Line Combos: Who comes out of the line up when fully healthy (playoffs)

Who comes out?

• Total voters

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
It should be Jumbo but we’ve watched him steal minutes from more deserving players all season so he’ll weasel his way in there

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Shit is getting very interesting...as it currently stands I think even if Andersen comes back before the playoffs leafs are fine. However, IF he goes on LTIR, leafs have enough room to add more...if he subtracts from our roster let’s say an Engvall or Kerfoot..he can add EVEN more..still lot of intrigue..

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Galchenyuk - Tavares - Nylander
Foligno - Kerfoot - Mikheyev
Engvall - Spezza - Simmonds
Nash/Jumbo

is what I'd like, but there's no way they'll scratch Thornton IMO, so my guess is Engvall.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I think this is how it shakes down as of right now.

Galchenyuk - Matthews - Marner
Hyman - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Foligno
Nash - Spezza - Simmonds
Thornton/Engvall/Noesen/Robertson/Barb

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I think whoever is in or out will totally depend on who's playing better, and any injuries obviously.
The Leafs really have a great position of being able to mix lines and insert players when needed to change up their look, especially for specific matchups.

Which is key, when comparing possible playoff matchups like Montreal, Edmonton and Winnipeg.

Reactions: Lauro

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Foligno really should not be in the top-six. He's an offensive black hole at this point in his career, but still has value in a defensive-oriented dead-puck line.

I don't want him sucking the creativity of the Big 4. I think it's clear he was brought in to complete the checking line that Keefe wants.

Foligno - Engvall - Mikheyev
Simmonds - Kerfoot - Spezza
Jumbo, Nash

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Foligno really should not be in the top-six. He's an offensive black hole at this point in his career, but still has value in a defensive-oriented dead-puck line.

I don't want him sucking the creativity of the Big 4. I think it's clear he was brought in to complete the checking line that Keefe wants.

Foligno - Engvall - Mikheyev
Simmonds - Kerfoot - Spezza
Jumbo, Nash
Speaking of sucking and offensive black holes ...
What the hell do you call your 3rd line centre ;)

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
100% play wise Thorton is the odd man out, love the dude, wish it worked out, but the man is slowwwwww.

And as much as every spot on the roster should be earned i have a hard time them telling a man thats been in the league since the 90s that he's sitting opening night of the playoffs.

So Engvall most likely will be if Nash is healthy.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I don’t see a really a reality where Joe Thornton is taken out of the lineup.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I’d be really interested in seeing us try 3 strong lines. Galchenyuk/Tavares/Mikheyev looked surprisingly good, I’d love to try something like:

Galchenyuk - Tavares - Mikheyev
Foligno - Kerfoot - Nylander
Engvall - Spezza - Simmonds

With Nash and Thornton subbing in for any injuries, or simply shake ups. But I could see that 3rd line torching teams.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->