Who Are Your Non-Wings Teams?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Whichever teams is most exciting at the time. A few years back I was all over the EDM hype after all their 1st overall picks and watched some games. That died off quickly though lol. This time around I wouldn't mind watching some Devil's games just because of their play by play guy alone. I will never have a concrete "2nd" team. It Wings and thats it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Quite many teams with best Finnish players.

It's nice to watch them, but I don't know for rooting. The love for Red Wings is different. It's the only one.

As hockey-only perspective, Vegas has the best hockey to watch. Always entertaining.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Ranked
1. Montreal - Longtime Habs fan.
2. Carolina - All Mrazek, all the time. Plus they've Svech, Necas, and an exciting team.
3. Chicago - I've liked this team since Hossa went there. Don't like Kane. Respect the heck out of Toews. Hoping Bowman can pull a rabbit out of a hat one more time.
4. Washington - Love OV, Kuz and the others.
5. Edmonton - Really like Drai. Like McDavid. Love how hockey-crazy Edmonton is. Love the uniforms. Add in Jurco, and I'm all about it.
6. Boston - Big fan of Marchand, Chara, Bergeron and Pasta.
7. Tampa - I liked Tampa because I liked Stevie. Still like a lot of their players, especially Kucherov. But have to admit, Stevie leaving took them down a notch.

HM- Starting to like the Avs with all that talent in 1996-02 buried in the history books.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Ranked
1. Montreal - Longtime Habs fan.
2. Carolina - All Mrazek, all the time. Plus they've Svech, Necas, and an exciting team.
3. Chicago - I've liked this team since Hossa went there. Don't like Kane. Respect the heck out of Toews. Hoping Bowman can pull a rabbit out of a hat one more time.
4. Washington - Love OV, Kuz and the others.
5. Edmonton - Really like Drai. Like McDavid. Love how hockey-crazy Edmonton is. Love the uniforms. Add in Jurco, and I'm all about it.
6. Boston - Big fan of Marchand, Chara, Bergeron and Pasta.
7. Tampa - I liked Tampa because I liked Stevie. Still like a lot of their players, especially Kucherov. But have to admit, Stevie leaving took them down a notch.

HM- Starting to like the Avs with all that talent in 1996-02 buried in the history books.
So many red flags for me in this post. Currently triggered.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
So many red flags for me in this post. Currently triggered.

LOL.
It's hard to hold grudges against other teams anymore man.
The grudges I hold are against ex-Wings braintrust like Holland and Babcock.

Hell, I hated the Leafs growing up, and if it wasn't for Babcock, I'd root for them.

I think the Penguins are the last team I hated because of rivalry. What's that? 10 years ago?

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
Mostly root for other players and follow their teams. Love OV and Wilson, so I watch the Caps when I can. Rooting for Carolina and Edmonton because of Kenny, Mrazek, and Jurco as others have mentioned. I’d love to see Barkov and the Panthers be good and strangle out the Leafs this year.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Carolina because they are jerks and for elite skill players in the different teams

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I've tried following other teams since the Wings started to go down hill and just can't get into it.

I definitely know who I'm rooting against: Boston and Toronto.

I guess I'd like to see Tampa or San Jose finally win one.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
LOL.
It's hard to hold grudges against other teams anymore man.
The grudges I hold are against ex-Wings braintrust like Holland and Babcock.

Hell, I hated the Leafs growing up, and if it wasn't for Babcock, I'd root for them.

I think the Penguins are the last team I hated because of rivalry. What's that? 10 years ago?
Meh, The Habs and Hawks can lick my balls, specifically the Hawks. I don't think I'd hate them all that much if I didn't live here though.
But like I said I like players, so I've always enjoyed watching Patrick Kane play stick and puck.

Reactions: Christien

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
VGK, currently live here and now some of my coworkers can talk shop with me.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I care a tiny bit about Nashville and Columbus when they're in the playoffs because of geography.

But if Det is in the playoffs with them then that's a hard no.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Been a die-hard Red Wings fan since 1984...For quite some time I couldn't see myself cheering on anyone else.

Then sometime around 1989 - I watched a few Maple Leaf games, and really admired Wendel Clark, and eventually they became a very distant 2nd favorite team.

I guess the Leafs still rank #2 overall, but as of late I sorta got a 'soft spot' for the old farts in San Jose...Would be nice to see Joe Thornton hoist the :stanley:

Reactions: kliq

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Became an Oilers fan 6-7 years ago. Storied franchise with a lot of drama to follow (failed first overalls, coaching changes, mismanagement, etc), great fanbase, great HF board members, Battle of Alberta, and now McDavid.

Also great they're generally starting a couple hours after the early games, I love it when the Wings are on at 7 and the Oilers start a west coast game at 10.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Always had a thing for Tampa since their cup run. Enjoy Washington because of OVI and Wilson. Kind of have a soft spot for Philly lately. Like how they are always aggressive and take it to Pens when they can. Ill pay attention to that these teams do and root when it comes to playoff time when Wings are in it.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I used to root for Tampa when we were in the west but now being in the same division? Nope. I kind of like Philly and Arizona, I enjoy watching teams with good defenders. You know, because I miss it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad