Who Are Your Non-Wings Teams?

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I liked Edm back in the day, the team that went to the finals was awesome to watch. They lost me during the 4 1 overall picks in a row phase that just pissed me off so I was happy some of them busted and haven't followed em since. I am happy the fans have more to cheer for these days though, that Alberta fan base is awesome.

I like Tampa because I enjoyed watching Yzerman and what our management could have been if the right move was made at the right time and he stayed here. Coach coop, Tyler Johnson, the Bishop trade, Connolly bust, Stamkos health, Kucherov and Gusev picks, the Drouin and Martin St. Loius sagas. Was always something going on.

Always liked the Leafs, a lot of cable packages in Detroit included CBC so I got to watch HNIC which was mostly whoever played Toronto. You can even pull CBC on the antenna in certain areas.

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
HIFK, used to like following the Devils, thanks to former IFK star Rafalski playing there but ever since he joined Detroit, haven't really been following any other NHL teams that much.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
The other teams I watch have been influenced by those around me.

Started to follow the Oilers after they retired Yzerman went on that cup run. Also have been following the Leafs since I was a wee lad. In my family you were either a Wings or Leafs fan. Luckily I adopted the right one as my favourite, but my dad is a Leafs fan so I have a soft spot for them.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Wings are my number 1 by a lot. After them it's Boston, I've got family ties to New England and they're all Broons fans. I love Brad Marchand.

Reactions: Lil Bert

bearball

Sep 11, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK
I don't really root for them, but I will always keep an eye out for the Minnesota scores. I just love how bought in that whole state is when it comes to hockey.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Ah, I miss Windsor. Spent my first 29 years there. Great place to be a hockey fan. So many Leafs fans, Wings fans and Habs fans. Always passionate arguments.
Leafs were my second favorite team as a young kid, behind Montreal. But they were so awful in the early 80s, and I hated having to watch them instead of Montreal.
In the 80s, I started using paper route money to go to the Joe and watch the Wings. I was hooked.

Erie Street LOVED the Leafs. Not sure why.

In the 90s, man did I hate the Leafs.
Nikolai Borchevsky ....
I was at a houseparty filled with Wings fans and Leafs fans when this happened.

Watching this sequence, it's hard to comprehend how bad the Wings defensive zone play was.

I remember that goal, as a kid I was absolutely crushed.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Ah, I miss Windsor. Spent my first 29 years there. Great place to be a hockey fan. So many Leafs fans, Wings fans and Habs fans. Always passionate arguments.
Leafs were my second favorite team as a young kid, behind Montreal. But they were so awful in the early 80s, and I hated having to watch them instead of Montreal.
In the 80s, I started using paper route money to go to the Joe and watch the Wings. I was hooked.

Erie Street LOVED the Leafs. Not sure why.

In the 90s, man did I hate the Leafs.
Nikolai Borchevsky ....
I was at a houseparty filled with Wings fans and Leafs fans when this happened.

Watching this sequence, it's hard to comprehend how bad the Wings defensive zone play was.

If you watch the Leafs game tying goal - Dino took a shift off and was just camping the boards at the blue line away from the play. Let the Leafs have a defacto PP for quite some time before they scored.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
been a die hard wings fans since 93 when the northstars left. wild are #2 I go to the wings wild game every year, but the wild are hard to watch since fenton destroyed there team.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Toronto Raptors and Indianapolis Colts. I have no desire to support any other hockey team.

313ryans

Nov 23, 2016
Way back in the sega genesis days...Canucks with Bure, but they fell out of my favor in the Crawford era...and their recent fanbase doesn’t help.

I root for Minnesota, Calgary, St Louis; and the AVs a little bit because i have family in Denver. On this side of things I like Nashville, but as soon as the Wings are contenders that will stop.

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
I don’t have a number 2 team but I’m partial to original 6 teams and I root for teams on a run that haven’t won yet like the Blues last year. With Babcock/Shanny running things Toronto is who I follow closest post-April.

Last edited:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
For years, I pretty much hated every team but Detroit. But now, I'd consider the Predators my #2 team. Their fans were great when I went to Nashville for our season opener. I would go again in a heartbeat.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
Boston. They have the perfect amount of skill and chemistry that makes every shift exciting to watch. Top line is sick and rooting for Marchand is a lot more fun than rooting against him. Dudes a riot

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Kings. But also developing a soft spot for the Oilers and even the Leafs (I know. I know).

I think partly because I kinda want to see this place explode of the leafs won the Cup.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I use to like the Bruins but now that we moved to the east i have no other team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->