Who are your favorite late picks/hidden gems for the 2024 draft?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Some overager goalies come to mind first. I know that goalies are voodoo and I don't know if they're gonna get drafted at all but Harrison Meneghin, Lukas Matecha and Jan Spunar (actually double overager) are all looking promising, displaying consistency you rarely ever find with goalie prospects. They're all big and mobile as well which is what NHL teams are looking for. Another interesting big overager goalie is Nico Pertuch out of Germany who has been impressive in pretty much every international game he played on mostly very bad German teams. Played quite a bit of pro hockey this season as well. They're no overagers but I think Phileas Lachat and Christian Kirsch out of Switzerland are interesting goalie prospects who could go in the later rounds.

Speaking of Switzerland, Italy's Tommaso De Luca was almost 0,50 this season in the NL (averaging just 10:39 per game) which is a more than respectable scoring output for a prospect in his D+1 season (except that De Luca of course didn't get drafted of course). Given the fact that De Luca was most certainly overlooked for reasons that had little to do with his on ice performances I think there's a chance he could get drafted this season and be an interesting prospect to follow.

Tristen Doyle is an undersized defenseman with average WHL scoring output but he actually does have great tools, being among the smoothest skaters in the entire CHL and having excellent hands. He's gritty, playing bigger than his size as well. Though the tools are there, his game with the puck is a work in progress but his game against the puck is excellent. He's very reliable, playing big minutes while being used on the shutdown pairing as well. His teammate Chadwick (rightfully) does get a lot of praise for his offensive impact but that is possible partly because Doyle (and his partner Arntsen) is shouldering the tougher minutes. I don't know if he's gonna get drafted but I feel like there's untapped potential.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad