Who are your Stanley Cup favorites right now?

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
-A lot of Pens hype on here.

-Im a realist. We are the 2 time defending champion, but our defense has holes.

-That said, our new backup goaltender is now 5-1 with a 92% save percentage. Issue fixed.

-The schedule has not been kind to the Pens at all, with a ridiculous opening schedule. We are 5-1 in our last 6, and lost on luck against the Rangers.

-This team is still built on offense. Our goals per game is still low, which is concerning. Our GPG against average is misleading, because of Niemi who is garbage and gone.

-Justin Shultz missing almost a 1/3 of the season to date has hurt.

-The Pens have scored 4+ goals in 5 of the last 6, that is a good uptrend.

-Ill put us on hold for now.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The Penguins are the favorites.
No other answer is even remotely acceptable.
They may not win - but their back to back with arguably still the 2 best players in the game gives them that title.

The Pens don't have the same depth as the had the last two years.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Personally the teams I could see making a legit run:

Tampa, obviously
Toronto
Calgary
Preds
Columbus

Maybes: St. Louis (like the Bengals and Caps, can't trust em until they do it), LA

Darkhorse: Dallas

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Three teams I think will do well in playoff.

The Islanders: I look at their groupe of players and I see many players that could potentially step up their play a notch in the playoff. Chimera/Cizikas/Clutterbuck just look like one of those 4th line player that make the difference in a game with their forecheck. They also proven playoff value like Boychuk, Seidenberg, Ladd with tons of experience plus a few wild cards like Eberle and Ho-Sang. Watch for them if Halak catch fire.

The Jets: Before this season, I would have say this team lacked top end talent with the exception of maybe Laine and Scheifle. Now Scheifle has really established himself as a top 10 centre, and Wheeler is having a very good year. Supporting cast is good and that defence is deep.

The Predators: Loving the Turris addition, that team is doing very well even without their no.3 dman in Ryan Ellis. Emelin usually play well and he's an upgrade on the 3rd pairing over Weber or Irving. Bonino, Hartnell bring ton of experience, they have gamebreaker potential with Subban and a few potential darkhorse heroes like Aberg, Sissons, Gaudreau...

Top 6 teams I dont see having success:

The Leafs: success will come sooner than later for the team but I'm expecting a 1st or 2nd round exit for them. They are still growing as a team and I can't see a team going far in the playoff with Ron Hainsey for a consecutive years. Maybe they add a dman at the deadline but I would be patient and stick to Kapanen, Liljegren, etc... if I were them.

The Knights: it would be a nice story for them to make a playoff run and I'd cheer for them, but I can't see them beating the Kings, the Sharks or the Stars in a 4 to 7 series. For obvious reason: they are not talented enough.

The Sharks: they are trying to hold on to their aging core and I dont see it going well for them next playoff, not better than it went for them against the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad