Who are you more tired of: Lebron or Golden State?

Who are you more tired of?

• Total voters

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I am glad LeBron didn't make the playoffs but will hate it if he gets some superstars to play with in Los Angeles. At this point he is only stat padding and artificially extending his career by always trying to have really competitive teams.

Golden State has been one of the best all time teams and seem to still have enough talent to make another run next season but will it turn fans off even more because a healthy GS is unstoppable.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Golden State is just a well-oiled machine, one cohesive unit that has bulldozed the league for the better part of five years.

LeBron is a beast as well, a one man army but I could do without his incessant need to play politics.

Reactions: Field of Dreams

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
LeBron only because ESPN has a obsession with him. He's not in the playoffs yet they find a way to make his Instagram posts/stories a top news item.

GS is running into the problem the Pats have, some people just hate success and don't come to appreciate it. In the 90's, nobody was b******* about the Bulls pulling off two 3 peats, and the likelihood that they would have won 8 straight had Jordan not been retired/suspended.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
LeBron only because ESPN has a obsession with him. He's not in the playoffs yet they find a way to make his Instagram posts/stories a top news item.

GS is running into the problem the Pats have, some people just hate success and don't come to appreciate it. In the 90's, nobody was b******* about the Bulls pulling off two 3 peats, and the likelihood that they would have won 8 straight had Jordan not been retired/suspended.

GS wouldn't have these issues if the Durant and Cousins signings didn't happen. A 73-9 team didn't need to add an NBA MVP and subsequently an additional allstar after 2-peating. People actually loved the Warriors prior to that since they were built through smart drafting/developing/trades rather than big-name FA signings.

To some extent you're right. However, the Pats were initially loved during Brady's first 3 SB until Spygate/Deflategate/PEDelman significantly dampened that enthusiasm.

Reactions: zombie kopitar

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
the Sun has essentially set on LeBron being the "Final Boss" or so to speak. By time AD joins him LeBron will likely still be a great player, but nowhere near what he was from like 2008 to 2016.

I honestly didn't mind the Warriors until Durant. Curry and Klay were likable, that team was built through the draft and the two guys they got in FA were good stories in their own right. Shaun Livingston reviving a once thought to be dead career and Iggy finally getting his ring. Durant ruined it.

I hope that team blows up in the offseason.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I had no problems with Durant joining the team. LeBron started the whole team up with other stars when you cant get it done yourself thing. Its cause people are too obsessed with championships these days, nobody cared that Barkley/Stockton/Malone/Wilkins etc never won it all.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
GS wouldn't have these issues if the Durant and Cousins signings didn't happen. A 73-9 team didn't need to add an NBA MVP and subsequently an additional allstar after 2-peating. People actually loved the Warriors prior to that since they were built through smart drafting/developing/trades rather than big-name FA signings.

To some extent you're right. However, the Pats were initially loved during Brady's first 3 SB until Spygate/Deflategate/PEDelman significantly dampened that enthusiasm.

I had no problems with Durant joining the team. LeBron started the whole team up with other stars when you cant get it done yourself thing. Its cause people are too obsessed with championships these days, nobody cared that Barkley/Stockton/Malone/Wilkins etc never won it all.

I remember Lebron came out in the media and said they needed to add another player and at the time the thought was LeBron wanted Carmelo Anthony but the owner said no. Because of Golden States stellar drafting they were so much under the cap that they could easily bring in a max player and so they did. LeBron, Love, Irving, Anthony was what he was going for but was beaten to the punch. The league had the opportunity to sign Cousins but nobody was willing to play a guy to sit on the bench for most of the season rehabbing. GS took the chance nobody would like the Bulls signing Rodman.

If the Raptors win it will be the first non-superteam to win it in the 8 years. SA was a really well run front office who like GS drafted their superteams and earned it the right way.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

LeBron did it because got literally no help during his entire first run as a Cav. A lot of beef with LeBron was because he decided to announce it on national TV like a massive douche.

Durant left a championship contender to join a team that just won 73 games in a season and came within one of winning a title. He's a *****

Massive difference despite what you think

Reactions: Roman Fell

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
LeBron did it because got literally no help during his entire first run as a Cav. A lot of beef with LeBron was because he decided to announce it on national TV like a massive *****e.

Durant left a championship contender to join a team that just won 73 games in a season and came within one of winning a title. He's a *****

I don't waste much emotion on it really. Lebron was 24 and still had time to become a champion. If it weren't for him in Miami this phenomenon of buying championships wouldn't have been a thing.

Reactions: Voight

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I don't waste much emotion on it really. Lebron was 24 and still had time to become a champion. If it weren't for him in Miami this phenomenon of buying championships wouldn't have been a thing.

"Still had time"

Tell that to Ewing, Barkley, Stockton, and Malone.

BTW, Voight is a LeBron hater.

Reactions: Trade

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007

What's the permissible amount of time for a player to spend wasting their career with a garbage organisation that isn't equipped to support your goals?

For me it's as long as you are contractually obligated to. If you don't think that organisation is giving you what you need, and you aren't contracted to them, off you go.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I remember Lebron came out in the media and said they needed to add another player and at the time the thought was LeBron wanted Carmelo Anthony but the owner said no. Because of Golden States stellar drafting they were so much under the cap that they could easily bring in a max player and so they did. LeBron, Love, Irving, Anthony was what he was going for but was beaten to the punch. The league had the opportunity to sign Cousins but nobody was willing to play a guy to sit on the bench for most of the season rehabbing. GS took the chance nobody would like the Bulls signing Rodman.

If the Raptors win it will be the first non-superteam to win it in the 8 years. SA was a really well run front office who like GS drafted their superteams and earned it the right way.

Windhorst did report that when LeBron decided to come home, he told Gilbert he had to trade for either Love or Aldridge. I know originally LeBron/Wade were supposed to team up w/ Melo in 2010 (they planned it a couple years in advance) but while they signed 3 year deals in 2007, for some odd reason Melo went for the 5 year and thus Bosh filled in his spot. I'm sure he wanted Melo on the Cavs but at the time he was locked into that massive contract he signed with the Knicks and there was nor elastic way to add him without giving up Kyrie or Love. By the time Kyrie left Melo was on the downturn and really not worth the investment (ask Sam Presti)

LeBron did it because got literally no help during his entire first run as a Cav. A lot of beef with LeBron was because he decided to announce it on national TV like a massive *****e.

He still started the trend, but it also has to do with fans in general caring more and more about 'chips. KD knew no matter what he accomplished if he had never won, it would always be brought up. GS was really the only realistic option to win.

"Still had time"

Tell that to Ewing, Barkley, Stockton, and Malone.

BTW, Voight is a LeBron hater.

I'm not, I respect the hell out of him for reaching and then surpassing the gigantic expectations that were put on him. He was The Next One in basketball and while he isn't better than MJ, he's pretty damn close and a top 4 player of all time. Not like in hockey where every "Next One" hasn't really come close to Gretzkys greatness.

I also give him a lot of ratings and respect for his business moves & for putting his close friends in positions where they could and did succeed, instead of having them as hanger ons & getting a bunch of guys in suits to look after his money/career/business he made his best friends work for it.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
He still started the trend, but it also has to do with fans in general caring more and more about 'chips. KD knew no matter what he accomplished if he had never won, it would always be brought up. GS was really the only realistic option to win.

This is the hugest part of it. If player greatness gets measured on rings (which I think is stupid, but it's obviously a huge narrative that gets repeated constantly) then it's hard to fault players going for them because that's the measure of success now.

But, funnily enough, the people who are quick to say "5 rings doe" are also commonly the "KD is a snake" type people.

It isn't just never winning either, you need several. LeBron's three rings aren't good enough. It needs to be 5 to reach Kobe tier. As long as the narrative remains 5 rings, 6 rings, then players are going to chase those rings because spending your whole career with a garbage team and only getting 1 ring is going to make you a failure.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This is the hugest part of it. If player greatness gets measured on rings (which I think is stupid, but it's obviously a huge narrative that gets repeated constantly) then it's hard to fault players going for them because that's the measure of success now.

But, funnily enough, the people who are quick to say "5 rings doe" are also commonly the "KD is a snake" type people.

It isn't just never winning either, you need several. LeBron's three rings aren't good enough. It needs to be 5 to reach Kobe tier. As long as the narrative remains 5 rings, 6 rings, then players are going to chase those rings because spending your whole career with a garbage team and only getting 1 ring is going to make you a failure.

Even worse, it relegates legends like Malone & Payton to playing small roles on top teams at the end of their careers just to have that one ring. & that was really even before people started going ring crazy.

Reactions: Morozov

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

This is the problem. They can't handle not being seen as equals to the greats before them. All the players before had arcs in their careers where they built up to championships. Players today believe if it doesn't happen over night then there is something wrong with everyone else. This is why some of the greats never won championships. They weren't looking for the easy solution. Lebron and KD will go down as top players in the history of the sport regardless of how many championships they win. They just think getting as many no matter how is the same as gambling and staying loyal to a team and earning a championship. No matter how many championships LeBron wins they will never match how Jordan won his.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Even worse, it relegates legends like Malone & Payton to playing small roles on top teams at the end of their careers just to have that one ring. & that was really even before people started going ring crazy.
a player on the down side of their career is different than when you are a top 10 player in the league.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
While not really a fan, I've always really enjoyed watching Lebron- if that makes any sense. And whilst I didn't really enjoy him going to Miami, I understood it at least. The Cavaliers franchise (owner) is a joke.

What KD did was entirely different, and whatever part of me enjoyed watching the free-flowing Warriors stopped the day he signed with them. Say what you want about Lebron, but at least he had to go build something. KD just walked into the greatest regular season of all-time after they beat him in the playoffs.

Never seen anything like it, and I'm not sure I will again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->