Who are you more tired of: Lebron or Golden State?

Who are you more tired of?

• Total voters

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I enjoy watching LeBron, he's great and fun to watch. But his efforts to play coach/GM are annoying. I have exactly zero problem with the Warriors. They play a beautiful, unselfish brand of basketball. And for the record, I also really enjoy watching the Raptors although obviously I would have enjoyed watching the Sixers in the finals even more. :sarcasm:

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
What KD did was entirely different, and whatever part of me enjoyed watching the free-flowing Warriors stopped the day he signed with them. Say what you want about Lebron, but at least he had to go build something. KD just walked into the greatest regular season of all-time after they beat him in the playoffs.

Never seen anything like it, and I'm not sure I will again.

The equivalent would have been Hakeem Olajuwon joining the Bulls after their 72-10 season.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
This is the problem. They can't handle not being seen as equals to the greats before them. All the players before had arcs in their careers where they built up to championships. Players today believe if it doesn't happen over night then there is something wrong with everyone else. This is why some of the greats never won championships. They weren't looking for the easy solution. Lebron and KD will go down as top players in the history of the sport regardless of how many championships they win. They just think getting as many no matter how is the same as gambling and staying loyal to a team and earning a championship. No matter how many championships LeBron wins they will never match how Jordan won his.

They think getting as many no matter how elevates them to that status because they've come through the generation of ring counting. They've grown up with people telling them that is how greatness is measured, so of course they think that way.

Which agreed is stupid, but they're just playing the game that fans and some in the media have created for them.

This was such a giant narrative when it was Kobe trying to get six that it basically established this criteria.

Last edited:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
If it wasn't for the Raps in the final, I'd enjoy seeing more of the Dubs. As long as the Raps aren't playing for them, I enjoy a team taking hold of destiny and creating a dynasty.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
This is the hugest part of it. If player greatness gets measured on rings (which I think is stupid, but it's obviously a huge narrative that gets repeated constantly) then it's hard to fault players going for them because that's the measure of success now.

But, funnily enough, the people who are quick to say "5 rings doe" are also commonly the "KD is a snake" type people.

It isn't just never winning either, you need several. LeBron's three rings aren't good enough. It needs to be 5 to reach Kobe tier. As long as the narrative remains 5 rings, 6 rings, then players are going to chase those rings because spending your whole career with a garbage team and only getting 1 ring is going to make you a failure.
As I've said many times before, chips are overrated when evaluating a player's greatness. Unless it's something like 2011 Dirk, 1994/95 Hakeem, 2003 Duncan or possibly 2019 Kawhi, chances are, all the other ATG players played on loaded rosters which were favoured to win the title in September.

Reactions: Wrigley and Morozov

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I chose LeBron since he's been in the finals for 8 years in a row prior to this year...essentially, a lot of high school kids don't remember an NBA finals without LeBron, which is crazy to think about.

Also, LeBron fans are easily one of the most cancerous fan-bases in all of sports (Kobe and CR7 fans are the only ones that top "Bronsexuals" imo). The media also gives regular updates about LeBron's past success and/or regular life which I'm sure even LeBron himself is getting annoyed of by now; it's just overkill. LeBron can also be kind of extra off the court in terms of trying to be the GM and coach.

I personally love watching Golden State play ball. They dominate the game by playing as a team, getting the best out of everyone on the roster, and have virtually changed the way basketball is being played in terms of 3-point shooting and P&R.

In terms of being a disproportionally stacked team, Curry was drafted 7th overall in 2009 (behind Thabeet, Rubio and Johnny Flynn); Thompson was the 11th pick in 2011 (behind Derrick Williams, Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo, Brandon Knight and Jimmer); Draymond was a second round pick in 2012, hence he was passed up by all 30 teams at least once; Iggy/Livingston were signed after many teams deemed them as wash-ups; KD signed as an UFA because it's more enjoyable to play ball with this Warriors core than it is around Russell "I only care about triple doubles" Westbrook; Boogie could've played on any team as he was paid like $5 mil a year and was coming off a devastating injury; and Steve Kerr is a world-class coach who helped alter the Warriors culture since entering in the 14/15 season (Kerr is a big reason why GS took a huge jump immediately after he replaced Jackson as their HC).

The Warriors are hated by NBA fans for the same reasons why NHL fans hate the Penguins and Blackhawks (and the Wings/Habs before them); NFL fans hate the Patriots; MLB fans hate the Yankees; soccer/futbol fans hate Barca/Madrid, etc. Because they are consistently better than your favourite team. It’s that simple tbh

Last edited:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Not tired of either.

Tired of constantly hearing about nba free agency for KD, Kawhi, AD, Kyrie, etc.

Like the finals don’t matter.

So hilarious that these talk shows have multiple segments a week talking about it.

To be fair I spent much of the year thinking I wish we could just fast track to free agency because those player moves were going to be more interesting than the inevitable Warriors final win again.

But here we are, which is great.

This off-season is huge though.

Reactions: Wrigley

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
LeBron. The guy isn't in the playoffs this year and yet the national sports media has to keep him talking about him.

I guess on the other hand, he's a part of why the Lakers were the shitshow they were this season, and I have enjoyed the Lakers being a shitshow so I shouldn't complain.

Last edited:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
GS but only cause of the KD drama. Watching him give up on the play today was pathetic. Yes I understand he’s hurt but planting his foot and just throwing the ball away? It’s the finals in an elimination game it’s just beyond me that he wouldn’t fight to protect the ball or call a timeout while he was in control of the ball

Side note I don’t think he should have been playing I will give him credit for the attempt. The fans cheering the injury were disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrigley

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I chose LeBron since he's been in the finals for 8 years in a row prior to this year...essentially, a lot of high school kids don't remember an NBA finals without LeBron, which is crazy to think about.

Also, LeBron fans are easily one of the most cancerous fan-bases in all of sports (Kobe and CR7 fans are the only ones that top "Bronsexuals" imo). The media also gives regular updates about LeBron's past success and/or regular life which I'm sure even LeBron himself is getting annoyed of by now; it's just overkill.

I personally love watching Golden State play ball. They dominate the game by playing as a team, getting the best out of everyone on the roster, and have virtually changed the way basketball is being played in terms of 3-point shooting and P&R.

In terms of being a disproportionally stacked team, Curry was drafted 7th overall in 2009 (behind Thabeet, Rubio and Johnny Flynn); Thompson was the 11th pick in 2011 (behind Derrick Williams, Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo, Brandon Knight and Jimmer); Draymond was a second round pick in 2012, hence he was passed up by all 30 teams at least once; Iggy/Livingston were signed after many teams deemed them as wash-ups; KD signed as an UFA because it's more enjoyable to play ball with this Warriors core than it is around Russell "I only care about triple doubles" Westbrook; Boogie could've played on any team as he was paid like $5 mil a year and was coming off a devastating injury; Steve Kerr is a world-class coach who helped alter the Warriors culture since entering in the 14/15 season.

The Warriors are hated the same way NHL fans hate the Pens and Blackhawks (and the Wings/Habs before them); why many NFL fans hate the Pats; why many MLB fans hate the Yankees; why many soccer/futbol fans hate Barca/Madrid, etc.
The only revolutionary thing they have done in terms of screens is run multiple illegal picks every possession and realize the refs won't call them all.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Also, LeBron fans are easily one of the most cancerous fan-bases in all of sports (Kobe and CR7 fans are the only ones that top "Bronsexuals" imo). The media also gives regular updates about LeBron's past success and/or regular life which I'm sure even LeBron himself is getting annoyed of by now; it's just overkill.

In terms of being a disproportionally stacked team, Curry was drafted 7th overall in 2009 (behind Thabeet, Rubio and Johnny Flynn); Thompson was the 11th pick in 2011 (behind Derrick Williams, Jan Vesely, Bismack Biyombo, Brandon Knight and Jimmer); Draymond was a second round pick in 2012, hence he was passed up by all 30 teams at least once; Iggy/Livingston were signed after many teams deemed them as wash-ups; KD signed as an UFA because it's more enjoyable to play ball with this Warriors core than it is around Russell "I only care about triple doubles" Westbrook; Boogie could've played on any team as he was paid like $5 mil a year and was coming off a devastating injury; Steve Kerr is a world-class coach who helped alter the Warriors culture since entering in the 14/15 season.

The Warriors are hated the same way NHL fans hate the Pens and Blackhawks (and the Wings/Habs before them); why many NFL fans hate the Pats; why many MLB fans hate the Yankees; why many soccer/futbol fans hate Barca/Madrid, etc.

I think Bronsexuals are worse than Kobe Stans, especially because social media wasnt huge during Kobe's prime/peak. CR7 fans are pretty damn bad too, I know a few and its unbearable at times.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don't like super teams.

And yes, LeBron left Cleveland to take his talents to South Beach and I lost a lot of respect for him. Respect I regained after his almost single-handed crazy 3-1 comeback against the Warriors.

But when Durant went to Golden State, I just rolled my eyes and sighed.

It's like when you play shooters or other videogames online, and when the round is over, all the losing players switch over to the winning team.

Have some personal pride.

From a hockey perspective, it never sat well with me that Hossa left the Pens to join the Wings who had beaten them in the finals. I love Marian as a person but that was a poor decision and karma ended up rearing its head (for a little while).

Somehow San Antonio managed to create that team concept that everyone bought into, and were competitive, without having to stack their team with hired guns. (until the Leonard fiasco where the team's rep took a bit of a beating)

Last edited:

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I had no problems with Durant joining the team. LeBron started the whole team up with other stars when you cant get it done yourself thing. Its cause people are too obsessed with championships these days, nobody cared that Barkley/Stockton/Malone/Wilkins etc never won it all.
This is a bit misleading. The Celtics were the original "superteam" with KG, Ray Allen, and Pierce.

The difference between LeBron and KD is that LeBron joined a mediocre team along with Bosh. KD joined a record-setting 73-9 team that had just beaten his team in the conference finals after he blew a 3-1 lead. If KD had gone anywhere else to team up with any other superstar(s) he wouldn't have gotten hate. It was one of the most cowardly moves in sports history that destroyed the competitive balance of the league.

I completely agree with you on the championships thing. These guys care about their legacy so they're going to ring chase hard.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
This is a bit misleading. The Celtics were the original "superteam" with KG, Ray Allen, and Pierce.

The difference between LeBron and KD is that LeBron joined a mediocre team along with Bosh. KD joined a record-setting 73-9 team that had just beaten his team in the conference finals after he blew a 3-1 lead. If KD had gone anywhere else to team up with any other superstar(s) he wouldn't have gotten hate. It was one of the most cowardly moves in sports history that destroyed the competitive balance of the league.

I completely agree with you on the championships thing. These guys care about their legacy so they're going to ring chase hard.
LBJ joined a 47 win team along with another superstar. And on top of those two they added Mike Miller, a pretty damn good swingman. It's the same freaking thing.

Reactions: Cassano and Voight

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
LBJ joined a 47 win team along with another superstar. And on top of those two they added Mike Miller, a pretty damn good swingman. It's the same freaking thing.
It was a weak move and he deservedly got hate, but it was nothing like KD. LeBron had been carrying a horrific Cavs team to the playoffs every year. Look at how they did when he left (perennial lottery team). KD left a team on the verge of making the Finals to join the best team in NBA history (by record). AND it happened to be the team that he just blew that 3-1 lead to. It's not anywhere near the same thing. The equivalent would've been like LeBron joining the Spurs or Celtics (and assuming the Cavs weren't complete garbage without him and assuming that he had just blown a 3-1 lead to one of those teams).

Last edited:

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
The 2016 finals was the greatest time i've ever had watching basketball. Lebron's performance in that series was just unbelieveable.

Reactions: Voight

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Then they added guys like Battier and Allen over the years. SMH

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007

It really isn't though. KD joined an already champion team, while also leaving a team that had a 3-1 lead against that they blew. He was one win away from putting the Warriors down, then went and joined them when his team failed. Sorry but Mike Miller of all people does not really come close to balancing that equation. A 47 win team, plus Bosh (effectively what he joined) does not come close to joining the Warriors.

I don't have a problem with either because the key word in free agent is the word FREE. But the circumstances are not the same at all.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Imagine thinking joining a 5 seed that didn’t win a playoff round, is the same thing as joining the beat regular season team in the history of the sport that was a possession away from winning back 2 back chips.

The real issue that most people have with Kd as well is he left to join the team that beat him. LeBron didn’t join the Celtics, he formed a team to beat them.

If KD and another elite player joined forces with say James Harden in Houston, I don’t think anyone would have an issue with that.

Reactions: Morozov

member 51464

GS but only cause of the KD drama. Watching him give up on the play today was pathetic. Yes I understand he’s hurt but planting his foot and just throwing the ball away? It’s the finals in an elimination game it’s just beyond me that he wouldn’t fight to protect the ball or call a timeout while he was in control of the ball

Side note I don’t think he should have been playing I will give him credit for the attempt. The fans cheering the injury were disgusting.
It's a devastating and painful injury. This is real life, not a Hollywood blockbuster.

Reactions: Voight and Cassano

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

This has to be sarcasm right, there’s just no way you’re being serious with this crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->