Who are your top 10 goaltenders so far this year?

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
At the moment

1. Andrei Vasilevsky
2. Pekka Rinne
3. Connor Hellebuyck
4. Sergei Bobrovsky
5. Tuukka Rask
6. Cory Schneider
7. Freddy Anderson
8. Carey Price (Would make top ten if he weren't on the dying Habs)
9. John Gibson
10. Devan Dubnyk

Although Carter Hutton has been a surprise this season, one of the Blues best players this season alone, can't believe he hasn't started more games for them. Would've put Cam Ward too, he'd redeem himself on another team.

The hype around Price has to become a meme at this point,

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Lol @ Schneider in a top 10. He is currently being outplayed by Kinkaid by a lot and has not won any of his past 10 starts

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Not ignoring previous seasons, I would say:

1. Rinne
2. Gibson
3. Bobrovsky
4. Vasilevsky
5. Hellebuyck
6. Andersen
7. Rask
8. Price (who will rebound)
9. Crawford
10. Quick

Holtby and Murray look very bad right now.

But if it's just a list based on best performances this season I would take out Price.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Gibson is pretty easily higher than #9 right now. He's the only reason the Ducks aren't in the Dahlin sweepstakes right now

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
He had a bad stretch of games. He was otherworldly for close to 3 months.

Put Vasilevsky, Rinne, etc on the Rangers and watch their numbers plummet.

If you can post a .916 in nearly 60 starts on a bottom 3 defensive team in NHL, you are absolutely a top 10 goaltender.

Goaltenders are too team based. If Lundqvist played his career behind Weber, Subban, Josi, etc he would have already had numerous Vezina trophies. Instead he wasted prime years behind Girardi, Staal, Malik, Rozsival, etc.

My top 10 in no particular order for this year, Rinne, Vasilevsky, Quick, Lundqvist, Bobrovsky, Rask, Hellebuyck, Gibson, Fleury, Raanta.

I won't say that you are wrong. I will say that Rinne has no Vezina trophies. If he played for an O6 team, he might have 1 or 2 by now.

Reactions: Tmu84

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Hellebuyck is good but not as good as his stats say.

giphy.gif

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
So far THIS year:

1. Pekka Rinne
2. Andrei Vasilevsky
3. Connor Hellebuyck
4. Freddy Anderson
5. Sergei Bobrovsky
6. Marc Andre Fleury
7. John Gibson
8. Tuukka Rask
9. Devan Dubnyk
10. Jonathan Quick

HM: Carter Hutton. But most especially, Antti Raanta : 28th in time played with 2123 mins to go along with a 2.43 GAA (12th), a .924 SV% (12th) with a wins/loss record of 15-15 (2 SO) ...

...on Arizona.

P.S. How does Price factor into any top ten this year?

nole

Jan 14, 2018
Rinne
Gibson
Vasilevsky
Hellebuyck
Bobrovsky
Quick
Rask
Fleury
Dubnyk
Anderson

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Lundqvist stats between november 1st and januari 31st (3 months)

.928 sv%
2.42 GAA

Don't bother posting. Facts don't matter.

Lundqvist is a relic of the past who can't compete in today's NHL.

Also. The lack of Raanta is criminal. Show me 10 goaltenders who can post a .924 in Arizona... I'll tell you right now, there isnt.

If you can put up respectable to great numbers on the Rangers, Islanders, Capitals, Coyotes, etc... the teams that have brutal advanced stats, tons of high danger chances against, then you are in the conversation for top 10.

Holtby and the Isles duo haven't been able to. Grubauer has been a rock in Washington, deserves a ton of credit. Lundqvist has been solid with the Rangers, and Raanta has been great in Arizona.

When I see this top 10 list everyone is putting up, it's goalies on good to great teams who have excellent advanced stats. Numbers need to be put in context.

Reactions: Siddi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad