Who are your favorite teams (after the Avs of course) and maybe a couple teams you hate

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I dont have any teams i straight up hate, but idk i just cant stand boring teams with no talent
like BUF just puts me to sleep every time. DET too.
EDM surprisingly is like this much more than i care to admit...i even find McDavid boring sometimes.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
1. Avs
2. Canucks

Any team that produces entertaining hockey (Pittsburgh, Toronto, Tampa)

30. Islanders
31. Wild

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
1. AVS
2- Underdogs
3- Good teams

Always hated the Habs with passion until very recently. For most of my life I was more thrilled to watch the Habs lose a game than the AVS/Nords win a game. But then they started to suck real bad and because of my love for underdogs it became hard to hate them. Same with the Sens this year. They got through so much shit, I can't hate them even if I want a high pick.

Reactions: MarkT

member 116861

1. Aves
2. Canes
3. Panthers
4. Lightning
5. Penguins

27. Ducks
28. Sens
29. Blues
30. Preds
31. Wild

Reactions: Murzu

KingSizeKirby

PLAYOFFS!?
May 26, 2011
Ontario
Avs and only Avs.

I do like watching Habs and Nucks games because of family.

But I do have some teams I hate.

1. Wild
2. Maple Leafs
3. Redwings
4. Blues
5. Blackhawks
6. Preds
7. Senators

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If anyone here doesn't have the Wild in their most hated teams I cannot be friends with you anymore.

For me I only really have time to invest in the Avs.

Before last playoffs I did have a soft spot for the Preds but that flipped right around when we were on the receiving end of their BS last season.

Reactions: MarkT

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
1. Avs
2. Canucks

Any team that produces entertaining hockey (Pittsburgh, Toronto, Tampa)

30. Islanders
31. Wild

I'll just go ahead and add you to my enemies list...
8be1ef9757e077c017d4a5a2661e941c74c0185c.gif

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Favorite teams besides Avs:

Teams I hate:
  • Anaheim Ducks
  • Arizona Coyotes
  • Boston Bruins
  • Buffalo Sabres
  • Calgary Flames
  • Carolina Hurricanes
  • Chicago Blackhawks
  • Columbus Blue Jackets
  • Dallas Stars
  • Detroit Red Wings
  • Edmonton Oilers
  • Florida Panthers
  • Los Angeles Kings
  • Minnesota Wild
  • Montreal Canadiens
  • Nashville Predators
  • New Jersey Devils
  • New York Islanders
  • New York Rangers
  • Ottawa Senators
  • Philadelphia Flyers
  • Pittsburgh Penguins
  • San Jose Sharks
  • St Louis Blues
  • Tampa Bay Lightning
  • Toronto Maple Leafs
  • Vancouver Canucks
  • Vegas Golden Knights
  • Washington Capitals
  • Winnipeg Jets

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Favorite team:
Avs
Like but don't really follow:
Pens
Flavor of the month:
Habs
Hate:
Minny
Canes
Preds
Ducks

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
What’s wrong with the Hawks? They played beautiful high tempo hockey. Easy to enjoy the way they played.

Idk, they're in our division and I was sooooo sick of hearing of only the hawks during their dynasty period. Agreed on their play style though and Kaner (while I don't really like him) is a beauty.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Just Avs.

I do like players on other teams though. I even like Parise. Couturier is growing on me too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I actually REALLY liked the Hawks before it was revealed that Patrick Kane was a human ****stain and not just a cocky d-bag. Those Avs/Hawks tilts were must-see hockey back in the day. I still am quite fond of Coach Q even though I still think he singlehandedly cost the Avs a playoff spot that one year. :laugh:

I'm glad that someone finally spoke out about him, but I'm still pretty disgusted with how little effect it's had on his career. I know girls with their own Kane stories, so the way even female hawks-fans were happy to sweep it all under the rug just because he's a magician on the ice, has always creeped me the f*** out.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Teams I love and truly follow:
Avs

Teams that I like a lot:
Stars
Sharks
Canes
Tampa
Caps

Then there are some teams that I somewhat like and some that are neutral for me.

Teams that I despise:
Wild

Teams that I truly hate:
Mild

Teams that smell like ****:
Green Filth

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
1. Avs - Only team that I invest emotionally in, and even then, not a lot. But yeah, obviously a fan.
2. Underdogs. Current teams that are perennial losers that I feel sorry for or sympathize with (think Florida or Buffalo).
3. Kings. I was born in LA. I hold a soft-spot for their sports teams. I am more of a well-wisher than a fan.
4. Lightning. This started as a reaction against some people hating southern teams. But my mom has also lived in Tampa for the last 25 years, so I adopted them longterm as an option for the playoffs or whatnot.

31. It changes. Used to be the Red Wings, and while I'll never like that team, the rivalry is dead.
Most teams I dislike are a result of their fans here. Which is sad, but so it goes. And also heavily Canadian. Edmonton, Toronto.
I've never liked Winnipeg despite Atlanta being an underdog I'd root for, but a lot of that has to do with how Jets fans were circling that carcass. Considering they lost the original Jets, that left a bad taste in my mouth. And being Central rivals doesn't help matters.
The Wild, of course. But they've never really rated as "hate". Strongly dislike, sure. But I think of them as a team that will never truly inspire that sort of emotion. Mediocrity has been and is their station. They should be careful, else they might make it to underdog status with me.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
Simple. none, I can't find myself to actually cheer I am very happy for wash though:). but I guess ill say whoever loses to help the avs get in the playoffs I like.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Caps for sure. I’ll try and catch as much games as possible

I fricking hate edmonton, really wish McDavid went somewhere else (not Toronto)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm glad that someone finally spoke out about him, but I'm still pretty disgusted with how little effect it's had on his career. I know girls with their own Kane stories, so the way even female hawks-fans were happy to sweep it all under the rug just because he's a magician on the ice, has always creeped me the **** out.

That's rape culture for ya.

Also, the NHL and the Hawks continue to go out of their way to feature him in promotional material and charity work, they're just trying to bury it all under a mountain of good PR.

Nothing new for the league and the Hawks in general. They still celebrate Bobby Hull even though he too is a rotten turd of a man.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's rape culture for ya.

Also, the NHL and the Hawks continue to go out of their way to feature him in promotional material and charity work, they're just trying to bury it all under a mountain of good PR.

Nothing new for the league and the Hawks in general. They still celebrate Bobby Hull even though he too is a rotten turd of a man.

Yeah. I still wish that they had traded Kane for a king's ransom & paid Panarin. That way I wouldn't have to feel so conflicted towards a franchise that both directly impact my own experience playing the game as a kid, and drew so many of my friends into the sport later in life.

Instead, this organization that should be hands down my second favorite team, just makes me feel gross.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad