Who are your favorite teams (after the Avs of course) and maybe a couple teams you hate

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
This was in another thread and I thought it was a good convo and would not mind seeing it continued. I'll start her off.
1. Avs (duh lol)
2. Bruins
3. Blue Jackets
4. Panthers
5. Lightning
But really 3, 4, and 5 are all interchangeable
6. Sabres
29. Preds
30. Red Wings
31. Wild

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Avs and Caps are the only teams I actually care about. Even then it’s really only the Avs I follow legitimately. I was born in DC and Ovi’s my favorite player so I’ve always rooted for the caps in the playoffs since I couldn’t root for the Avs lol.

Reactions: AvsFanJosh

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
1. Avs
2. Habs (my Dad & Grandpa's team)
3. Leafs (my hometown team)
4. Arizona (I love underdogs)
29. Nashville (they were top 5 for a while, but I hate Subban)
30. Minnesota (f*** those guys)
31. Vancouver (I always hated the way they played when they shared a division with the Avs, I don't particularly like people from BC, I think their name and logo are dumb, I never liked the Sedins, I don't like their broadast team, I don't like their time zone for games, etc...)

I'd also say I have a fondness for Calgary, Washington, San Jose, and Dallas, and have a vague dislike of LA, the Rangers, and (until this season) Ottawa. Oh and I hate Boston when Montreal is their opponent.

Edit: I forgot about the Wild, which is great because it's what I aim to do.

Last edited:

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
1. Avs
30. Nashville (they were top 5 for a while, but I hate Subban)
31. Vancouver (I always hated the way they played when they shared a division with the Avs, I don't particularly like people from BC, I think their name and logo are dumb, I never liked the Sedins, I don't like their broadast team, I don't like their time zone for games, etc...)
Wow tell us what you really think about Vancouver lol.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
1. Avs
29. Nashville (they were top 5 for a while, but I hate Subban)
30. Minnesota (**** those guys)

I'd also say I have a fondness for Calgary, Washington, San Jose, and Dallas, and have a vague dislike of LA, the Rangers, and (until this season) Ottawa. Oh and I hate Boston when Montreal is their opponent.

Edit: I forgot about the Wild, which is great because it's what I aim to do.

So what you're saying is you hate @BrickAHL

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Avs
Canucks
Wild

Leafs
Wings

I knew there was a reason I don't like you ;)

Side note: This is a great thread for starting random feuds with people over teams they kind of cheer for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy G

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I dunno, obviously Avs are #1 but beyond that I'm kind of a hockey whore. I vowed after that disastrous, soul-draining 2016-17 season I'd never let Colorado ruin a hockey reason for me, so I'm kind of a hockey fan first, Avs fan second. I really don't care where good hockey comes from (though I'd prefer it not come from Minnesota).

I jumped on the Rangers bandwagon at the worst possible time, when they were an old, slow, expensive team and they were too scared to tell 90-year-old Mark Messier he needed to retire. I think they're still my #2 team, but their stupidity as a franchise is really starting to wear thin. I already don't like David Quinn as an NHL coach.

I really, really loved those Stars teams when Seguin first showed up. So frustrating to see them pretty much ruin it since then with a bunch of old, slow bodies in the lineup and that dumb panic move to hire Hitchcock.

And believe it or not I have a whole lot of friends in Vancouver so I kinda/sorta follow the Canucks. Now THERE is one frustrating franchise. Much as the Nuggets/Avs/Broncos/Rockies can make me want to put my fist through the wall, they ain't got nothin' on the Canucks.

I'm still a big Ovechkin fan even though I don't like some of the stuff he's said/done off the ice, just a truly amazing player, I like the Caps to a certain extent but despise Tom Wilson with every fiber of my being.

There's only one team in all of sports I will never, ever root for or even wish well: The Oakland (or Vegas, whatever) Raiders. f*** them forever.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Not gunna lie and I have said it before, but I like the Canucks.

This version of them with Boeser, Pettersson etc not the Bertuzzi/burrows/Kesler eras.

Reactions: BrickAHL

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I sort of like the Flyers because back in the day when all the Cups were won by Detroit, Colorado and New Jersey, the Flyers were a great team with great players and never won one. They also have Gritty.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm sorry, but how can you like the hawks??

Avs
TB
Maybe Winny...the Pooh! OHHhhhh Got 'em!

I grew up in and currently live in Chicago again. Playing down the street from the United Center as a kid, and the hawks’ owner’s daughter ran some team-building classes for us. Which lead to us watching a few games from the owner’s box...including an Avs-Hawks game.

Plus they got a lot of my friends into hockey while playing a fun & exciting style during our rebuild...and I got to talk shit about their best player being a rapist or how I remember what the UC was like when I was a kid, any time the locals would get too uppity.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
My favorite team, after the Avs...

The Minnesota Vikings.

That's about it.
Maybe the Colorado Rockies, somewhere after them...

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm sorry, but how can you like the hawks??

Avs
TB
Maybe Winny...the Pooh! OHHhhhh Got 'em!

I actually REALLY liked the Hawks before it was revealed that Patrick Kane was a human shitstain and not just a cocky d-bag. Those Avs/Hawks tilts were must-see hockey back in the day. I still am quite fond of Coach Q even though I still think he singlehandedly cost the Avs a playoff spot that one year. :laugh:

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad