will take Spezza and Engvall out.

Galchenyuk-Matthews-Marner
Foligno-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Nash-Hyman
Thornton-Kerfoot-Simmonds

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
I have a feeling that Keefe will take Spezza and Engvall out.

Galchenyuk-Matthews-Marner
Foligno-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Nash-Hyman
Thornton-Kerfoot-Simmonds

our worst 2 players by a country mile are thornton and simmonds. they dont deserve to be in this lineup .

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
GALLY - MATTHEWS - MARNER
FOLIGNO - TAVARES - NYLANDER
MIKHEYEV - KERFOOT - HYMAN
THORNTON - SPEZZA - SIMMONDS

MUZZIN - HOLL
RIELLY - BRODIE
DERMOTT - BOGOSIAN

CAMPBELL
ANDERSEN/RITTICH

Reactions: TopCheese

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
GALLY - MATTHEWS - MARNER
FOLIGNO - TAVARES - NYLANDER
MIKHEYEV - KERFOOT - HYMAN
THORNTON - SPEZZA - SIMMONDS

MUZZIN - HOLL
RIELLY - BRODIE
DERMOTT - BOGOSIAN

CAMPBELL
ANDERSEN/RITTICH
Love it other than Thornton on the 4th line. Id swap in Engvall and have him play C on the 4th with Spezza and Simmonds

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
With Injuries:

Foligno - - Matthews - - Marner
Galchenyuk - Tavares - Nylander
Robertson - Kerfoot - Simmonds
Thornton - - Engvall - - Spezza

Rielly - - - Brodie
Muzzin - - - Holl
Dermott - Hutton

When Healthy:

Foligno - - Matthews - - Marner
Galchenyuk - Tavares - Nylander
Hyman - - Kerfoot - - Mikheyev
Thornton - Spezza - Simmonds

Rielly - - - Brodie
Muzzin - - - Holl
Dermott - Bogosian

Maybe Switch Mikheyev and Simmonds.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
With Foligno and Bogosian I don’t really think we need Simmonds in unless he picks up his play a bunch. I also still don’t see Thornton coming out.

Foligno Matthews Marner
Galchenyuk JT Nylander
Hyman Kerfoot Mikheyev/Robertson/Engvall
Spezza Thornton Engvall/Robertson/Mikheyev
*Simmonds in for Robertson or Engvall if they are performing poorly/injury

Reilly Brodie
Muzzin Holl
Sandin Bogosian
*Dermott in for Sandin or Bogosian if injured or poor performance

Freddy
Campbell

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Chucky's been surprisingly good but he's gotta start producing to stay in the top 6 once everyone is healthy.

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Foligno - Tavares - Nylander
Kerfoot - Nash - Mikheyev
Simmonds - Spezza (OR Jumbo/Chucky/Brooks - Spezza - Simmonds)

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Sandin - Bogosian
Dermott

Maybe have Jumbo or Chucky in on the fourth line instead of 11F-7D but either way you can throw any of the top guys in with the fourth line; Keefe could also essentially role 3 lines while using Spezza & Simmonds situationally, like Simmonds taking the odd shift in place of Hyman/Foligno/3rd-line-guy or Spezza doing a lot of the same but also used for important right-side draws.

Kerfoot - Nash - Mikheyev could be a pretty responsible defensive line; the top 2 lines are loaded up.

If Sandin continues to play like he is, possibly even becoming a PP1 QB, & Dermott continues to play well as well, it may be hard to scratch either one of them; running 11F-7D the odd time may not be so bad but maybe letting Jumbo stay in the lineup while limiting his ice-time to 5-8 minutes may be the better answer (you take him out the odd shift, even though he'd already only be playing 4th line minutes). Sandin can be used in more offensive situations & Dermott in the more defensive situations, maybe Sandin-Dermott in the odd o-zone draw, Bogo takes the odd shift in the top 4 like with Muzz, and Dermott could eat minutes anywhere the odd shift to give a guy a break (especially when coming off special units for example).

Hyman Matthews Marner
Foligno Tavares Mikheyev
Galchenyuk Kerfoot Nylander
Thornton Spezza Simmonds

Engvall, Nash

We know the top line works. I think Tavares will play better with two guys who play a good cycling game. Nylander gets his own line with a good trigger guy. 4th line substitutes in Engvall for Thornton if its too slow
I actually like the idea of this if there's less of a need of a defensive shutdown line; reminds of when Pittsburgh had their top 3 scoring lines rolling & they just ate the competition alive. Even then though that 2nd line could take on a lot of that defensive responsibility; you could also go Mikheyev - Tavares - Hyman

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad