Who are your top 2 teams in the East next season (with a BIG caveat)

Who are your top 2 teams in the East next season (with a BIG caveat)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My team is the Wild

Pittsburgh and Tampa are my votes

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
Leafs - Tampa/Boston

Little surprised at the Pittsburgh votes over Boston, to be honest.

Why?? Has Boston done something remarkable as of late? They are a one line team with nowhere near the depth of Pittsburgh..

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Why?? Has Boston done something remarkable as of late? They are a one line team with nowhere near the depth of Pittsburgh..
They finished 12 points ahead of Pittsburgh, all the while suffering through massive injuries the first half of the year. They also made it to the same round as Pittsburgh in the playoffs.

The Bruins are certainly top-heavy, but to say they are a 1-line team would indicate you've probably not watched them very often.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Tampa + flip a coin between Tor/Pit/Wsh. darkhorse is boston, but they just havent done anything this off season to keep up

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not sure I get the love for Pittsburgh. They just barely managed 100 points last season, and they really didn't make any huge offseason acquisitions. Am I missing something here, or are most people just giving last season a pass for cup hangover?

You don't think the fact they just won back to back Cups and have played a LOT of hockey over the past three seasons has any effect on their record this past season?

All one had to do was watch them this year. They looked exhausted. They played well for like a month-long stretch in January when the playoffs were in jeopardy, but for most of the season they looked like a team with no gas left in the tank.

Nizdizzle

Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
You don't think the fact they just won back to back Cups and have played a LOT of hockey over the past three seasons has any effect on their record this past season?

All one had to do was watch them this year. They looked exhausted. They played well for like a month-long stretch in January when the playoffs were in jeopardy, but for most of the season they looked like a team with no gas left in the tank.
I guess I just dont buy that argument. They have enough offseason for ample recovery time. That said, I have nothing against the Penguins and it wouldn't bother me a bit if I was proved wrong this season. That said, I'm gonna stick with my previous choices of TB/BOS. I think Pittsburgh is closer to the #4/5 slot in the East until proven otherwise.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I see like 4-5 guys that are known leafs fans.

swing and a miss bud
Swing and a miss?

S***, even you should be able to figure this one out Halla. You see only 4-5 guys there that are Leafs fans? Give me a break :laugh:

Nizdizzle

Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Sorry, but “Leaf Fan Syndrome” (summer 18) is a pandemic. Only way to fight it is with heavy artillery.

Unfortunately some of the good fans will feel that. I’ve been there, as a Caps fan.
Amazing how some people don't see how this is a two way street. You can't talk down to all Leaf fans, and then expect that none of them are going to be abrasive to you in return. Whatever, this stuff makes it pretty clear on who to add to the ignore list from both sides.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ill take the two teams that have won the last three cups and beat each other along the way to do so. Call me crazy but I think its a good guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: billcook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad