Who are your favorite 2020 Draft Eligibles?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
haven't seen any of aman, sounds like he's a pretty good playmaker.
mid round guy for you?

Probably more of a late rounder. I think he's a late bloomer with some untapped potential though, perhaps the best forward in J20 Superelit this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: neelynugs

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I am not a scout—so my favorites are based on limited viewing and what professional scouting services (this year McKeen's and HockeyProspect.com) and "scouts" on these boards are saying.

Niederbach is my favorite forward based on his cerebral style of play. He is solid on both ends. I see him being an outstanding 2C in the mold of Plekanec or Krejci.

Seeley is my favorite defenseman. He is a good skater, efficient passer, and, even though he is one of the younger d-men, he is the most sound positionally in the draft.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Perfetti is underrated even tho he is 8 to 15 on most list.

He's gonna be in the top3 best player of this draft looking back.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
I would love for Stutzle to get a chance to play with Drai, although I know that's not happening. I'm a fan of local kids Benning and Savoie, because I've seen them play quite a few times and know how skilled they are.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I would love for Stutzle to get a chance to play with Drai, although I know that's not happening. I'm a fan of local kids Benning and Savoie, because I've seen them play quite a few times and know how skilled they are.

Well, Peterka and Reichel are high end German players as well for Drai to mentor.

I’m very bullish on Peterka, he can absolutely fly out there, good shot, reliable defensively, and strong on the forecheck. Lots to like with Peterka.

Here’s his WJC draft video that I also posted in HFOil. Very impressive as an underager.

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
two guys in my top ten that tend to fall well outside that tier are jarvis and mercer. i don't understand why jarvis is off everyone's radar. is it for the simple fact of playing in the whl in portland, a non-hockey market? cause that didn't stop jones or hossa from getting attention... jarvis has a really well-rounded game though, and i think he'll be a top 6 guy at the next level. i think he's in the same tier as raymond and holtz (5-9 range). mercer had a lot of hype coming into the season, and while he perhaps didn't blow expectations out of the water, i think he had a great season and looks promising as a prospect. i'd draft him somewhere in the 10-12 range.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Anton Lundell
Seth Jarvis
Kaiden Guhle
Jake Neighbours
Thomas Bordeleau
Emil Heineman
Roby Jarvente
Topi Niemela
Reid Valade
Egor Sokolov

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
1st Round
Marco Rossi
Seth Jarvis
Connor Zary
Jack Quinn
Mavrik Bourque
Jake Neighbours

Later Rounds
Dmitri Ovchinnikov
Kasper Simontaival
Jacob Dion
Tristen Robins
Kyle Crnkovic
Michael Benning

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
My favorites in this draft:

Lafrenierre
Stutzle
Rossi
Quinn
Reichel
Wallinder
Nybeck
Colangelo
Peterka
Joel Blomqvist

If the Wings end up with any 3 this draft I will be through the roof.

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
Well, Peterka and Reichel are high end German players as well for Drai to mentor.

I’m very bullish on Peterka, he can absolutely fly out there, good shot, reliable defensively, and strong on the forecheck. Lots to like with Peterka.

Here’s his WJC draft video that I also posted in HFOil. Very impressive as an underager.

I'll check him out, thanks!

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'll check him out, thanks!

The thing I like with Peterka in my film reviews is that he’s an excellent skater, good shot, nifty hands, and most importantly he’s extremely competitive all over the ice and is willing to battle for pucks and compete physically.

Some consistency issues with him because he plays full speed ahead all the time, but I really like his competitiveness and especially his commitment to defence.

He’s probably my favourite non consensus top 10 players, if JJ Peterka is available at the Oilers pick we should be all over taking him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad