Who caught your eye?

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Hockeys Future has an article on standout players at the WJC, bringing up names like Schenn, Tarasenko, Ellis and Campbell.

While there's no arguing these players were standouts, I'm wondering who caught your eye at the tournament. Perhaps players that you didn't know much if anything about before the tournament. It could be just little things that you noticed that makes you think the kid is going to be a good player.

To get things started I would like to mention Czech Antonin Honejsek who looked like a creative player to me and Swede Jesper Fasth who was effective as a hard working forward. And Russian Nikita Dvurechensky - for his goal in the final alone.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch nearly as many games as I would have liked so I would like to hear your oppinion.

HemskyToHall*

I second Patrick Celin.

Ryan Johansen and Justin Faulk were also pretty good.

FinHockey

Sex Metal Barbie
Nov 10, 2009
Finland
Miikka Salomäki. I didn't think much of him before the tournament but he ended up with more points than Armia.

Gorgeous George

Mar 1, 2002
Temple Bar
Visit site
Foligno was outstanding for Canada. Won't be long before we see him playing in Buffalo.

Also, C. Klingberg for Sweden was fantastic. Showed bursts of speed, great hits, and was always an offensive threat.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Conz, Pulkinnen, Batrschi, Pestoni, Campbell, Ortio and Schenn.

Love that Conz proved to everyone that last year he wasen't lucky, it's just skill :D ;)

Nov 26, 2010
NJ
I thought that line of Kreider Coyle and Palmieri was usa's best line by far. I didn't know of Fasth before the tournament and i thought both Kuznetsov and Tarensenko we unreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad