Who are your sleeper picks?

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
For some reason I think Marcinko will be a steal wherever he goes. I've seen him going mostly in the early 3rd, and I don't know why, but something tells me he's going to be a good one. :dunno:

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Josh Gillam and Camper Carter. I think John Anderson COULD be taken in the the top 20... Vancouver might pick Mika Lahti at 14th overall :sarcasm:

T

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
sarcastro said:
For some reason I think Marcinko will be a steal wherever he goes. I've seen him going mostly in the early 3rd, and I don't know why, but something tells me he's going to be a good one. :dunno:

Well considering ISS ranks him as the 17th overall pick...I can see him going a lot sooner then the 3rd.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
BobMarleyNYR said:
Josh Gillam and Camper Carter. I think John Anderson COULD be taken in the the top 20... Vancouver might pick Mika Lahti at 14th overall :sarcasm:

I think Camper could sneak into the second round and turn out to be a great 2nd line player, but I doubt any team will take him in the first. I like what i've heard about him though.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
for 3rd round types. Marcinko and Berra. Both have impressed me a lot with their play and, IMO, neither is really getting the credit they diserve that this point. Maxwell is another fast rising player who I think will be gone prety early on in the draft compared to most experts predictions, possibly even in the first round.

As for my 4th round and beyond types.... what, you think I'm going to give away my mock draft strategy? ;)

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
Balej's Dance said:
Yes, but understand. Do NHL managers/scouts or ISS scouts draft? I don't think teams care what ISS or CSB have to say about a player.

No but use common sense. If the Internation Scouting Services rank a player as the 17th best skater. If an NHL team sees that, it would spark a few different results: "Yes we already know he is good", "Who? lets go scout him and find out", "My way or the highway, I know best". ;)

It is quite rare to see a player ranked 17th...fall into the 75ish range. However, anything could happen. I'm just saying, he was rated 17th by one of the biggest prospect scouting agencies, so if he went earlier I wouldn't consider it a real big sleeper pick.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Corona-12 said:
No but use common sense. If the Internation Scouting Services rank a player as the 17th best skater. If an NHL team sees that, it would spark a few different results: "Yes we already know he is good", "Who? lets go scout him and find out", "My way or the highway, I know best". ;)

It is quite rare to see a player ranked 17th...fall into the 75ish range. However, anything could happen. I'm just saying, he was rated 17th by one of the biggest prospect scouting agencies, so if he went earlier I wouldn't consider it a real big sleeper pick.

Seeing as how every NHL team employs their own scouting staff, I would think they rely more on the scouts they pay than the ISS. However, I would not be suprised if I learned that some people on the ISS team are friendly with scouts from NHL teams and give them info.

Players slipping and slipping and slipping can always occur.

Unless you are a fly on the desk the moment before the GM goes to pick, there's no certainty on whose name a team will call (certain 1st overall picks excluded)

Default101

Harrison Reed - rated to go 3rd round could turn out to be as good as a 2nd line winger, he's got great tools in only one season in the OHL will be a top winger by the end of his career, and could turn out better than where he was drafted

Dustin Jeffrey - Has played great everytime i've seen him, in the last 2 seasons i've seen him play 6 times, and he's scored atleast one goal in every single game, he's been called "A poor man's Bobby Ryan" pretty good who's not expected to go till earliest mid 6th round

Rafael Rotter - Haven't seen him on the draft rankings but he made a smooth transition to north america in Guelph, the only problem for him would be his size he's very small but he's got the skill to be a late round pick, and could suprise depending on how things go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad