OT: Who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
IMO their roster is still pretty terrible on paper. I don't really get the idea that they were handed such a great team. I would have bet anything they'd be garbage. The success they're having is pretty remarkable imo. I can't really think of a team that has done more with less in a long long time.

They weren't handed a "great team". They were handed an extremely DEEP team, even if only for one or two years. Maybe they didn't have any top line talent, but they didn't have any 13th forwards that were playing a top 9 role either.

Not to mention, they're pretty much all veterans. No young marginal plugs.

They probably had the deepest camp of any NHL team.

Add in the factor of decent players feeling like they're cast offs, and some second line talent that could be top line talent if they got the ice team, there's a team that's a lot better than anyone figured.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
#1 - Tampa of course (not because of the draft pick)

#2- Leafs

#3 - Vegas ( i guess for the underdog story, they won't go past the 2nd round though)

Rest I dont care about.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I can't help but like Pittsburgh this year. It's easier for me to root for them now with Brassard, my love. :)
ban_button_on_keyboard.jpg

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Toronto. I want Toronto to come out of the Atlantic. The TB and Boston #1 picks in June will be better picks. They won't be #28-#31.

If TB wins the Cup,they can win it in 2019.

At some point the Rangers are getting either the #31 pick or a 2nd which is lower. Much better off having Tampa win this year and then hoping for them to have a Stanley cup hangover the next year.

Reactions: haveandare

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Can't believe Gorton made the condition that we have to root for a rival to win the whole thing for that 2nd to be a 1st.

I guess Tampa but I don't give a shit about former Rangers winning a cup if it's not in a NYR jersey, just about that pick being a 1st....

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I'm a Vegas season ticket holder, so obviously I'm rooting for them. Would be great to see them win it all, but I can't see them getting past Round 2. They don't have a roster built for playoff hockey.

I just hope the winner comes out of the west. Unless it's Tampa, so we get another #1.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Anaheim has always been my second favorite team anyway, so I like them out of the west.
Same here. If they can get good goaltending maybe they can be a surprise coming out of the west. It will be tough with Nashville tho. In the east just can't root for anyone especially the Devils and Flyers. Only reason to root for the leafs would be to knock out either the Lightning and Bruins and get our first rounder to be much higher.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

trilobyte

NYR Fan In the Foothills
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Bruins are the team I like. The Lightning winning the grail favours the Rangers for next year's pick, but who I cheer for affects the outcome in no way. When I watch a hockey game, the 'business of hockey' is not foremost for me.
I don't like the Lightning, regardless of how many ex-Rangers they have, so I won't be smiling and clapping for them.
I like the players on this Bruins team. I'll even listen to Jack Edwards.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Didn't say cheer for. Just watch cause it's readily available. The only team from the east I'm remotely interested in seeing play in them this year

Otherwise Shorks

Edit: And the lady I'm seeing is a Flyers fan. rip

No comparison between the Flyers and the Devils.

Am I the only one who dates girls who aren't hockey fans?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->