Golf: Who belongs in the Hall of Fame?

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
"Bubba Watson, Lee Westwood, Sergio Garcia, Henrik Stenson, Retief Goosen, Cristie Kerr"

Please post the names of those you consider worthy Hall of Famers. I'll bold the ones that get a vote. Edited this post to save space.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Macdonald Smith shouldn't be in.

Sergio, Westwood, Stenson, Goosen, Bubba all get in.

Basically 2 majors and 15+ PGA victories and you get in, based on who is currently in. 30+ victories and two majors works too basically.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Best results in major championships
Masters TournamentT2: 1969, 1972, 1974, 1975
U.S. OpenT2: 1976
The Open ChampionshipWon: 1973
PGA Championship3rd: 1975
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Macdonald Smith shouldn't be in. Sergio, Westwood, Stenson, Goosen, Bubba all get in. Basically 2 majors and 15+ PGA victories and you get in, based on who is currently in. 30+ victories and two majors works too basically.
I bolded your picks. Deleted MS. No love for British Open Champ, 5 time Major runner up, and a 3rd at the PGA, Tom Weiskopf? Edited this post to save space.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Weiskopf won 16 PGA Tour titles between 1968 and 1982.

Best results in major championships
Masters TournamentT2: 1969, 1972, 1974, 1975
U.S. OpenT2: 1976
The Open ChampionshipWon: 1973
PGA Championship3rd: 1975
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I bolded your picks. No love for British Open Champ, 5 time Major runner up, and a 3rd at the PGA, Tom Weiskopf.

Nope, super fringe.

List of golfers with most PGA Tour wins - Wikipedia

Honestly just have to look at that list and see who has an H beside their name. Weiskopf has people above him with similar or better credentials that aren't in. Did he do something substantial for the game that isn't displayed in the individuals on course achievements?

Then don't let them in.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Cristie Kerr has 20 LPGA wins, 2 majors, and over $19 million in career earnings. She's been ranked #1 in the world 3 separate times. She's a lock.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Watson: Too early to say. Precedent says he wins another four tour events, and he's in.

Westwood: I don't think he has a hall of fame resume, but they let Monty in, and you can make the case he has a pretty similar resume. There are differences. Monty had more European Tour wins and won the Order of Merit more often, but Westwood had a slightly better record in majors and got to World #1. I think he probably should get in, given past precedent.

Garcia: In

Stenson: Too early to say again. I think he has a chance. Two more wins, and I'd say his resume is comparable to Couples who was let in.

Goosen: Precedent says he should be in, but not by much.

Kerr: Don't know enough about the qualification process in the Women's game to get into the Hall of Fame. From a brief look at it, I think she'd probably get in.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think Kaymer is in, and the way he's been going in recent years, I don't think he'll get in. I don't even think he's that close right now.

Koepka is in, in my opinion. With two majors, I think the rest of your resume matters. three, you're in.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Among active players (even if they were all to retire right now):
Tiger Woods (obviously)
Rory McIlroy
Jordan Speith
Dustin Johnson
Martin Kaymer
Justin Rose
Bubba Watson